Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Mark Stone - under the radar and having his best season yet

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Mark Stone - under the radar and having his best season yet

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    quite the opposite. I'm just passing time at work lol. My online dobber forum persona is nothing like real life.
    I do agree with VintageVibe... this place is more fun with you around... it's all hugs and high fives when you're not.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I do agree with VintageVibe... this place is more fun with you around... it's all hugs and high fives when you're not.
    Thanks man. I'll give you a hug for that.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    Ev/Sheik is our Dwight K Schrute. The Sens are his Beat Farm. Mark Stone = Michael Scott <3<3<3. Anything non-Sens related = Jim Halpert (scum of the Earth).

Seriously though, this place would be so boring without him and his trollololing antics. There is no Office/forum without Dwight Schrute/Ev/Sheik.

That said... Mark Stone (65-70+ point upside) is a great hockey player. But if I could land Marner (80-85+ point upside) for him in a keeper league today I would...
    This is actually a great analogy. I don't think Ev trolls on purpose, just like Dwight doesn't troll on purpose. They are just being themselves, and the unintended consequence is that they make the people around them feel trolled. hehe

The Great One

It's put up or shut up time for Mark Stone - next week he finally enters......THE CAGE MATCH!
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Banned

what's the point? we all know who is going to win the cage match...whoever he is up against

Dobber Sports Pro

1 point in his last 5 games... ugh. I blame this thread. And Big Ev.

At least he is continuing to shoot the puck... 240 shot pace over his last 10 games.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    1 point in his last 5 games... ugh. I blame this thread. And Big Ev.

At least he is continuing to shoot the puck... 240 shot pace over his last 10 games.
    that's exactly why he's just a 60pt player, he's too inconsistent.

there will be periods where he doesn't score much like now. and there will be periods where he goes on a tear (causing Ev to create a thread projecting 70pts).

i would not be surprised if he does end up having a 70pt season one of these years. with some luck he will get there, but based on his performance so far he seems to be in that 60-65 point range type of player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    that's exactly why he's just a 60pt player, he's too inconsistent.

there will be periods where he doesn't score much like now. and there will be periods where he goes on a tear (causing Ev to create a thread projecting 70pts).

i would not be surprised if he does end up having a 70pt season one of these years. with some luck he will get there, but based on his performance so far he seems to be in that 60-65 point range type of player.
    Every player in the NHL who isn't a PPG player is inconsistent. Find me a guy who gets 70 points and you will find slumps for that player.

If you watch Stone, you will know that his game is not inconsistent. I'm expecting close to 35 points rest of season.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I've gotta say I'm really impressed with Hoffman who's suddenly scoring at a higher pace than Stone this season despite playing on the checking line.

Those guys could both hit 70 if the coach would let them stick together! **** balanced scoring... we need fantasy points.

- - - Updated - - -

I've gotta say I'm really impressed with Hoffman who's suddenly scoring at a higher pace than Stone this season despite playing on the checking line.

Those guys could both hit 70 if the coach would let them stick together! **** balanced scoring... we need fantasy points.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Every player in the NHL who isn't a PPG player is inconsistent. Find me a guy who gets 70 points and you will find slumps for that player.

If you watch Stone, you will know that his game is not inconsistent. I'm expecting close to 35 points rest of season.
    his game is inconsistent enough to not be a consistent 70pt player. those players that hit 70pts do go through slumps but still produce enough to hit that mark, unlike stone.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Stoner has the potential to hit 70+ in a career year, but he's not a solid 70 point guy like Backstrom or Tavares obviously

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    his game is inconsistent enough to not be a consistent 70pt player. those players that hit 70pts do go through slumps but still produce enough to hit that mark, unlike stone.
    you don't know that until he does it.

Dobber Sports Pro

Ev, have you noticed a difference in Stone's game lately that is leading him to have high SOG numbers? Is he just getting a lot of circumstance based shots like rebound attempts, or is he asserting himself more as a shooter rather than being more of a playmaker? I've been considering trading him in my league because my strategy is to roster guys who get a lot of SOGs, but I'm curious whether his recent shooting pace is a new trend or just an outlier. If he was a 200-240 SOG per year guy instead of a 150 SOG per year guy that would instantly switch him from being a guy I am sort of actively looking to trade to a guy I wouldn't trade unless I got an offer I can't refuse.

The Great One

what's the point? we all know who is going to win the cage match...whoever he is up against
    You might be surprised. That being said, I'm sure you'll find reason to complain and accuse me of bias or close-mindedness.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

- - - Updated - - -

They're both on PP1. That's good enough. And Line 3 gets similar minutes to Line 1 and 2. They are always out against the big stars and have severely limited stars for the last few months or so. McDavid, ovechkin, crosby, etc. have all been shut down.