Thread: Should I hold onto 3 goalies in this league?? (Talbot, Gibson, Murray)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Should I hold onto 3 goalies in this league?? (Talbot, Gibson, Murray)

Hi all,
    Just looking for some opinions here. Do you think it would be wise to continue carrying 3 goalies or should I move one for a skater? My league uses 9 categories for skaters and only 4 for goalies.

My team is contending for a championship. I'm currently in 2nd place of a 12 team H2H league. Also, our league recently turned into a full keeper.

I kept Gibson and Murray from last year, drafted Talbot.

I feel like I'm wasting a skater spot by carrying 3 tenders as the only "counting stat" by league uses is wins. I've dominated wins all year and lost GAA and SV% more than I've won it. shutouts's are a bit of a crapshoot. W: 8-1-3 GAA: 4-8-0 SV%: 6-6-0 SHO: 3-2-7

I'm leading the league in Goals and SOG...results to date as follows...
    Goals: 8-3-1 Assists: 7-3-2 +/-: 7-4-1
    PIMS 7-5-0 PPP 6-3-3 SHP 2-3-7
    SOG 10-2-0 HITS 8-4-0 BLKS 5-6-1

I feel I'm in a good spot long-term as all 3 have bright futures.

I'm thinking of moving Gibson for a skater and would probably have to add a + but I think I could get Panarin or Gaudreau. Or straight up I could get Kopitar.

This is for team 2 in my sig...

Any and all opinions appreciated!
    Stat cats -
    Skaters - G, A,+/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK
    Goalies - W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Should I hold onto 3 goalies in this league?? (Talbot, Gibson, Murray)

Put all three up on the bite, and find a deal that you like, I don't see the point/need in carrying 3 goalies here.

- - - Updated - - -

Put all three up on the bite, and find a deal that you like, I don't see the point/need in carrying 3 goalies here.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Default Re: Should I hold onto 3 goalies in this league?? (Talbot, Gibson, Murray)

Agree with EB - the only caveat being you are probably moving a good netminder that can help someone this year so I would try and only deal with the bottom feeders unless it's a gross over payment

- - - Updated - - -

Agree with EB - the only caveat being you are probably moving a good netminder that can help someone this year so I would try and only deal with the bottom feeders unless it's a gross over payment
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Pro

Tough call, what if one gets hurt? I assume you start two? Daily lineups? I have been struggling with a similar situation all year
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Expert

Personally I like to keep an extra G around for injuries, etc. As an example, I have Anderson in a league where I can't put him on IR because he isn't on IR. If I only had 2 G, I would have been screwed since this league is pretty quick a picking up backups and injury replacements.

You also have to take into consideration that this is a full keeper now. You have three good young goaltenders that will help you for years to come.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I like to keep an extra G around for injuries, etc. As an example, I have Anderson in a league where I can't put him on IR because he isn't on IR. If I only had 2 G, I would have been screwed since this league is pretty quick a picking up backups and injury replacements.

You also have to take into consideration that this is a full keeper now. You have three good young goaltenders that will help you for years to come.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think that having 3 is great insurance, but it depends how many you start whether having 3 helps enough. Also is there a playoff format, or is the championship just record at end of year?

I agree that shopping one for a skater upgrade would be good, especially since it's now full keeper. Take the best deal you get, but try not to help a close rival this year. You want to make sure you are in the playoffs (if any) or not helping another team pass you if not.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I do agree it seems like a waste. What does the FA pool look like for goalies? In case one of yours were to get hurt...

Standard Yahoo 12 team
    G A +/- PPP SOG HIT | W SV% GAA SO

C: Johansen, Duchene, Marchessault
    LW: Ovechkin, B Tkachuk, Parise
    RW: Wheeler, Hoffman, Tuch
    D: Rielly, Edler, Montour, Theodore
    G: Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Raanta
    IR: Subban