Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Timo Meir

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Timo Meir

What's his upside in the near future? Top line next year? In points only league.

I saw Dobbers prospect rankings and was shocked he wasn't higher. As others above him have to wait longer then he does to play top 6 next year.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Timo Meir

He has some good potential, but SJ has zero reason to be rushing right now, so I think that's why he's pegged a little lower in the short term.

- - - Updated - - -

He has some good potential, but SJ has zero reason to be rushing right now, so I think that's why he's pegged a little lower in the short term.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Even with Marleau and Thornton not resigning with the team? (BIG if)

Dobber Sports Sage

Too early to tell how he will do at the NHL level but, with his speed and shot, all the signs point towards top line minutes.

If all goes well for him and SJ I could see him turning into a 35 + 35 = ~70 point guy in his prime with upside for even more in his career year (~80 points).

As for where SJ will put him next year, that all depends on who they sign, re-sign, and what opportunities they open up for him and their other prospects (Goldobin). If there is an opening in their top 6 they might go out and sign a FA to fill it in an effort to remain competitive and slot him on the 3rd line with part-time fill-in duties if someone goes down with an injury.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Padawan

Jumbo's not going anywhere

- - - Updated - - -

Jumbo's not going anywhere

Dobber Sports Titan

That could open up a nice slot, but still, between Couture, Pavelski and the rest of the current group, there's no easy opening for top ice time.
    The other thing is, as good as Meier may be, he's not the kind of talent that will force his way into a top role. He will continue to do well with increased ice time and opportunity, but I think it will be more of a steady progression than an all-of-a-sudden breakout.

- - - Updated - - -

That could open up a nice slot, but still, between Couture, Pavelski and the rest of the current group, there's no easy opening for top ice time.
    The other thing is, as good as Meier may be, he's not the kind of talent that will force his way into a top role. He will continue to do well with increased ice time and opportunity, but I think it will be more of a steady progression than an all-of-a-sudden breakout.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I wanted to keep him for next year. Im debating to keep him or K.Connor

Dobber Sports Sage

That's a tough call.

Would help if we could see your roster, scoring settings, current keepers, etc.
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    That's a tough call.

Would help if we could see your roster, scoring settings, current keepers, etc.
    Points only

Dobber Sports Sage

Who are your list of keepers?

- - - Updated - - -

Who are your list of keepers?
    RW
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Titan

I would put Connor ahead of Meier if that helps.

- - - Updated - - -

I would put Connor ahead of Meier if that helps.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I own both, but prefer Connor

Connor also has more name value
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Deity

Meier has top line potential but will be a few years away from getting to show it. The same can probably be said for Connor. Patience to be shown with both guys IMO.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

SJ has already begun to experiment with Timo on the top line, he has been playing alongside the Joe's for a little bit now. He needs to produce to stick there but they are already showing signs of trusting him there.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Padawan

Currently streaming Meier for the peripherals... hoping he gives me a good reason to keep him on the roster!