Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Where will Fleury get traded?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Where will Fleury get traded?

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    I think you are taking the side of the Pens here without really looking at it from Fleury's side. The Pens didn't have to give him a long term contract with a NMC and a partial NTC. They chose to do it in order to retain his services, so why should they not have to honor it if he wants to do everything that is within his power and his rights contractually to stay? Is the onus really on him to be accommodating to them?

Unrelated, do you play NHL 17 on Xbox One? I played a game last night with someone whose player's name in the box scores was D. Glatt and it got me wondering. lol
    Doug "The Thug" Glatt is the protagonist from the film "Goon." It's worth checking out for those who enjoy hockey.

If Fleury was playing well and earning his position and salary I would be more sympathetic to his plight but at this point he hasnt been good for the past two years, has clearly been superseded by Murray and now expects the Pens to keep him--the inferior but much higher salaried player--regardless of the facts of the situation. If Fleury really wants to stay, why is he playing like shit? Despite having one of the best teams in the league in front of him he is posting weak numbers. There are many professional goalies that could put up the same or better numbers as he has behind Pittsburgh this year. I would think he would rise to the level of his competition and seek to prove to management and his teammates that he needs to be kept, but this is clearly not happening.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    If Fleury was playing well and earning his position and salary I would be more sympathetic to his plight but at this point he hasnt been good for the past two years, has clearly been superseded by Murray and now expects the Pens to keep him--the inferior but much higher salaried player--regardless of the facts of the situation. If Fleury really wants to stay, why is he playing like shit? Despite having one of the best teams in the league in front of him he is posting weak numbers. There are many professional goalies that could put up the same or better numbers as he has behind Pittsburgh this year. I would think he would rise to the level of his competition and seek to prove to management and his teammates that he needs to be kept, but this is clearly not happening.
    I agree that Fleury has been awful this year, that isn't even up for debate. All I'm saying is that contract law is on Fleury's side if he wants to block 12 teams and let Pittsburgh figure out if one of the other 18 will take him. It is hard to blame the guy for exercising his agreed upon, signed and sealed right if he and his family would really prefer to stay in Pittsburgh rather than moving to some other dice roll of a location.

Dobber Sports Pro

Interesting article with no insight into where Fleury will go.

http://thehockeywriters.com/marc-andre-fleury-extending-a-subtle-goodbye/

Dobber Sports Sage

Saw some speculative article today about PIT and DAL making "preliminary" talks about MAF. I know everyone thinks the Stars is the obvious landing spot, but its difficult to see how that is feasible with the cap. Even if PIT takes Niemi back in the deal the Stars still have almost $12M worth of Gs on their cap with MAF and Lehtonen. This will severely curtail any attempts to shore up their blueline, which is a big reason why they let in so many pucks. Seems like DAL will have to buyout one of their two Gs, then send the other one back to PIT in the deal. Then maybe PIT buys out the former DAL guy they get. Either way its messy. But you have to think the Stars are getting desperate so anything is possible.

http://www.fanragsports.com/news/leb...nguins-fleury/

- - - Updated - - -

Saw some speculative article today about PIT and DAL making "preliminary" talks about MAF. I know everyone thinks the Stars is the obvious landing spot, but its difficult to see how that is feasible with the cap. Even if PIT takes Niemi back in the deal the Stars still have almost $12M worth of Gs on their cap with MAF and Lehtonen. This will severely curtail any attempts to shore up their blueline, which is a big reason why they let in so many pucks. Seems like DAL will have to buyout one of their two Gs, then send the other one back to PIT in the deal. Then maybe PIT buys out the former DAL guy they get. Either way its messy. But you have to think the Stars are getting desperate so anything is possible.

http://www.fanragsports.com/news/lebrun-preliminary-discussion-stars-penguins-fleury/

The Great One

FUnnily enough (I think It was o. 30 thoughts) but I read somewhere it sounds like only us think that the Stars will upgrade that d as they seem committed to what they have and learning on the job....

- - - Updated - - -

FUnnily enough (I think It was o. 30 thoughts) but I read somewhere it sounds like only us think that the Stars will upgrade that d as they seem committed to what they have and learning on the job....
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    Seems obvious he will leave Pittsburgh this season....where do you guys see him in the future?

I'm guessing Winnipeg or Dallas.....
    Now that Dallas got Bishop, I keep Winnipeg but I'll add Calgary in the mix too....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    Now that Dallas got Bishop, I keep Winnipeg but I'll add Calgary in the mix too....
    What about the Isles?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Dank Pepe View Post
    What about the Isles?
    No way Pitt trades him within their own division. Isles already have 3 one way G's on contract as well.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    No way Pitt trades him within their own division. Isles already have 3 one way G's on contract as well.
    Agree....got to trade Fleury to a Western Conference team....

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Monster

Listening to McKenzie on tsn 1050 yesterday and certainly got a hint that Calgary would be one of the teams interested. Winnipeg and Vegas also options

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Genius

What about a Fleury vs Brodie type of deal?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Wpg would be perfect landing spot for Fleury. Good for Jets to mentor Helly for a couple years, also he would get to be #1 for the next couple years.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Wpg would be perfect landing spot for Fleury. Good for Jets to mentor Helly for a couple years, also he would get to be #1 for the next couple years.
    I would love to see this. Great team player, and a nice, experienced upgrade in net. Make it happen, Chevy!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    I would love to see this. Great team player, and a nice, experienced upgrade in net. Make it happen, Chevy!
    How do you see this deal work out? Trouba?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    How do you see this deal work out? Trouba?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    The Jets certainly have the assets to make a deal happen. I dont think they are dealing Trouba but they have lots of good young forwards that could be moved to make it happen.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."