Thread: Kiril Kaprizov upside and 3YP

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Kiril Kaprizov upside and 3YP

I buy all of Dobber's guide and when it comes to evaluating prospect I use the upside / 3YP to gauge and compare prospect to one another.

Kiril Kaprizov is interesting because in the latest guide he has him at 70/45 and I feel that with the World Juniors and what he has done in the KHL, these numbers appear low.

I now it's a crap shoot, but I'm looking for your input and opinion as to the real potential IF he ever comes over.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Kiril Kaprizov upside and 3YP

I'm comfortable with that prediction. He looks like he will be a star but there is not any real top line talent in Minn to help.
    It'll take him at least 2 years to come over, so the 45 makes sense, and then he could get 65+ as a regular player. But of course this is all a prediction

- - - Updated - - -

I'm comfortable with that prediction. He looks like he will be a star but there is not any real top line talent in Minn to help.
    It'll take him at least 2 years to come over, so the 45 makes sense, and then he could get 65+ as a regular player. But of course this is all a prediction
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Administrator

No issues with that. If you look at last year's point totals 70 would put him around the top 12 of the league. Almost nobody gets 70 these days. Maybe his 3YP/likelihood bump up a bit based on his KHL season but I put very little stock into a short WJC tournament.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    No issues with that. If you look at last year's point totals 70 would put him around the top 12 of the league. Almost nobody gets 70 these days. Maybe his 3YP/likelihood bump up a bit based on his KHL season but I put very little stock into a short WJC tournament.
    Agreed. Maybe raise his 3YP to 55 but 70 point upside is very high already, so I'm not sure I would raise that at all.

Dobber Sports Pro

Well considering he is 6 points away from breaking Evgeny Kuznetsov's U20 point record in the KHL, with a slightly higher points per game right now, I am fine with his upside but I also agree about that now-a-days 70 is a tough total to reach. I think he can but it take a couple seasons for sure

http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...tion=&sort=u20

- - - Updated - - -

Well considering he is 6 points away from breaking Evgeny Kuznetsov's U20 point record in the KHL, with a slightly higher points per game right now, I am fine with his upside but I also agree about that now-a-days 70 is a tough total to reach. I think he can but it take a couple seasons for sure

http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...tion=&sort=u20
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Just bought the Mid-Season guide, Dobber has the answer: 80/58 which is what I was hoping for as far as future potential and also what I see in what he's doing now.

I know, it's just a prediction...

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Just bought the Mid-Season guide, Dobber has the answer: 80/58 which is what I was hoping for as far as future potential and also what I see in what he's doing now.

I know, it's just a prediction...

Thanks

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Murray Bannerman View Post
    I buy all of Dobber's guide and when it comes to evaluating prospect I use the upside / 3YP to gauge and compare prospect to one another.

Kiril Kaprizov is interesting because in the latest guide he has him at 70/45 and I feel that with the World Juniors and what he has done in the KHL, these numbers appear low.

I now it's a crap shoot, but I'm looking for your input and opinion as to the real potential IF he ever comes over.
    I wouldn't put too much stock in the projections aspect of anything Dobber puts out in regards to prospects. Kaprizov definitely has 70 point upside but if you read the prospects guide you'd think that isn't too impressive because of how many players they give large upside to that they really shouldn't.

Kaprizov will come over, but not until 2018/19 at the earliest. And he will be worth the wait. One of the best forward prospects out there.

The Great One

issue with predictions for prospects is that you are looking for a perfect storm to achieve them - with someone coming straight into the NHL it is easier but when you consider we have no idea how Minny's roster looks in two years (or if he is even still in that programme)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.