Thread: Trade for Letang for the playoffs?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trade for Letang for the playoffs?

I have been offered a deal for the second team in my signature....

I get Letang (34)/Muzzin (11)/ Arvidsson (2)
    I send Green (23)/Couture (27)/ Keller (2)/ Ho-Sang (2)

I can ride Muzzin until playoffs and hope that Letang is healthy during playoffs. If Letang was a for sure thing I would probably swing this deal, but the uncertainty of him playing scares me. Am I right to decline this offer?
    18T-Roto(13/yr)
    Sal:$1000
    PPG,PPA,G,A,PTS,SOG,PIM,+/-,GAA,S,S%,W
    F-Keller(42)Larkin(70)Zibanejed(102)Dvorak(20)RNH(11 4)Zacha(20)Seguin(20)PKane(220)Trochek(40)
    D-Theodore(20)TSmith(20)Hronek(38)Giordano(82)Lundkv ist(1)
    G-Shesterkin(20)
    R-MAF(20)Meier(29)Backstrom(1)Krebs(1)Radulov(75)Per unovich(1)
    16T-H2H(16/yr)
    Sal:$300
    A5 G5 DG5 GWG10 PIM1 PPP5 SHOG5 SOG1
    GA-5 L-7 S1 W10
    C-Barkov(65)Kuznetsov(15)Petterssen(8)
    LW-Ehlers(27)Panarin(27)Raymond(1)
    RW-Konecny(9)Hoffman(14)Kempe(1)
    D-Werenski(17)Klinger(46)Girard(8)TSmith(1)Yandle(22 )
    G-Saros(6)
    R-Turcotte(1)Holtz(1)Bean(1)Norris(5)Comtois(5)Roman ov(5)Addison(1)WEklund(1)

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Trade for Letang for the playoffs?

Though call, especially considering Keller is in the mix. The way I see it, it's Couture and Keller vs Letang. If Muzzin or Green turn things around, that'll be that. ho-Sang is irrelevant IMO and Ardvisson is playing above his potential output (but that's a bonus for you nonethless).

I would probably try to get Keller out (with the possibility of him removing Arvidsson which I would be OK with) but as it stands, you probably won't get a better offer to land Letang.

- - - Updated - - -

Though call, especially considering Keller is in the mix. The way I see it, it's Couture and Keller vs Letang. If Muzzin or Green turn things around, that'll be that. ho-Sang is irrelevant IMO and Ardvisson is playing above his potential output (but that's a bonus for you nonethless).

I would probably try to get Keller out (with the possibility of him removing Arvidsson which I would be OK with) but as it stands, you probably won't get a better offer to land Letang.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Thanks Bass, that's the way I was feeling as well, but I'm not sure the deal flies without Keller in the deal!
    18T-Roto(13/yr)
    F-Keller(42)Larkin(70)Zibanejed(102)Dvorak(20)RNH(11 4)Zacha(20)Seguin(20)PKane(220)Trochek(40)
    G-Shesterkin(20)
    16T-H2H(16/yr)
    GA-5 L-7 S1 W10
    G-Saros(6)

Dobber Sports Titan

I would get it done. Letang is worth the risk of having on your roster, and Muzzin is turning a corner too.

- - - Updated - - -

I would get it done. Letang is worth the risk of having on your roster, and Muzzin is turning a corner too.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

I don't like it.

If your D was weak I'd see an argument for getting it done but that just isn't the case. Your D is more than strong enough as is.

Letang is a bandaid. He was just put on the IR again. And even if he is healthy come fantasy playoff time, there is a high chance of PIT resting him along with Sid and Geno in the last week of the season.

The headaches he will cause you are not worth giving up Couture and Keller (who I firmly believe will contend for ROY next season), IMO.

I agree with Bass -
    I would probably try to get Keller out (with the possibility of him removing Arvidsson which I would be OK with)
    You should be able to land Letang for less than the current standing offer.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Well thanks for the input guys, I'm going to have to go mull it over.
    18T-Roto(13/yr)
    G-Shesterkin(20)
    16T-H2H(16/yr)
    GA-5 L-7 S1 W10
    G-Saros(6)

Dobber Sports Padawan

We often look at players' paces to determine their rest of season performance, or what they may produce during the fantasy playoffs.
    Letang is a coin flip as to whether or not he plays in any given game. (50%)

Letang's current pace is 0.77pts/game, which is a bit under his usual. Lets pro-rate this up to 0.85/game.

So for a given game you play him, you could say he has a 85% chance to score you a point.
    Add in the HIGH chance of injury and you get 0.5 * 0.85 = ~ 42% chance.... would you want to be relying on such a low chance/pace during your playoffs?
    Obviously I have simplified many of these numbers. I have not factored in the alternative players' chance of injury, and I have simply made up Letangs injury chance. You get the idea though I hope.

It looks like the trade helps you cap-wise, so it may be worth it for you. That's how I break down the reliability of the player though, and in H2H with playoffs I avoid those type of Band-Aid boys like the plague.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It's not a 0.42 PPG pace, though. You need to also factor in a replacement if he is known to be out. I'd make the deal, for a few reasons.

1. Better use of defensive cap room than Green. Letang at that price has a bunch of value and you can likely cash him in the offseason for a forward.

2. Letang's elite production when healthy. You have enough depth that you don't need to deal Letang, and can simply bring up another good defenseman to fill in if needed.

3. Nice extra pieces. Muzzin is coming around, and could be the guy you flip to then restock elsewhere. Arvidsson seems like he's going to be more than the very buried Ho-Sang, the Isles have 12 veteran forwards under contract for next year.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.