Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Stone - under the radar and having his best season yet

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Mark Stone - under the radar and having his best season yet

Agree with Praba. Remember the Ottawa Montreal Series where he got slashed by PK. The media was all over that stating that Montreal was targeting Ottawa's best forward, a difference maker which could have outcome on who wins the series. At that point people were giving him his props as the best forward they have and how PK should be suspended.

If Ottawa starts making some noise with their team then he will get his props. Besides that the simple fact is hes a good not great NHL player. If your on a bad team you have to be a great player to get yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree with Praba. Remember the Ottawa Montreal Series where he got slashed by PK. The media was all over that stating that Montreal was targeting Ottawa's best forward, a difference maker which could have outcome on who wins the series. At that point people were giving him his props as the best forward they have and how PK should be suspended.

If Ottawa starts making some noise with their team then he will get his props. Besides that the simple fact is hes a good not great NHL player. If your on a bad team you have to be a great player to get yours.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i don't see what the issue is. 60pt winger that is good defensively. nothing wrong with that, as you said 20 or so Wingers put up those point totals last year, and I think another 20 C did as well. so that puts him as a top 50 player, I'd say he gets just as much recognition as he deserves.

if you're complaining he doesn't get enough then you can blame Ottawa for that. small hockey market isn't going to help much especially when the Sens have been a bubble playoff team for most of his career. he just won't get as much exposure, it's no different than OEL in Arizona.
    He absolutely does not get the recognition he deserves and there's nothing wrong with a 60 pt winger who's good defensively, but he's much more than that description. That's the issue. That's like saying Bergeron is just a 60 point C who's good defensively. That doesn't tell you the story about the player. Mark Stone is often the best player on the ice, but any young kid with "potential" will be highlighted more in games by the garbage national media like Jim Hughson etc. We've had to watch Mitch Marner iso cam highlights where he does absolutely nothing. Nothing against Marner, but coverage is stupid.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

This is exactly what I'm talking about. He's not a good player. He is already a great player. Yes Ottawa needs to make more noise, but it's not like he;'s ever been on a bad team.

Banned

by the way if anybody is reading this who has access, can I just have my old account back? What is the point of banning that one but letting me use this?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Since the start of 2014-2015, over the last 196 games, he has scored 64 goals, good for 26.77 goals per 82 games. I think it's a pretty great bet that he will score 25 this year. He only needs 10 more in 40 games. I don't know what to predict for each goal and assist category, but I believe he will be a point per game player or very close in the last 40 games.
    He only had .75 PPG in his last 40 games of 2015-16, but he had 1.05 PPG in his last 40 games in 2014-15, so it is certainly doable! Just needs to go on the same magical run that he went on 2 years ago. During those last 40 games he took 99 shots and scored 16 goals. That is 2.5 shots per game. So I stick by my previous comment that in order to hit 70+ points, he will need to start shooting 2.5+ times per game instead of 1.65 times per game.

- - - Updated - - -

by the way if anybody is reading this who has access, can I just have my old account back? What is the point of banning that one but letting me use this?
    I have wondered that too... haha

Dobber Sports Veteran

I watch a lot of Ottawa games and I agree Stone does not get enough recognition for his play.

He's a very smart player and makes great decisions with the puck.

There's a reason he flirts with 30 goals and doesn't shoot too much.

- - - Updated - - -

I watch a lot of Ottawa games and I agree Stone does not get enough recognition for his play.

He's a very smart player and makes great decisions with the puck.

There's a reason he flirts with 30 goals and doesn't shoot too much.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Titan

12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Yep, it was a very fun thread. And it even gave birth to the "Don't Sleep on Panarin" thread that helped boost him to 77 points.

I'm all for thread necromancy in this case!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

so the issue is doesn't get enough recognition out of Ottawa?

he's a 60pt player on a bubble playoff team in a small hockey market. Ottawa is the reason to blame.

- - - Updated - - -

he's a 60pt player on a bubble playoff team in a small hockey market. Ottawa is the reason to blame.

Dobber Sports Titan

He’s also on pace for 63pts. 34pts in 41games played, Ottawa has played 47games.
    34/41=0.829PPG, Most games he can play this yr is 76, 76*0.829=63pts.

He’ll have to be more than a PPG for the final 35games to get 70pts.

- - - Updated - - -

He?s also on pace for 63pts. 34pts in 41games played, Ottawa has played 47games.

He?ll have to be more than a PPG for the final 35games to get 70pts.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

I propose that if Stone finishes with 70+ points, then Big Ev gets his name back.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No, Toronto centric media is the reason. Players from most Canadian cities don't get recognition except for Leafs and McDavid

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    He?s also on pace for 63pts. 34pts in 41games played, Ottawa has played 47games.

- - - Updated - - -

Incorrect. Ottawa has played 42 games.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

No, Toronto centric media is the reason. Players from most Canadian cities don't get recognition except for Leafs and McDavid

- - - Updated - - -

Incorrect. Ottawa has played 42 games.
    Calgary - Gaudreau is a star and recognized league wide. put up 78 points in his 2nd nhl season

Edmonton - McDavid already recognized as one of the league's best at his position

Montreal - Price already recognized as one of the league's best at his position

Ottawa - Karlsson already recognized as one of the league's best at his position

Toronto - Matthews on pace for 72 points in his rookie season. well deserved recognition league wide

Winnipeg - Laine is getting just as much recognition as Matthews, and deservedly so.

Vancouver - team sucks ass

Seems to me like if you're good enough then you will get recognition. At worst Karlsson is a top 5 talent at his position every year. Stone is not.

If you are in a small hockey market, you need to stand out a lot more than if you are in a bigger hockey market. Ottawa is the reason why Stone doesn't get as much recognition as if he played in Toronto or Montreal. The media would give more coverage to Ottawa if it were a bigger market, but it isn't.

Dobber Sports Genius

Horvat is starting to get some props as well but yes our team does lack a star to market with. The Sedins were always underrated as well but that's because there game was never as flashy as some other superstars and people thought they looked weird.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

The Great One

I tried trading for Stone earlier in the year in my keeper but no dice.

I love his game.

But why does a player NEED recognition? Let him go under the radar and let the true fans know his value.

WHY does he need recognition? Let it be.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried trading for Stone earlier in the year in my keeper but no dice.

I love his game.

But why does a player NEED recognition? Let him go under the radar and let the true fans know his value.

WHY does he need recognition? Let it be.