2 ? 6yr
5 ? 5yr
4 ? 4yr
4 ? 3yr
4 ? 2yr
5 ? 1 yr

You will assign term AFTER the draft

All players earning 1M or less can be bought out at any time penalty free
All WW claims or FA are at a cost of 1M (unless they were previously bought out because salary stays with the player for the duration of contract)
Any player over 1M salary may be bought out at a 50% cap penalty for the remaining contract

Contract Types

Farm ? player is free ($0) and can be moved freely from the farm to the active roster every Monday before the first game starts??players lose farm eligibility at 700AB, 36 starts, 200 in
Once a player loses farm eligibility he MUST be signed to an ELC

ELC ? 1 yr @ $750k
2 yr @ $1.5M
3 yr @ $3.0M
The year/season in which the ELC is signed counts toward the cap but does NOT burn a year off the contract

RFA ? 1 yr extension @ $1M raise
2 yr extension @ $2M raise
There are no such thing as qualifying offers etc?..the only way you ?lose? a RFA is if you choose not to resign him at which point he becomes an UFA

UFA ? Bidding process every winter over the Holidays??..if you are the winning bidder on one of your own UFA??you will receive a ?hometown discount? on the contract of 10% ??the bids will be done as follows?.the commissioner will nominate a player (in order of perceived value?.highest to lowest) and the TOTAL contract amount will be bid by posting a reply?..the auction ends when we have went 24 hours without a new bid. The term of the winning bid will be disclosed within 48 hours of the bid closing, but does not need disclosed in the bid. Max of 7yr contract length.

We will have a Vet draft and a prospect draft separately ??.where each player falls according to that classification is the same as the prospect eligibility rule

1st pick in the Vet draft earns last pick in the Prospect draft??.16th pick in Vet draft earns 1st pick in prospect draft??.The draft will be Snake in style, but with a 3rd round reversal (popular in fantasy football circles)

Here is an example of how the contract and salary dynamic plays out?.

I own Trevor Story on my farm and it is April 1st of last season??.Story can float and play all year at zero salary between my farm and the bigs??fast forward to right now??Story has 372 AB?.he can play the same way at the same cost until he hits 700 career AB at which point he must be signed to an ELC??.Hypothetically Story hits 700 AB this July and I sign him to a 3 yr ELC at $3M??.the cap hit is immediate and Story can no longer be on my farm however the 1st year of his 3 yr deal will start in 2018?..flash forward again?.it is the winter before the 2021 season I can extend Story to a 2 yr extension at $5M per season?.this takes Story who is at that time 27 yrs old thru his age 29 season in the winter of 2022?.Story will in effect be a 29 year old UFA coming off a $5M salary ready to hit pay dirt in the open market?..I had ultra cheap exclusive control on him form the 2016 ? 2022 season (7 years)??.a rival GM runs the bid on Story to $150M dollars however since I am the ?hometown team? for Story I have an advantage I could bid $170M and win Story back but only owe $153 with my 10% discount??..

Anyway there are tons of other wrinkles I look forward to explaining, but trust me this will be the GREATEST format you have every played in your life.

if you have interest email me at [email protected]