Thread: Speculation: Eberle for Hamonic+

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Speculation: Eberle for Hamonic+

I have felt like the Oilers have been gearing up to trade Eberle for a while now. The handling of Puljujarvi just does not make any sense, and Eberle is being underutilized. The Eberle/McDavid combo has never come into fruition and the oilers have needs to fill. This clears the way for Puljujarvi, who has not been bad with the puck and could be thought to have spent the first 30 games learning the Oiler's systems (I can't think of another reason they wouldn't of let him attend the WJC). The move also opens up CAP space for all the new signings they will need to get done in the next 2 years, including max term for McJesus.

Hamonic was requesting a trade to Western Canada last year before rescinded in May 2016. The Islanders need a talented winger to play with Tavares and add to the Islanders depth, or Johnny T may not be so willing to resign in Long Island before summer 2018.

This just seems like an obvious fit to me. Perhaps the + would be a prospect. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Speculation: Eberle for Hamonic+

Recent history says the Oilers will have to give the +
    D are more valuable then wingers everyday, and Hamonic has the better contract.

The Eberle Mcdavid combo were great last year, didnt click this year cause Eberle has a curse on him, its likely some sort of 17th century witchcraft, I reckon many animals were sacrificed judging by the power of the curse hovering over Eberle right now. His trade value is at an all-time low, if he was worth a dman like Hamonic then he would have been the 1 traded for A.Larsson in the summer.

ps. As for Puljujarvi and the WJC, thats been covered to death in the Puljujarvi thread. I promise you Puljujarvi wasnt bitter about not going to his 3rd WJC.

- - - Updated - - -

Recent history says the Oilers will have to give the +
    D are more valuable then wingers everyday, and Hamonic has the better contract.

The Eberle Mcdavid combo were great last year, didnt click this year cause Eberle has a curse on him, its likely some sort of 17th century witchcraft, I reckon many animals were sacrificed judging by the power of the curse hovering over Eberle right now. His trade value is at an all-time low, if he was worth a dman like Hamonic then he would have been the 1 traded for A.Larsson in the summer.

ps. As for Puljujarvi and the WJC, thats been covered to death in the Puljujarvi thread. I promise you Puljujarvi wasnt bitter about not going to his 3rd WJC.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Monster

Dont see the Islanders adding onto Hamonic for Eberle

Dobber Sports Deity

I had to look to see if this was an old thread being revived. Nope.

I don't see the Islanders dealing Hamonic. He rescinded his trade request and the Islanders are happy he did.

Never say never, but I just don't see any thing here. Besides, the Oilers already got their Hamonic back in the off-season; Adam Larsson. Basically the same player.

Now I can see them possibly offering Eberle to Colorado for Barrie because that's more along the lines of what they are lacking, that power play QB from the bluelline.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Eberle and McDavid were good, the same way that anybody and McDavid are good. Yak & McDavid were good. Being good when you are with McDavid doesn't make you worth 6 million if you aren't producing. Eberle is capable of much more than this and is shooting the puck. I have a hard time imaging his linemates being upgraded before he would be shipped out.
    Fair point about Larsson being the same type of player as Hamonic. The Oilers do need a power play QB, although that seems to be what they are hoping Klefbom can step into. Sekera is paving the way for him.

The Islanders need something, there are going to be some acquisitions, or some firings, or both in the next couple months. What are they going to give up? Even if Hammy rescinded the trade, its still a guy who might be conducive to a trade if a situation arose. But I agree it doesn't seem as much a fit as I previously thought.
    Islanders need a Frans Nielsen replacement and/or some more skill on the wing. Islander's trade speculation

The Great One

As Axe said I thought this was an old thread bought back to life... Personally I don't see it as Eberle isn't being utilised like someone who is being shopped but also the aisles have shown an iota of form recently so they won't want to disrupt that right now... At the trade deadline? Maybe

though I agree that the Oil still need that pp quarterback I'm not sold that the Avs will trade Barrie, at least not for a winger, right now

- - - Updated - - -

As Axe said I thought this was an old thread bought back to life... Personally I don't see it as Eberle isn't being utilised like someone who is being shopped but also the aisles have shown an iota of form recently so they won't want to disrupt that right now... At the trade deadline? Maybe

though I agree that the Oil still need that pp quarterback I'm not sold that the Avs will trade Barrie, at least not for a winger, right now
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm with the rest in that this doesn't make sense anymore. Hamonic's issue seems to have resolved itself and he doesn't appear to have any interest in moving anymore, nor do the Isles want to move him.

Not to mention it would be the Oilers having to add the + and not the Islanders.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm with the rest in that this doesn't make sense anymore. Hamonic's issue seems to have resolved itself and he doesn't appear to have any interest in moving anymore, nor do the Isles want to move him.

Not to mention it would be the Oilers having to add the + and not the Islanders.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I had to look to see if this was an old thread being revived. Nope.

I don't see the Islanders dealing Hamonic. He rescinded his trade request and the Islanders are happy he did.

Never say never, but I just don't see any thing here. Besides, the Oilers already got their Hamonic back in the off-season; Adam Larsson. Basically the same player.

Now I can see them possibly offering Eberle to Colorado for Barrie because that's more along the lines of what they are lacking, that power play QB from the bluelline.

This!

My speculative trade is Eberle/Klefbom/1st round pick for Landeskog/Barrie

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don't see the Oilers doing anything with Eberle. His value is crap around the league as far as I can tell. The team is winning games even with he and Nugent-Hopkins having the worst seasons (offensively) of their entire careers right now.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I don't see the Oilers doing anything with Eberle. His value is crap around the league as far as I can tell. The team is winning games even with he and Nugent-Hopkins having the worst seasons (offensively) of their entire careers right now.
    Probably this, at least until expansion shakes out. Once that happens, he'll likely land somewhere. I'm thinking the Pens, flush with former Fleury cash.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Star

It would have happened when Hammer was looking to be moved. I don't see it happening now.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Thomas
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg, Hyman(L/R)
    R-Svechnikov(L/R) Konecny(L/R) P. Kane, Zucc
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi, McAvoy, Montour
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill, Grubauer
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Stud

The Islanders need Travis far more than Eberle which would mean that the Oil would have to pony up more. Additionally NY is in a holding pattern while they determine where they are going to play hockey in the next few seasons. Moving a core defensive player doesn't strike me as a very prudent move. Also considering the price Edmonton sold Hall for I don't think Eberle alone gets er done mate
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.