Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What to do with Jake Allen?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: What to do with Jake Allen?

I too would not move Hellebuyck for him but he is a goalie that has the skillset to bounce back. His owners may be fed up with him as he has been inconsistent over the past few seasons as a backup, tandem and starter. He's still fairly young though so I would not give up on him just yet.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Deity

I thought I'd revive this thread since Yeo has taken over.

Has Allen turned the corner with the new coaching system?

- - - Updated - - -

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

I was glad Yeo took over, I always liked what he did back in Minnesota with his goalies and how he keeps the number of shots against down. Remember Josh Harding? And how old Dubnyk become today's Dubnyk? I'm liking what I see so far, but I'll wait for the new coach effect to wear out before jumping to conclusions.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Padawan

I wasn't seeing Allen's slump than anything else than .. well.. a slump... the guy's got a newborn, he didn't sleep, case closed
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by masterjeff View Post
    I wasn't seeing Allen's slump than anything else than .. well.. a slump... the guy's got a newborn, he didn't sleep, case closed
    Did he take it on the road with him too?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Had this update on Fantrax;
    Allen's improvement in net coincides with scheme changes on defense implemented by new coach Mike Yeo, Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.
    Analysis: The Blues had employed a zone scheme in previous seasons, but this season former coach Ken Hitchcock moved to man-to-man. While man-to-man can be a successful scheme for teams, for St. Louis, it created a lot of odd-man rushes and wide open shots. Since going zone and creating "layers" of defense, the Blues have allowed just 1.3 goals per game over six games (5-1). So, as fantasy owners reconsider Allen and wonder if his resurgence is the result of some immeasurable factor like a change in coaches, you can point to changes in front of the goalie that are fueling the improved play.
    Not sure why Hitch would've changed things up like that. It's apparent though that the team has done a 180 since Yeo took full control. It may be just a temporary boost but this feels closer to the team the Blues should be so even if there is a slight regression back I wouldn't expect anything close to the stink-fest they were producing earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

Had this update on Fantrax;
    Allen's improvement in net coincides with scheme changes on defense implemented by new coach Mike Yeo, Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.
    Analysis: The Blues had employed a zone scheme in previous seasons, but this season former coach Ken Hitchcock moved to man-to-man. While man-to-man can be a successful scheme for teams, for St. Louis, it created a lot of odd-man rushes and wide open shots. Since going zone and creating "layers" of defense, the Blues have allowed just 1.3 goals per game over six games (5-1). So, as fantasy owners reconsider Allen and wonder if his resurgence is the result of some immeasurable factor like a change in coaches, you can point to changes in front of the goalie that are fueling the improved play.
    Not sure why Hitch would've changed things up like that. It's apparent though that the team has done a 180 since Yeo took full control. It may be just a temporary boost but this feels closer to the team the Blues should be so even if there is a slight regression back I wouldn't expect anything close to the stink-fest they were producing earlier.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Padawan

Interesting read ill take it lol

Dobber Sports Veteran

Allen went insane and was the reason I lost in h2h last week

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I am making a play to get Allen. Have you seen how many times STL plays COl and ARZ in the final weeks, they will be feasting on the teams who already are in off season mode. Arizona has nothing to play for. They are tanking and everyone knows it and Colorado is a hot mess with nothing to play for either. STL gets them over and over again in the final month!
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

The Great One

Opportunity to buy maybe shut TBH as there is enough reasons for current owners to believe in what has happened

side note - the article about the defensive system changes is really interesting and worth looking for when watching the Blues but it does make me laugh the number of 'reasons' he is now warming up. Over the last few days I have seen it credited to the coaching change and Yeo being better with the man management side, system changes, Martin Brodeur stepping in as goalie coach and a kids letter to him. All interesting stories, all probably did contribute in a little way but boy we like to find a spin on everything lol
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ya I tried to trade Gibson + for Allen + but the guy wouldnt budge... he has done a single trade this season though...
    16 team HTH Pts, Daily Lineups, 22 man roster, Keep 16 (no cap)
    - Roster requirements: 9F, 5D, 1 F/D, 2 Goalie max.
    G = 3, Hatty = 3, PPP = 1, A = 2, SOG = 0.2/shot, PIM = 0.2, FOW = 0.1 hits = 0.2, BLKs = 0.2, Minutes (for D only) = 0.05/min

Goalie: W = 5, Shoutout = 3, Game start = 2, Save = 0.1, GA = -1

My Team
    F: Stamkos, Rakell, Hayes, Keller, Stone, Palmieri, Labanc, Nino, Zucker, Schwartz, Ferland, Vrana, Forsberg, Backlund

D: Subban, Miller, Werenksi, Orlov, Matheson

Goalie: Murray, Mrazek

IR: Fabbri

The Great One

I'd be pretty happy keeping Gibson right now
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I also have Allen in two of my three leagues. And I've dropped him in both. Now that the coaching change happened and given his recent performances....I picked him back up. Lol. IMO I can see him turning it around.
    Keeper Pool 1

6 Person keepe league H2H
    5 Keepers
    1pt G&A for F&D
    extra pt for PPP
    extra pt for GWG
    2pts Goalie Win
    3 extra pts for Goalie SO
    START 12F 6D 2G

KEEPERS
    Tarasenko- Gaudreau- Karlsson- Eichel- Laine

Keeper Pool 2