Thread: Goalie upgrade

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Goalie upgrade

In 1st going for the win this year. I need goaltending help for the playoffs as most of the top teams have 2 solidified goalies. Been offered this by one of the last place teams (10/14)

His Rinne + 4th rounder

My Greiss + 2nd rounder

It's tough to give up my 2nd which will probably be like the 27-28th pick,but I feel to upgrade my goaltending this year it's needed

Keep 4 + 2 prospect league. 14 team H2H Yahoo
    G,A,PPP,SOG,FOW,BLKS,HITS,W,GAA,SAVES
    10 Team H2H Keep 3 + 2 Rookie (under 82GP)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOWS, W, SAVES, SV%, GAA

C: ​Bedard (rookie), Crosby, Thomas

LW: B.Tkachuk, Forsberg, Debrincat (RW)

RW: Pastrnak, Miller (C), Pavelski (C)

D: Dobson, Seider, Pietrangelo, Chabot

G: Shesterkin, Demko, Talbot

NA: Levi

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Goalie upgrade

That's essentially a 1.5 round pick downgrade, which isn't much, but Rinne may not be a big upgrade on Greiss, depending on what happens with the Isles crease and how they play under Weight.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

I have the same thought. Rinne for Griess seems like a lateral move, and not enough to justify dropping down the draft board by moving your 2nd for his 4th.
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Pro

I agree. Rinne is probably not an upgrade to Greiss. He is too up and down. I also think he will be sharing time with Joos. Greiss owns the crease in New York.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yes, I agree with the above... I think Rinne's name value has been way more than his real value for now the 2nd season. Its uncertain what happens with Greiss going forward now that Capuano has been fired ... I think you have to see what happens with that situation before you make any trade. I had Rinne last season and was very underwhelmed with his performance, I got rid of him and am happy I did so. Rinne for Greiss seems lateral now and you're losing the pick here. The Isles have actually been playing decent for a couple weeks now... but no telling that will last.

I've seen some speculation that with Weight in charge from the front office, the Isles may just tank (I think this was an ESPN article and I don't think that source means much)... if that happens, Greiss will be worth much of anything - Other manager would probably still take the trade though as it seems like he wants the pick more than Greiss.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I agree with the above... I think Rinne's name value has been way more than his real value for now the 2nd season. Its uncertain what happens with Greiss going forward now that Capuano has been fired ... I think you have to see what happens with that situation before you make any trade. I had Rinne last season and was very underwhelmed with his performance, I got rid of him and am happy I did so. Rinne for Greiss seems lateral now and you're losing the pick here. The Isles have actually been playing decent for a couple weeks now... but no telling that will last.

I've seen some speculation that with Weight in charge from the front office, the Isles may just tank (I think this was an ESPN article and I don't think that source means much)... if that happens, Greiss will be worth much of anything - Other manager would probably still take the trade though as it seems like he wants the pick more than Greiss.
    League: H2H - Keep 15
    Managers: 12
    Rosters: 25 (4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN)

Scoring Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, BLK, HIT, W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

Projected Keepers in Bold (Rebuild)
    C: Bedard, Cozens, Zegras, Lundell, B. Hayton, A. Cirelli, JG Pageau
    LW: Svechnikov, Raymond, Byfield, Laine, D. Voronkov, A. Henrique
    RW: Caufield, Jarvis, Perfetti, Marchenko, J. Quinn, K. Kakko
    D: Seider, Bouchard, L. Hughes, Sanderson, Korchinski, Romanov
    G: Demko, Kochetkov, Thompson, Askarov

Championships: 2016, 2018, 2019