Thread: Ekblad dropped in 10 person league.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Question Ekblad dropped in 10 person league.

Hey guys. Ekblad was just dropped in a 10 man keeper league and I was wondering which of these D should I drop for him. But first I have some questions I'd love to ask you all.

1. How is it that Ekblad is ranked 7th in the NHL with shots on goal (154) yet only has 7 goals and 8 assists?

2. Can we see more points in second half of season from Ekblad?

3. I'm 4th in the waiver order, IF I do drop one of these D that I have for Ekblad should I use my waiver wire pick on him or should I hope the 3 infront of me don't use it?

Here are my D for Pool 2 (10 man)

Karlsson
    Shattenkirk
    Yandle
    Ristolainen
    Werenski
    Krug
    Muzzin
    Brodie

so do you see anyone worth dropping for Ekblad? Thanks guys.
    Keeper Pool 1

6 Person keepe league H2H
    5 Keepers
    1pt G&A for F&D
    extra pt for PPP
    extra pt for GWG
    2pts Goalie Win
    3 extra pts for Goalie SO
    START 12F 6D 2G

KEEPERS
    Tarasenko- Gaudreau- Karlsson- Eichel- Laine

Keeper Pool 2

10 Person Keeper League H2H
    2 points for G,SHG,SHA,GWG
    1 point for A,PPG,PPA,
    3 points for GOALIE WIN
    2 extra points for SO
    1 extra point for OT Loss
    START 12F 7D 2G

KEEPERS
    McDavid-Eichel-Kucherov-Marner-Karlsson

If you ain't first your last!!

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Ekblad dropped in 10 person league.

I would easily drop Brodie for him.

As far as waiver priority goes, that's a hard thing for someone who isn't part of your league to weigh in on. How often do big names come available on your waiver wire? If it's a pretty rare occurrence, then yes I would use your priority. If you can reasonably expect a bigger name to come available later in the season, maybe you shouldn't. However, if it's a name bigger than Ekblad, there's a damn good chance he wouldn't make it to you anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

I would easily drop Brodie for him.

As far as waiver priority goes, that's a hard thing for someone who isn't part of your league to weigh in on. How often do big names come available on your waiver wire? If it's a pretty rare occurrence, then yes I would use your priority. If you can reasonably expect a bigger name to come available later in the season, maybe you shouldn't. However, if it's a name bigger than Ekblad, there's a damn good chance he wouldn't make it to you anyway.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports All-Star

I agree that Ekblad is due for a positive regression in the second half of the season. He has had some terrible puck luck to have 150 + shots on goal and only 15 points. I would consider dropping Brodie or Muzzin form him. I could see him getting 20 points between now and the end of the season.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Ekblad's PDO is 962 and his 5x5 shot % is half of what it was last year (to 4.6% from 9%), so ya he's due to regress. He's never hit .5 ppg, so unless his regression overshoots the mean, expect 20 pts max in the second half- another 17 points or so ROS. Caution though, with both Huberdeau and Barkov likely gone for the year, Florida is in a tough spot.
    Pool #1: 10 Team Keeper League,

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G
    Protection: Any 22 + 2 prospects
    Result 19/20: 3rd

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov
    D: Rielly, Krug, E. Karlsson, S. Jones, D. Toews, Giordano, Severson, Dobson
    P: Podkholzin, Holtz, N. Robertson, Lundell, Lehtonen, Perunovich
    G (W2, OTL1, SO3, G, A): Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Mrazek, Talbot

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Pool #4: Dobber Campbell Pro 2020

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks guys. There have been some decent names dropped this season. I imagine a big name won't be dropped. And for sure if one was dropped one of the other 3 would jump on it. Thanks for the advice guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys. There have been some decent names dropped this season. I imagine a big name won't be dropped. And for sure if one was dropped one of the other 3 would jump on it. Thanks for the advice guys.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Well I appreciate the help guys. Figured I'd keep ya posted on what happened. One of the guys ahead of me on the wire snagged him. On the bright side I love to 3rd in the waiver order.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I appreciate the help guys. Figured I'd keep ya posted on what happened. One of the guys ahead of me on the wire snagged him. On the bright side I love to 3rd in the waiver order.