Thread: LA Chargers

Dobber Sports Titan

Default LA Chargers

Well it?s official. 2 teams in LA. This sucks because there are cities without a team that deserve one still. Like Cleveland, San Fran, and Chicago.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...tails-reaction
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: LA Chargers

LOLOLOLOL

Ya this is surprising....I Knew it was rumored but to go from zero LA teams to two in two years...

- - - Updated - - -

LOLOLOLOL

Ya this is surprising....I Knew it was rumored but to go from zero LA teams to two in two years...

Dobber Sports Superstar

I thought Cleveland had the...... oh I see what you did there.

Given the cost of the new stadium I think this was the only way it made financial sense to build a massive new complex.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought Cleveland had the...... oh I see what you did there.

Given the cost of the new stadium I think this was the only way it made financial sense to build a massive new complex.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

550mill in relocation fees over 10yrs. Not like SD has a great sports town (Padres don’t seem to get a crowd), but LA is only city that follows winning teams. Chargers and Rams aren’t playoff winning teams yet, so I don’t think this will be well for either teams. You now have 2 teams battling to get fans and it’s not like LA was screaming to get a team let alone 2.

Raiders to Vegas in the next 2yrs I bet.

- - - Updated - - -

550mill in relocation fees over 10yrs. Not like SD has a great sports town (Padres don?t seem to get a crowd), but LA is only city that follows winning teams. Chargers and Rams aren?t playoff winning teams yet, so I don?t think this will be well for either teams. You now have 2 teams battling to get fans and it?s not like LA was screaming to get a team let alone 2.

Raiders to Vegas in the next 2yrs I bet.

Administrator

SD and LA are not far apart. I'm sure some of their fans will make the trip for home games. But in any event I don't see this working long-term.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    SD and LA are not far apart. I'm sure some of their fans will make the trip for home games. But in any event I don't see this working long-term.
    I don't see any Chargers fans making that trip. Look at their attendance the last couple years. Most of them are done with this team and I don't blame them. The NFL should have played this smarter.

Raiders should have moved to LA.

Chargers should have moved to Las Vegas.

The most simple analysis I've seen of this is people who live in LA are already Oakland fans. And Oakland fans travel. The Chargers would do as well in Las Vegas as the Raiders. But the Chargers in LA wont do anything compared to what the Raiders could have done. Misplayed their hand.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I heard two LA teams were relocating to new cities in 2018... Albuquerque New Mexico & Portland Maine (first two random cities to pop into my head). this is a farce. Literally the owner can just up and move a team? I like the NHL format better where they have checks and balances in place so these moves make some kind of sense.

Clock is ticking until they both relocate out of LA

- - - Updated - - -

I heard two LA teams were relocating to new cities in 2018... Albuquerque New Mexico & Portland Maine (first two random cities to pop into my head). this is a farce. Literally the owner can just up and move a team? I like the NHL format better where they have checks and balances in place so these moves make some kind of sense.

Clock is ticking until they both relocate out of LA
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

The Chargers own is paying 550mill over 10yrs in relocation fees. So yes he can up and move in 2018, but he’ll be paying 550mill till 2028 PLUS 440mill till 2026. I think that’s how they’ve worked it out. Plus they have to buyout of their current Stadium lease, so they would have to buy out of their new stadium lease (the one that’s likely shared by LA Rams/LA Chargers).

They will likely move out in 10yrs, but I don’t know if they will before the 10yrs are up.

- - - Updated - - -

The Chargers own is paying 550mill over 10yrs in relocation fees. So yes he can up and move in 2018, but he?ll be paying 550mill till 2028 PLUS 440mill till 2026. I think that?s how they?ve worked it out. Plus they have to buyout of their current Stadium lease, so they would have to buy out of their new stadium lease (the one that?s likely shared by LA Rams/LA Chargers).

They will likely move out in 10yrs, but I don?t know if they will before the 10yrs are up.