Thread: Jeckll? Hyde? Or somewhere in between?

The Great One

Default Jeckll? Hyde? Or somewhere in between?

http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-h...blake-wheeler/

That's the question Cage Match looks to answer this week when covering Nick Foligno (who's on pace for his second 70+ point season in the last three but had dipped all the way down to the 30s last season) and Blake Wheeler (who had posted 61+ points in each of his full seasons with Atlanta/Winnipeg before jumping to 78 last year). What can we expect from these players this season, and beyond? Will they be Jeckylls, and disappoint, or Hydes, and produce well, or will they give poolies something in between?

Certainly if you own either player the stakes are high, and could help tilt the scales toward deciding whether to buy, hold, or sell. Give the column a read and share your thoughts. Are you a believer in Foligno? Can he be a perennially excellent fantasy asset, or will he continue to frustrate poolies with up and down production years? Was Wheeler's 2015-16 a fluke, or can he top 70+ points again? Is there room for him to succeed at the same level given the emergence of Mark Scheifele as arguably the top dog in Winnipeg?

Let's hear what you think, particularly if you own either player.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Jeckll? Hyde? Or somewhere in between?

Always love your articles and agree with most. I just can't see Foligno being a 70pt guy with any consistancy

Give me the guy with:

- 6x 61pt+ seasons in a row vs 1.5x 61pt seasons
    - a much higher shot rate
    - better potential linemates.

- - - Updated - - -

Always love your articles and agree with most. I just can't see Foligno being a 70pt guy with any consistancy

Give me the guy with:

Keeper League - 13 team - Points Only - Keep 6
    Weekly 6F 4D 2G - Skaters = 1G 1A - Goalies = 1.5 W 1 SO SV 0.1 GA-1

FORWARDS : Bozak, Brassard, Johansen, Malkin, McDavid, Rackell, V. Rask, Simmonds, B Schenn, Toews

DEFENCE :Faulk, Keith, Letang, Provorov, Shattenkirk

GOALIES : Bernier, Gibson, Hellebuyck, Niemi, Talbot

DRAFT PICKS 2016 : 1,2,3,4,5,5,6,7,8,9,10

The Great One

Default Re: Jeckll? Hyde? Or somewhere in between?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanity686 View Post

Give me the guy with:

I appreciate the comment, and I hear where you're coming from. But are you saying that nothing in the column made you even a bit more of a believer in Foligno? I have no rooting interest in the outcome, but I will say that I was surprised at the number of factors which support the idea that even if Foligno might not be a consistent 70+ point guy, he probably won't be much worse than that.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/