Thread: Is the Price Right? -REP-

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Is the Price Right? -REP-

So the guy in my league who owns Carey Price is pretty fed up and has approached me about a deal. He is in last place after making the playoffs every year until now and winning the league three years ago. I knew Price would be off his usual pace this year because the Habs brought in Montoya and would limit Price's starts. What wasnt expected was that he would be getting shelled repeatedly. The last few weeks he is a sieve, not sure who has been worse, him or Vas.

Obviously I am interested because he is Carey Price. When a superstar falls into buy-low territory I like to pounce. OGM has indicated an interest in Fred Andersen from my end. Will probably have to add a sweetener of undetermined value. Do any of you, especially Habs homers like Eric D and the like, know of any reason not to expect Price to get back to his usual self in the long-term and be a top 3 G again for the next several years?

REP for your informed comments. Thanks!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Is the Price Right? -REP-

The fact that you describe it as "Anderson plus a sweetener" is ridiculous. While Anderson has played very well, he's your 3rd best goalie (aka worst) and you could trade for the one goalie in the world who has a higher long-term ceiling than Holtby. Plus your farm has some pretty great prospects (even more so if the Gibson is John and not Chris). Who are you thinking of making the sweetener?

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that you describe it as "Anderson plus a sweetener" is ridiculous. While Anderson has played very well, he's your 3rd best goalie (aka worst) and you could trade for the one goalie in the world who has a higher long-term ceiling than Holtby. Plus your farm has some pretty great prospects (even more so if the Gibson is John and not Chris). Who are you thinking of making the sweetener?
    16 team, 23 keeper, G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO. 5 round combined veteran and prospect draft.
    C: McDavid, Barkov, T. Johnson, Wennberg
    LW: Gaudreau, E. Kane, Meier, Skinner, Fiala
    RW: Neal, R. Smith, Atkinson, Spezza
    D: OEL, Schultz, Faulk, Krug, Pulock, Vlasic, Vatanen, Riikola
    G: Holtby, Bishop, Murray

Farm:
    1. Brannstrom 2. Capobianco 3. Djoos 4. Elvenes, Lucas 5. Garland 6. Hague, Nic 7. Hagg, Robert 8. Jones, Caleb 9. Jones, Max 10. Kayumov, Artur 11. Lundkvist, Nils 12. Miller, KeAndre 13. Martel, Danick 14. Morand, Antoine 15. Pionk 16. Salo 17. Scherbak 18. Sikura 19. Sprong 20. Watson, Spencer

Dobber Sports Sage

Andersen is really good in my format, and he's my 2nd best G just behind Holtby. He is ranked #6 among Gs in my league, ahead of Price. Volume of starts and shots faced have a pretty important bearing on goalie scoring my league. Price is ranked #7 and will likely fall further after tonights shellacking. But he has been top 3 every year up until last year.

The OGM just sent me an offer of my Andersen and O'Reilly for Price and something back from his end, probably a prospect.

Dobber Sports Pro

To land the typically #1 fantasy goalie ya I think thats reasonable. You would be stacked having Price & Holtby as your goalies. And still having Murray & Gibson coming up.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Sage

His Carey Price and Mikko Rantanen for my Fred Andersen and Ryan O'Reilly. Done deal.
    Thanks for the help boys, REPs is one the way.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Annnnnnd you got Rantanen. Wow

Dobber Sports Pro

Holy smokes, other buddy must have been having a bad day! Good for you though.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews
    LW - Draisaitl
    RW - ​​Marner
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey
    G -
    B -

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    '25 & '26 - Extra 1st, Extra 2nd
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson
    G - Vasilevskiy
    B -
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

The Great One

The price is right Bob... Sorry Doug even!
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    His Carey Price and Mikko Rantanen for my Fred Andersen and Ryan O'Reilly. Done deal.
    Thanks for the help boys, REPs is one the way.
    Wow. You fleeced him big time.