Thread: Need help making an Offer FOR Werenski!!!!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Need help making an Offer FOR Werenski!!!!

Hey guys. Need help constructing a trade for Zach Werenski. Super thin on Defensive Depth and need some real help. The Werenski owner also has Jones which could be A LITTLE cheaper but I really want Werenski and am willing to pay I guess lol Werenski Owner team is D-heavy and stacked :/
    [LITTLE background info- I have been in a rebuild the last like 4 years. Been stocking up on 1st round draft picks its been a slow process -__- ]

Werenski owner also interested in: Buchnevich (Werenski owner interested in him being in the trade), Trochek, Little, or Simmonds

I offered: Buchnevich, Niskanen, and a 2017 round pick which he rejected saying he wasnt interested in Niskanen

ALSO- huge stress on youth and picks in this dynasty league

-MY- Main Team:

F: Giroux, Stamkos, Pacioretty, Matthews, Nash, Turris, Oshie, Little, D. Sedin, Simmonds, Marchand, Anisimov, Backlund, Skinner, Zuccarello, Trocheck, Spezza, Ehlers,
    D: Keith, Ekblad, Ristolainen, M. Green, R. Ellis, Niskanen, Holden, Brodie
    G: Bobrovsky, Rinne, Elliot

Minor Team:

F: Rantanen, N. Ritchie, Bjorkstrand, C. Keller, Nyquist, Stastny, RNH, F. Vatrano, Buchnevich, M. Johansson, Marchessault, Nikita Scherbak, Killorn,
    S. Reinhart, Eriksson Ek, Svechnikov
    D: Larsson, Theodore, Pulock, Severson, Jake Bean, Goligoski, E. Johnson*
    G: C. Anderson, S. Varlamov

-----------
    12 Team H2H Dynasty League
    Scoring Cats: G, A, PTS, +/-, TOI, HITS, BLKS, STP, W, L, SV, SO, GAA, SV%, GW%
    -----------

WERENSKI OWNER TEAM:

F: Tarasenko, Wennberg, Okposo, Eichel, Toews, MacKinnon, Rask, Nylander, Ryan, Bennett, Landeskog, Bergeron, Backstrom, Eberle, Maroon
    D: Hedman, S. Jones, Faulk, Barrie, Pietrangelo, Dumba, Werenski, Vlasic
    G: Rask, Allen, Mrazek

Minor Team:

F: Puljujarvi, Strome, Tuch, Duclair, Galchenyuk, Thornton, Aho, Palmieri, Zucker, Larkin, Hertl
    D: Sergachev, Martinez, Gardiner, Matheson, Stecher, Gostisbehere, Beaulieu, Myers, Hamonic, Boychuk, Schmaltz, Montour
    G: Saros, Murray, Greiss

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Need help making an Offer FOR Werenski!!!!

To me it almost looks as though Niskanen is a negative on the deal in the other owner's eyes. Just start with Buch and the pick, then see what he says.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yea he rejected the Niskanen deal.

Dobber Sports Titan

I think your biggest problem is only having eyes for one guy. When you're building a team, you have to have positions and areas to improve. Getting stuck overpaying for a specific player that becomes a pursuit for no specific reason is how managers get set back.
    Let the league know you're looking for a defenceman that can help you out, and what you're willing to part with for it, and then see what offers come to you.

- - - Updated - - -

I think your biggest problem is only having eyes for one guy. When you're building a team, you have to have positions and areas to improve. Getting stuck overpaying for a specific player that becomes a pursuit for no specific reason is how managers get set back.
    Let the league know you're looking for a defenceman that can help you out, and what you're willing to part with for it, and then see what offers come to you.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yea I thought about that too. But hed keep offering me players that I had no interest in paying for like Gardiner or Martinez. Who else do you think I could target that would help in my rebuild?

I lost Faulk in another trade earlier last year. What kind of offer could you help me out with for Barrie or Pietrangelo?

- - - Updated - - -

Yea I thought about that too. But hed keep offering me players that I had no interest in paying for like Gardiner or Martinez. Who else do you think I could target that would help in my rebuild?

I lost Faulk in another trade earlier last year. What kind of offer could you help me out with for Barrie or Pietrangelo?

The Great One

Agree with EB's most recent response... Have to wonder in a guy like Ghost or Parayoko who both have appeal for next season, maybe even a guy like Theodore

personally I think Trochek remains relievant with no Barkov so maybe this is the time to sell him and a deal involving Werenski may make sense based on your needs

- - - Updated - - -

Agree with EB's most recent response... Have to wonder in a guy like Ghost or Parayoko who both have appeal for next season, maybe even a guy like Theodore

personally I think Trochek remains relievant with no Barkov so maybe this is the time to sell him and a deal involving Werenski may make sense based on your needs
    Experience is the teacher of all things.