Thread: Who's the best upgrade of these available players?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Who's the best upgrade of these available players?

Hey guys. Was thinking about using my last transaction and upgrading a F position so I have plenty of depth for the last half so I can hang onto/stretch my lead. Top guys available are Atkinson, Coyle, Kreider, Foligno, Backlund, Silfverberg, Maroon(?!), Horvat.

I figure I will be dropping Marchessault since his production will be limited soon. The top D available is Schultz, but I was not convinced it would make as much of an impact as a F although I have thought about it.

The other option is to stand pat and hang onto the transaction, but there are some nice options out there as you can see.

Scoring cat's are in sig.

Thanks!

7 Teams, points only, roster 30 w/ up to 4 'prospect' spots, keep 12
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 2 Teams - G/A/GWG = 1 pt., Hat Trick = 5 pts.
    Teams - Win = 2 pts., Loss = -1 pt., SO = 5 pts.
    Up to 3 waiver pickups/yr. (2 remaining)

F: Matthews, Marner, Scheifele, Kuznetsov, Pastrnak, Gaudreau, Panarin, Mantha, Schenn, Schwartz, Lindholm, Arvidsson, Johnsson, Connor, Svechnikov, Miller
    (P) J. Hughes, Lafreniere
    D:
    Burns, Pietrangelo, Klefbom, Trouba, OEL, Gustafsson, Schultz, Gostisbehere
    (P) Theodore
    T: Vegas, Colorado, Calgary

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Who's the best upgrade of these available players?

Hey kgray! Welcome to the forums!!

I'd grab Atkinson if someone hasn't done so already - he is having himself an absolutely incredible breakout year and, as big of a season as Schultz is having, I like your D corps enough to leave it alone, for now and shore up your forward corps.

Good luck and don't be a stranger around here!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey kgray! Welcome to the forums!!

I'd grab Atkinson if someone hasn't done so already - he is having himself an absolutely incredible breakout year and, as big of a season as Schultz is having, I like your D corps enough to leave it alone, for now and shore up your forward corps.

Good luck and don't be a stranger around here!
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would grab Atkinson as well. What about dropping Gallagher? I would drop him before March.

- - - Updated - - -

I would grab Atkinson as well. What about dropping Gallagher? I would drop him before March.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The only hesitation in dropping Gallagher is for playoffs but I suppose since it is only keep 8, he should not factor in at all.

Thanks guys.

F: Matthews, Marner, Scheifele, Kuznetsov, Pastrnak, Gaudreau, Panarin, Mantha, Schenn, Schwartz, Lindholm, Arvidsson, Johnsson, Connor, Svechnikov, Miller
    D:
    (P) Theodore

The Great One

I would go Atkinson but depends what that lead is as I would be loathe to burn my last move with approx 11-12 weeks left of the season, on the other hand will you even get a chance to use it on an upgrade if Atkinson isn't there in 6 weeks time...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am currently up more than 50 points on 2nd and about 120 points to 3rd (the $ bubble), so I am on cruise control right now. Judging from the past year-and-a-half track record it seems most GM's are not paying attention to the waiver wire so there is a small chance Atkinson sits there for a while yet before being snapped up.

I can also see the logic to hanging on for now to protect against D injuries (hoping Josi is not out long term). Worst-case scenario and my D looks fine by the trade deadline I can always use my last transaction to grab one of the other best F options, or who knows maybe even Atkinson.

I am sort of talking (typing...?) my way through this as I go here and welcome any other thoughts/suggestions if there are any.

Thanks again.

D:
    (P) Theodore

Dobber Sports Giant

I'm not even reading the other posts or the full details of your thread as I'm scarred my response won't reach you in time...

PICK UP ATKINSON ASAP!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not even reading the other posts or the full details of your thread as I'm scarred my response won't reach you in time...

PICK UP ATKINSON ASAP!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Padawan

Atkinson is clearly the best player there, but his SH% is quite high on the season so far. I think by the time all things are said and done that he will have a similar amount of points second half to Kreider and Coyle... maybe even Foligno.

Because your league is points only, stick to the most skilled player with Atkinson.

- - - Updated - - -

Atkinson is clearly the best player there, but his SH% is quite high on the season so far. I think by the time all things are said and done that he will have a similar amount of points second half to Kreider and Coyle... maybe even Foligno.

Because your league is points only, stick to the most skilled player with Atkinson.