Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Mark Stone - under the radar and having his best season yet

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Mark Stone - under the radar and having his best season yet

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Well, in the five games since i criticized Stone's shooting rate he has 19 SOG. I said he needs to shoot at least 2.5 times per game to have a prayer at hitting 70 and he has answered the bell with 3.8 SOG per game since then! Alas, he only has 3 points in those 5 games and I still don't see him hitting 70 this year. But I love his shooting rate and while it is bound to regress a bit I hope to God he can keep it up around 2.5-3 long term. That would make me a very happy Stone owner (Stoner?).
    I don't see him getting there this year. Marner might Stone's career year will likely be mid-70's. Which is great, but I just don't see that other gear from him to consistently break 70 or ever push 80. I have him on my roster & he's one of my final keepers. I can peg him in for 65-70 every year. You know what you're getting, which makes him easy to own.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I can peg him in for 65-70 every year. You know what you're getting, which makes him easy to own.
    Yeah, 70+ would be great but the 65ish points he seems all but a lock to achieve on an annual basis are still very nice. As long as he keeps shooting the puck I'm a happy camper. Though I would trade him straight up for Marner in a second if the Marner owner was keen. (He would laugh at me and say no thanks. )

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Yeah, 70+ would be great but the 65ish points he seems all but a lock to achieve on an annual basis are still very nice. As long as he keeps shooting the puck I'm a happy camper. Though I would trade him straight up for Marner in a second if the Marner owner was keen. (He would laugh at me and say no thanks. )
    This is telling... I guarantee Stone gets offered up for Marner daily in every variety of league 1-1... and rejected 90% of the time. Reversely. I don't see a Marner owner submitting a trade offer for Stone 1-1.. As it will be accepted 90+% of the time. H

ell I offered Giroux & a 1st for Marner and was told to 'get bent'

Banned

This is telling... I guarantee Stone gets offered up for Marner daily in every variety of league 1-1... and rejected 90% of the time. Reversely. I don't see a Marner owner submitting a trade offer for Stone 1-1.. As it will be accepted 90+% of the time. H

ell I offered Giroux & a 1st for Marner and was told to 'get bent'
    Good thing he did that, because that's a horrid trade for you.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Good thing he did that, because that's a horrid trade for you.
    Marner will outpoint Giroux as soon as next year. You're going to have to get used to seeing Marner, Matthews in the top 10 in scoring for the next decade.

Dobber Sports Pro

You're going to have to get used to seeing Marner, Matthews in the top 10 in scoring for the next decade.
    Alas, I think this is true. I grabbed Marner off free agency last year in my keep all league. Dylan Strome too. Then I traded both away to rebuilding teams for win now assets, thinking both would take some time to acclimate to the league. Was right about Strome, but that Marner one I'd really like to have back...

Banned

Marner will outpoint Giroux as soon as next year. You're going to have to get used to seeing Marner, Matthews in the top 10 in scoring for the next decade.
    Even if true (disagree about Marner in top 10), adding a 1st is really dumb. Makes no sense when Giroux is the more proven player. You're being blinded by homerism. you must have sent that offer to a Leaf fan because that's ridiculous.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    The way I look at Big Ev or the Iron Sheik hes either mentally unstable or the biggest troller ever. Either way I find it fun to poke around his fourms, as you can see by the many hits on this one, others do as well.
    Ev/Sheik is our Dwight K Schrute. The Sens are his Beat Farm. Mark Stone = Michael Scott <3<3<3. Anything non-Sens related = Jim Halpert (scum of the Earth).

Seriously though, this place would be so boring without him and his trollololing antics. There is no Office/forum without Dwight Schrute/Ev/Sheik.

That said... Mark Stone (65-70+ point upside) is a great hockey player. But if I could land Marner (80-85+ point upside) for him in a keeper league today I would...
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Banned

I'm not trolling. We literally just had a thread where another user, lucafen, admitted to trolling me. How is that cool? How is that fair and not hypocritical?

Also, I didn't comment about Marner v Stone. I only commented on Giroux. No way I trade Giroux for Marner unless salary is involved.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not trolling. We literally just had a thread where another user admitted to trolling me. How is that cool?

Also, I didn't comment about Marner v Stone. I only commented on Giroux. No way I trade Giroux for Marner unless salary is involved.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Even if true (disagree about Marner in top 10), adding a 1st is really dumb. Makes no sense when Giroux is the more proven player. You're being blinded by homerism. you must have sent that offer to a Leaf fan because that's ridiculous.
    It's a keep 10... so I would have been giving up the 130th best player in the NHL. We aren't talking Nolan Patrick + Giroux. It was rejected so it's a moot point.

It's not homerism. Homerism is believing we had a prospect in Tyler Biggs.

Mitch 'MAGIC MAN' Marner at 19 is tied for 26th in scoring, with Patches & Giroux with 39pts. Predicting he'll become a top 10 scorer is no stretch.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm not trolling. We literally just had a thread where another user, lucafen, admitted to trolling me. How is that cool? How is that fair and not hypocritical?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not trolling. We literally just had a thread where another user admitted to trolling me. How is that cool?

One trolling post, followed by an admission to it is nothing to get all bent out of shape over. Insert "Frozen" theme song here...

LET IT GO.

Banned

i'm not getting bent out of shape. I am the one being accused of trolling when that is never the case. Maybe you people should "let it go" and stop replying to me if you think i'm trolling.

Dobber Sports Pro

Not to #StartABeef but I disagree here because of the LOFTY standards. Matthews possibly, but Marner...maybe one year or two with lucky breaks. Because in the top 10 you still need to beat out: McDavid, Crosby, Malkin (healthy), Tarasenko, Ovy, Backstrom, Kane, Panarin, Seguin, Benn, Kessel, Kucherov, Karlsson, Kuznetsov, Hall (full 82 games and a better cast), Johnny Hockey, and Tavares. And I still think Giroux and Voracek can manage to be in the top 10 too especially once Ghost, Provorov, and Sainhiem all are more developed.

Outside shots (random years) from: Johansen, Atkinson, Forsberg, Stamkos (healthy), maybe Getz has another big year in him.

There are still other young players to consider in the future (or who have struggled recently) like: Eichel, Laine, Scheifele, Draisaitl, MacKinnon, Drouin, Ehlers, Barkov (if ever healthy), Puljujarvi, W. Nylander

If I was that Marner owner I'd have taken that in a second. (Edit: say your keeper settings and can see why you would offer it, but wait for him to have a cold streak first then offer for him. You are buying very high!) Giroux has slowly been declining but you KNOW he can get 70+ points, Marner only has 45 NHL games under his belt. So in conclusion I think you love your leafs a lot haha. But Marner is great too!
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Jedi

i'm not getting bent out of shape. I am the one being accused of trolling when that is never the case. Maybe you people should "let it go" and stop replying to me if you think i'm trolling.
    Don't include me in the 'you people' for commenting on you trolling. I enjoy your banter..

I do however picture you sitting at a computer with a grumpy cat look on your face though. You always seem so up-tight and your responses often come with an aggressive undertone to them.

I think you should get a Free Hugs t-shirt and head to the park once a week.

Banned

Don't include me in the 'you people' for commenting on you trolling. I enjoy your banter..

I do however picture you sitting at a computer with a grumpy cat look on your face though. You always seem so up-tight and your responses often come with an aggressive undertone to them.

I think you should get a Free Hugs t-shirt and head to the park once a week.
    quite the opposite. I'm just passing time at work lol. My online dobber forum persona is nothing like real life.