Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Mark Stone - under the radar and having his best season yet

The Great One

Default Re: Mark Stone - under the radar and having his best season yet

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Ev, have you noticed a difference in Stone's game lately that is leading him to have high SOG numbers? Is he just getting a lot of circumstance based shots like rebound attempts, or is he asserting himself more as a shooter rather than being more of a playmaker? I've been considering trading him in my league because my strategy is to roster guys who get a lot of SOGs, but I'm curious whether his recent shooting pace is a new trend or just an outlier. If he was a 200-240 SOG per year guy that would instantly switch him from being a guy I am sort of actively looking to trade to a guy I wouldn't trade unless I got an offer I can't refuse.
    Based on what I've done on the cage match article thus far, this is a very, very astute and meaningful observation.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    You might be surprised. That being said, I'm sure you'll find reason to complain and accuse me of bias or close-mindedness.
    I don't have to find a reason. You are biased, and everyone knows that. After you were completely wrong last year about Stone not even repeating 60 pts.

First it was, yeah he won't hit 60 again, look at Brad Boyes.

now it's yeah he won't hit 70. Look at this guy who did it once.

Banned

Ev, have you noticed a difference in Stone's game lately that is leading him to have high SOG numbers? Is he just getting a lot of circumstance based shots like rebound attempts, or is he asserting himself more as a shooter rather than being more of a playmaker? I've been considering trading him in my league because my strategy is to roster guys who get a lot of SOGs, but I'm curious whether his recent shooting pace is a new trend or just an outlier. If he was a 200-240 SOG per year guy instead of a 150 SOG per year guy that would instantly switch him from being a guy I am sort of actively looking to trade to a guy I wouldn't trade unless I got an offer I can't refuse.
    Well on this line he's playing with a pass first centre and a guy in Smith who has similar SOG totals so he has to shoot a bit more. If he stayed with Brassard and Smith for a whole year, i bet he would get around 175 shots. He has about 167 per82 since December 1 being with those guys

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    It's put up or shut up time for Mark Stone - next week he finally enters......THE CAGE MATCH!
    Wild guesses for opponent: J.T. Miller? Nino Niederreiter? Kevin Hayes?

All 23-24 years old and pacing for 61-62 points this year.

Banned

Wild guesses for opponent: J.T. Miller? Nino Niederreiter? Kevin Hayes?

All 23-24 years old and pacing for 61-62 points this year.
    If anyone picks any of them over Stone, they are f'ed in the head.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    I don't have to find a reason. You are biased, and everyone knows that. After you were completely wrong last year about Stone not even repeating 60 pts.

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Hello Axeman, meet "go away"

Dobber Sports Pro

If anyone picks any of them over Stone, they are f'ed in the head.
    Well, he said "You might be surprised". So I figured those are 3 close comparables based on this year's production that might lose to Stone in a Cage Match. Like I said, wild guesses.

Coyle is a 4th guy that I should have put on my guess list.

Dobber Sports Deity

LOL! Did that hurt your feelings getting called out on something everyone here knows?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

No. It looks like it everyone else's feelings are butthurt when I make a post that calls them out on their ignorance, though.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Looks like more hugs are needed all around in this thread.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I do not recall me saying, categorically, that Stone would not hit 60 points again. Is it possible I said it? Sure, I guess it's possible. But most likely you read something and - shocker - saw what you wanted to see. Please link to your proof.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Pro

Axeman's picture fo the kettle here since the forums are still kind of being funky
    Both of these made me lol at work today. Thanks
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

The Great One

And the Cage Match is now live: http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-h...r-fantasy-own/

There's also a specific forum thread to discuss it: http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...rited-debating

Dobber Sports Pro

Update: Stone's 82 game pace is down to 62 points. Since the beginning of 2017 he has 13 points in 19 games which is a 56 point pace.

Hopefully he can go on a nice little run and at least break 65 for the first time, but at this point I think there is a higher chance of him failing to break 60 points than there is of him breaking 70.