Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zibanejad (I'll Rep)

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Zibanejad (I'll Rep)

I've been weighing some different possibilities, in terms of buying a rental.

The deals I've been considering are:

a 3rd for Wheeler
    a 4th for Simmonds or JVR
    a 6th for Zibanejad

Given my roster, and position in the standings (2nd), but distance from leader (-157.5 pts) and distance from 5th place (+41.5 pts) - top 4 win money, how would you rank these deals in terms of best to worst??

Just trying to decide what to do. A 6th seems pretty cheap for Zibanejad, but he's coming off of a broken leg, and I don't know how sustainable his pace from before the injury is. Wheeler, Simmonds and JVR I suspect will also produce fairly similarly for the rest of the year. I'll be dropping Stasny if I acquire anyone, and when I have to activate Hubes/Domi, further decisions will be needed. I'll probably end up dropping Provorov, and moving Aho to my rookie slot (Provorov is there now). I have Hedman/Yandle, so not starting Provorov over them. I'll then have to decide the other guy to drop. The options are Hornqvist, Reinhart, guys like that, but I think they are worthy of a roster spot, and I don't want to make a lateral move and lose a pick either..
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Zibanejad (I'll Rep)

I just want to add that the other gm and myself were talking Huberdeau previously, and then today he came up and the other gm compared Zib to Huberdeau, and then he offered a high 5th for him. What I was thinking is, I'm losing Hubes after the year, plus he's not back until early-mar, so no guarantee he'll do much coming off of a significant injury, so get back what I paid for him originally/use 1 of my extra picks (I'll pick 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6, 7 if I do this trade) to grab a rental that's already in mid-season form (ie: one of the guys I mentioned). In the end, it would work out to downgrading a pick (1 or 2 rounds at most), but upgrading in terms of my active roster. Not too mention 2 of the fifth rounders will be early in the round (1 team is in 12th and the other in 13th - 14 team league), and we're switching to straight draft.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Titan

I still would go with Simmonds for the 4th.

- - - Updated - - -

Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post

- - - Updated - - -

And would you be able to touch on why you would do that? I just look at his numbers recently, and they seem pretty mediocre. JVR has best points per game avg of the 3, and gets to play with Marner. Also, any thoughts on my thinking regarding Hubes?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

And by 3, I'm referring to JVR, Simmonds and Wheeleer. I left Zibanejad out because his points per game average is better, but he's only played 19 games!

- - - Updated - - -

Wheeler sorry!

- - - Updated - - -

Wheeler sorry!
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Initiate

1st) I would personally go with JVR... Toronto has only played 41 games giving him another 41 to play. Winnipeg has played 48 games and Philly 46. This gives JVR a 5 game, and 7 game advantage over these players.

2nd) Next I like Simmonds, he has the most favorable lineup as EB has mentioned skating with Giroux and Raffl on the Philly top line and PP unit... He's definitely going to score and score more on the PP - As EB has mentioned, these factors make him probably the best bet with all else being equal... however, its not all equal w/ JVR's 5 games in hand...

3rd) Wheeler, and I only place him 3rd because of the significant 6 games he's already played over JVR.

It's really anyone's bet on who of these 3 perform the best for the rest of the year... but I expect Toronto to only be getting better as their rookies gain more experience and they make a push for the playoffs. You know Babcock will have the Leafs running at their full potential.

Anyways, thats my 2 cents...
    League: H2H - Keep 15
    Managers: 12
    Rosters: 25 (4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN)

Scoring Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, BLK, HIT, W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

Projected Keepers in Bold (Rebuild)
    C: Bedard, Cozens, Zegras, Lundell, B. Hayton, A. Cirelli, JG Pageau
    LW: Svechnikov, Raymond, Byfield, Laine, D. Voronkov, A. Henrique
    RW: Caufield, Jarvis, Perfetti, Marchenko, J. Quinn, K. Kakko
    D: Seider, Bouchard, L. Hughes, Sanderson, Korchinski, Romanov
    G: Demko, Kochetkov, Thompson, Askarov

Championships: 2016, 2018, 2019

Dobber Sports Titan

Simmonds and Wheeler are the top options. JVR has been good, but it really isn't expected for him to keep it up in the second half.
    Wheeler and Simmonds are close enough that the cost makes a difference. Simmonds being cheaper, he then becomes the top choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Simmonds and Wheeler are the top options. JVR has been good, but it really isn't expected for him to keep it up in the second half.
    Wheeler and Simmonds are close enough that the cost makes a difference. Simmonds being cheaper, he then becomes the top choice.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

I will go with the Ziban offer for the following reasons.

NY has 3 right handed shots on the team.

Stepan
    Ziban
    Fast

Z is going to get high quality ice time and very nice looks at the open net down the stretch. He was getting those one timers into the net early on the season, then started firing wide, passing up good shooting opportunities and then was hurt.

I think he leads NY in scoring down the stretch.

The Simmonds/JVR is 2nd for me. Simmonds over JVR just due to an injury hedge.

Wheeler is ranked 3rd just because I don't see him surprising to the upside.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

I personally like the Simmonds option as well.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Pro

I guess with Simmonds, I'm just worried about his recent slow-down. Only 6 points in his past 15 games, and a -8 in his past 4. Wheeler is more steady, but doesn't seem to have the goal upside. Is Simmonds going to be an improvement over say Hornqvist? My definite guys I'll continue to start are: MacK, Coyle, Kuzy, Hall, MacK, Oshie, so i'm looking for a 7th guy basically that's stronger than who is on the bench (Eberle included). Eberle might prove to be better in the long-run, but he's having bad luck in the goals department this year, plus he's signed for 1 more year, so I have options with him in terms of if I decide to ride it out with him, or cut bait via buy-out or trade. Doesn't hurt to play him in certain match-ups (ie last night), and bench him in others, but obviously he's more of a threat when with McDavid.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess with Simmonds, I'm just worried about his recent slow-down. Only 6 points in his past 15 games, and a -8 in his past 4. Wheeler is more steady, but doesn't seem to have the goal upside. Is Simmonds going to be an improvement over say Hornqvist? My definite guys I'll continue to start are: MacK, Coyle, Kuzy, Hall, MacK, Oshie, so i'm looking for a 7th guy basically that's stronger than who is on the bench (Eberle included). Eberle might prove to be better in the long-run, but he's having bad luck in the goals department this year, plus he's signed for 1 more year, so I have options with him in terms of if I decide to ride it out with him, or cut bait via buy-out or trade. Doesn't hurt to play him in certain match-ups (ie last night), and bench him in others, but obviously he's more of a threat when with McDavid.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Padawan

Based on your league scoring, I am tempted to choose Simmonds: the only way to get pts in your league, besides G & A, are special team points. And you need to play on the PP & PK to have a shot at those. Simmonds does everything and is as solid as a rock.

I think I would go with Z-bad. He is much cheaper and I think come end of season, he and Simmonds will only be apart by a few points (G&A through the second half). Simmonds will get more points in your scoring system though, so it comes down to how bad do you want to win, how much will you pay?
    You won't be keeping either, so based on sustainability of your team, I choose Zbad.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MasterByte View Post
    Based on your league scoring, I am tempted to choose Simmonds: the only way to get pts in your league, besides G & A, are special team points. And you need to play on the PP & PK to have a shot at those. Simmonds does everything and is as solid as a rock.

I think I would go with Z-bad. He is much cheaper and I think come end of season, he and Simmonds will only be apart by a few points (G&A through the second half). Simmonds will get more points in your scoring system though, so it comes down to how bad do you want to win, how much will you pay?
    You won't be keeping either, so based on sustainability of your team, I choose Zbad.
    True, I mean the only things that concern me regarding Z-bad are that he's more or less like Huberdeau, except coming back a bit earlier. In other words, coming off of a major injury, and on top of that yeah, he had a good start to the year, but he's never gone over 51 pts in a season. If I move a 4th, I still have 2 picks in the fifth round, so i'll pick 1, 2, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. Also, my 3rd is late in the round and one of my fifths will be early, so won't be a huge gap there. I got the 4th when I moved Pasta. It was Pasta for Eberle, a 4th and Aho. What about if I'm able to get Simmonds for a 5th?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Banned

i'd go with Wheeler or Simmonds. I don't see Zibanejad scoring any more than a 50 point pace. He was scoring more than expected before being hurt, as he had way more assists than normal. Wheeler had 78 points last year and is on pace for 62. He should have a big second half.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    i'd go with Wheeler or Simmonds. I don't see Zibanejad scoring any more than a 50 point pace. He was scoring more than expected before being hurt, as he had way more assists than normal. Wheeler had 78 points last year and is on pace for 62. He should have a big second half.
    So Wheeler for a 3rd, or just go with Simmonds for a 4th? Simmonds has been less consistent lately, but he's playing with Giroux now/still on 1st pp. I could get JVR for a 4th?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Veteran

As has been said, Simmonds does it all. Like everyone else he will have peaks and valleys. Paired with a Giroux at even strength and power play gives him the edge in my opinion. Plus I would rather move a 4th than a 3rd. I don't see the upside in giving up the lower pick for Wheeler over the higher pick for Simmonds. Just my two cents.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Strome, Haula
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Svechnikov-RW/LW, Hathaway
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Benoit, Schneider, Burroughs
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White