Thread: Vanek

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Vanek

So while most people thought that Vanek's fast start would dissipate, he seems to be chugging along at an almost PPG pace. I am rebuilding in a 12-team league with G, A, PPP, SOG, +/-, PIM so I definitely want to move him for prospects/picks. What kind of return would you ask for? How good of a prospect would you want in return?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Vanek

the answer is a subjective one. I know some teams probably will scoff at Vanek just because of his name. Whereas some owners will see the current value in him for a playoff run. The bonus with him is he hits both wing positions and PPP's. Two keys in moving a player. I would think if you can get a Meier/Eriksson Ek type player, maybe even an A. Nylander/Jost from the right motivated owner. I would rule out the Puljujarvi/Dubois prospects.

I would think Meier-esque would be a decent prospect return for him. Otherwise, you could also look at underperforming players that are a year or two removed from their draft year and not hitting expectations - Bennett, Duclair, Larkin.

There's also the outside chance you can get two owners bidding on him and get a higher return. I just wouldn't expect it.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

It is funny that you mention A. Nylander because that is exactly who I was asking about! The way I see it is Vanek has been a consistent 65pt player because I am disregarding his Minnesota days since he obviously did not fit in there. That is worth quite a bit IMHO.

Dobber Sports Titan

I like Luca's answer. Really depends on the league and everything, but if you can grab someone like Bennett for him, that would be a great play.

- - - Updated - - -

I like Luca's answer. Really depends on the league and everything, but if you can grab someone like Bennett for him, that would be a great play.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Shop him and see... Whenever I want the best return I basically e mail every owner to ensure I get it
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I have been trying to shop all of my veterans but with no luck. I guess I really wanted to make sure that I am not crazy to think that A. Nylander is not a crazy price to ask for Vanek.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been trying to shop all of my veterans but with no luck. I guess I really wanted to make sure that I am not crazy to think that A. Nylander is not a crazy price to ask for Vanek.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by RangerFan View Post
    You are correct, but Vanek's reputation precedes his actual production in peoples minds. Young is where the NHL is going, you have to find an owner with the right attitude, ready to see the value clearly being offered by some of the older players.