Thread: Next Fantasy D-stud in my league

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Next Fantasy D-stud in my league

Hey guys

I?m a big fan of your podcast and already awaiting the next episode. Now to my question. I?m looking for the next Fantasy D-men in our League:
    I play in a 12 team ( 24 players per team) Dynasty League which started this year and there are a lot of young D-men which are still free:
    De-Angelo
    Theodore
    Chabot
    Honka
    Pulock

We play week-to-week and the player categories are G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG, Hits,Blocks.
    Now to my question since I don?t find any possibility to look for hits/blocks-stats for this young players: Which one do you think will be the best scorer? (Chabot was genious at this world-cup but you graded him once only B+) and more important: which one do you think would fill my secondary stats like, pim, hits and blocks?

Thx for the help
    Sam
    12 Team H2H Yahoo Dynasty league 24 Players (4 LW, C, RW, 6 D, 4 Reserve 2 Goalies)
    G, A, FOW, PPP, PIM, Shots, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, GAA, Shots, Save%, Shutout

Plus: Yearly 2 Prospect-Picks, on which you have the rights for 3 years. Maximal 6 prospects overall

C:, Eichel, Pettersson, Bennett, Cates
    RW: Marner, Rantanen, Stephenson, Blais, Coleman, Killorn
    LW: Gaudreau, Panarin, Kaprizov, B. Tkachuck, Guentzel, E. Kane
    D:E-Larrson, Trouba, McAvoy, Dahlin, Ristolainen, Walman, Matheson
    G:Hellebuyck, Sorokin, Saros

IR:
    Forsberg, Kaprizov, Chabot

Prospects (right now not in the Team): Q. Byfield

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Next Fantasy D-stud in my league

Predicting prospect Dmen is almost has hard as predicting prospect goalies.

All of the names you have posted are all highly regarded and all have the skillset to become a stud Dman in the NHL. I am sure there are personal preferences but other than that, all should eventually give you what you are looking for and all have the possibility of being a flop too. Less likely on the flop but trying to separate this group is tough. Everyone but Pulock has a young stud already in front of them within their respective organizations, and most of those studs already in place are young enough that they could pose a problem with these kids becoming "the guy" on their team.

- - - Updated - - -

Predicting prospect Dmen is almost has hard as predicting prospect goalies.

All of the names you have posted are all highly regarded and all have the skillset to become a stud Dman in the NHL. I am sure there are personal preferences but other than that, all should eventually give you what you are looking for and all have the possibility of being a flop too. Less likely on the flop but trying to separate this group is tough. Everyone but Pulock has a young stud already in front of them within their respective organizations, and most of those studs already in place are young enough that they could pose a problem with these kids becoming "the guy" on their team.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Agreed with above, almost all are solid ones to acquire.

The only I would stay away from is DeAngelo....attitude problems already have him traded from one team, and now rumours are surfacing of the same issues in Zona, and if he cant make the Coyotes team as a regular I dont see him getting into other teams top 6.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed with above, almost all are solid ones to acquire.

The only I would stay away from is DeAngelo....attitude problems already have him traded from one team, and now rumours are surfacing of the same issues in Zona, and if he cant make the Coyotes team as a regular I dont see him getting into other teams top 6.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

Take a dart... Take a dartboard... TBH I wouldn't have a problem owning any of these, including DeAngelo, right now
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'd want to own:

Theodore/Chabot
    Pulock/DeAngelo
    Honka

In that order...
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Theodore or Chabot for me.. But Axe is right, it's so hard to predict prospect defensemen!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think I like DeAngelo in terms of offensive upside, but of course there are things outside of the hockey sphere that are concerning. I don't like to bring politics into things, but just take a look at his twitter, though it looks like he's deleted a bunch of stuff.

For me, I probably have it like this:

DeAngelo - Character and discipline issues
    Chabot - Seems like a shoe-in to be a top pairing defenseman with Karlsson
    Theodore/Honka - Both have depth issues within the organization to compete with
    Pulock - I think he projects more to be a Johnny Boychuk type of #2-3D with a big shot

But I think for the most part, these guys are all on the same level.
    12 Team Roto., 30 Player (20 Keeper) Yahoo Dynasty

G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLK -- W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

4 - C/LW/RW
    6 - D
    3 - Util
    3 - G

C - Crosby, McDavid, O'Reilly, Couturier
    LW - Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Bennett, Fiala
    RW - Pastrnak, Kucherov, Caufield, Mangiapane
    Util - Lowry, Backstrom, McCann, Barzal, Pageau, E. Kane, Mercer, M. Foligno
    D - Dahlin, Karlsson, Hamilton, Dumba, Pulock, Dobson, Faulk, Romanov

G - Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Bernier

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I try and avoid rostering prospect defenders who haven't really shown up at the NHL level yet. However, I do see some differences here:

Theodore - has shown up and produced at the NHL level. Certainty gets him the top spot.
    (gap)
    Honka/Chabot/Pulock - any of the 3 of these guys could produce and be solid for a long while, or not do much.

Note DeAngelo is not listed. Guys like him I put in an "avoid" bucket that is multipositional. He can play his way out of the avoid bucket by playing so well his character concerns become irrelevant, or he can get out of there by improving his character. You get there by having your character impact you and your team directly. The guys in this bucket stay there permanently about 75% of the time I've been doing this over the years.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

thank you very much for the responses. now i'm not surprised that I couldn't find a good solution if even you guys can't solve my question without any problems and with certainty
    12 Team H2H Yahoo Dynasty league 24 Players (4 LW, C, RW, 6 D, 4 Reserve 2 Goalies)
    G, A, FOW, PPP, PIM, Shots, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, GAA, Shots, Save%, Shutout

Plus: Yearly 2 Prospect-Picks, on which you have the rights for 3 years. Maximal 6 prospects overall

C:, Eichel, Pettersson, Bennett, Cates
    RW: Marner, Rantanen, Stephenson, Blais, Coleman, Killorn
    LW: Gaudreau, Panarin, Kaprizov, B. Tkachuck, Guentzel, E. Kane
    D:E-Larrson, Trouba, McAvoy, Dahlin, Ristolainen, Walman, Matheson
    G:Hellebuyck, Sorokin, Saros

IR:
    Forsberg, Kaprizov, Chabot

Prospects (right now not in the Team): Q. Byfield

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would rank Deangelo a little bit higher than some here due to his decent showing in his 20 games this year and the quality of coyotes D depth right now. Stone is probably gone by the deadline so I would expect to see Deangelo back up on the 2nd pair in the final quarter with first pair PP minutes. Longer term, I am less worried about his apparent attitude problems than his being one-dimensional. The latter is more likely to see him out of the league (see MA Bergeron, TJ Brennan et al.) before the former, especially if he's scoring at a .45 rate. I'm monitoring him closely and hope to capitalize on a sleeper, but am ready to trade him at the first sign of trouble.
    Pool #1: 10 Team Keeper League,

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G
    Protection: Any 22 + 2 prospects
    Result 19/20: 3rd

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov
    D: Rielly, Krug, E. Karlsson, S. Jones, D. Toews, Giordano, Severson, Dobson
    P: Podkholzin, Holtz, N. Robertson, Lundell, Lehtonen, Perunovich
    G (W2, OTL1, SO3, G, A): Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Mrazek, Talbot

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Pool #4: Dobber Campbell Pro 2020