Thread: Getting Dubnyk inquiries...

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Getting Dubnyk inquiries...

My team is 2nd out of 12 teams, largely because of Holtby & Dubnyk in our league which is 40% goalie categories. Our league is only keep 4, which means I would keep Holtby and not Dubnyk.

Another GM is asking for my Dubnyk, who would likely become one of his 4 keepers. The package offered so far is:

• Devan Dubnyk (MIN)

• for

• Cam Talbot (EDM) and one of Nik Ehlers (LW,RW), Jordan Eberle (RW), or Matt Duchene (C,RW)

He also has Blake Wheeler and Brad Marchand, though he said they are "off-limits."

Are any of the base package options enough for you to give up Dubnyk?
    12 Team H2H Partial Keeper: Keep 4 (1G Max).
    C: Crosby, Malkin, Stepan, Trocheck, Monahan
    LW: Parise, Landeskog, Schenn (C), Vatrano (C)
    RW: Okposo, Reinhart (C), Larkin (C)
    D: Karlsson, Yandle, Hamilton
    G: Holtby, Dubnyk, Mason
    IR: Gallagher (RW)

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 2Util, 4D, 2G, 4BN, 1IR.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Getting Dubnyk inquiries...

With 40 percent G cats it is justifiable to keep a pair of top 3 Gs in your keep 4 league. Its an unorthodox approach but it is also a rare occurrence that you would be blessed with so much talent. Tell the OGM that you are seriously considering keeping both and perhaps he will bring a better package to the table. None of the players he offers you would be a keeper for you. Looking at what you have now I would be keeping the 2 Gs plus Karlsson and Crosby. Malkin is the worst kind of Band-Aid Boy, he chooses the playoff season to miss almost every year, I would deal him for a nice package and let that be another GM's problem.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    With 40 percent G cats it is justifiable to keep a pair of top 3 Gs in your keep 4 league. Its an unorthodox approach but it is also a rare occurrence that you would be blessed with so much talent. Tell the OGM that you are seriously considering keeping both and perhaps he will bring a better package to the table. None of the players he offers you would be a keeper for you. Looking at what you have now I would be keeping the 2 Gs plus Karlsson and Crosby. Malkin is the worst kind of Band-Aid Boy, he chooses the playoff season to miss almost every year, I would deal him for a nice package and let that be another GM's problem.
    Bang on advice. Don't be hesitant to go into next year with Dubnyk and Holtby as keepers along with Crosby and Karlsson since those are your 4 best players, positions be damned, and if someone wants to trade for any of them it should take a kings ransom.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

The Great One

Personally, and as you say, with two goalies like that you are laughing in goalie cats so I'd only be interested in moving one for guaranteed help across the board, they are nice offers but not quite the king's ransom I would want

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, and as you say, with two goalies like that you are laughing in goalie cats so I'd only be interested in moving one for guaranteed help across the board, they are nice offers but not quite the king's ransom I would want
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Okay, you can't get Holtby, Crosby, or Karlsson because you have them. So I'd want Burns, Price, Benn, Seguin, that kind of player.

If Brad F Marchand is off limits, tell him so is Dubnyk, and that you are keeping 2 goalies.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thank you all for the help. Unfortunately, we can only keep 1 goalie maximum.

I insisted Wheeler be in the package and now he has offered:
    • Wheeler for Dubnyk 1-for-1
    • or Wheeler & Talbot for Dubnyk & a draft pick improvement for him

I'm tempted to do the second one...thinking Dubnyk is due for some regression. Thoughts?
    12 Team H2H Partial Keeper: Keep 4 (1G Max).
    C: Crosby, Malkin, Stepan, Trocheck, Monahan
    LW: Parise, Landeskog, Schenn (C), Vatrano (C)
    RW: Okposo, Reinhart (C), Larkin (C)
    D: Karlsson, Yandle, Hamilton
    G: Holtby, Dubnyk, Mason
    IR: Gallagher (RW)

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 2Util, 4D, 2G, 4BN, 1IR.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Given that you can only keep 1 goalie you need to maximize value for Dubnyk so you don't lose him for nothing. Couple questions

1. Can you trade after the season but before the draft? If so you may want to ride Dubnyk all year and move him in the offseason.
    If not I'd check in with the rest of the league, focusing on teams without an obvious goalie keeper and see if you can't get a player better than Wheeler for Dubnyk.
    If you end up trading with this guy I'd be hesitant to give much of a draft pick increase: Dubnyk + a lesser F (Larkin, Okposo) should be worth Wheeler and Talbot IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Given that you can only keep 1 goalie you need to maximize value for Dubnyk so you don't lose him for nothing. Couple questions

1. Can you trade after the season but before the draft? If so you may want to ride Dubnyk all year and move him in the offseason.
    If not I'd check in with the rest of the league, focusing on teams without an obvious goalie keeper and see if you can't get a player better than Wheeler for Dubnyk.
    If you end up trading with this guy I'd be hesitant to give much of a draft pick increase: Dubnyk + a lesser F (Larkin, Okposo) should be worth Wheeler and Talbot IMO.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Sage

A) I see that you can only keep 1 G. So I guess that you need to move one. I would definitely announce to your entire league that one of your Gs is available. See what other offers come in, since these are not great so far.
    B) This OGM doesnt seem to get it. There is no such thing as "off-limits" when a guy asks you to trade him the #1 G in fantasy hockey. You should be looking to get one of the best wingers out there, Ovechkin or Benn would be a fair swap.
    C) Wheeler isnt even close to a 1-for-1 value for Dubnyk. He's a good winger but he isnt the best.
    D) Lawman is on the right track. If you did the deal you describe above i would not add a draft pick improvement for him, thats absurd. Speaking of regression, Talbot is regressing a lot more than you will likely see from Dubnyk.

Dobber Sports Ace

Keep Dubnyk and win all goalies stat I have Dubnyk and Holtby just traded for Dubnyk pretty happy whit my goalie now. I totally agree whit previous two post I can't say anything more but Wheeler is not enough for Dubnyk I will try to trade Dubnyk during off-season if you can...
    10teams H2H keep 12 dress 3C,3LW,3RW,6D,2G,2uti+4bench
    G,A,PIM,PPP,SOG,HIT,BS,W,L,GAA,SV%
    C:GETZ,Pavelski,Rakell,Brassard
    RW:P.Kane,Tarasenko,Wheeler,Silfverberg,Brown
    LW:Paciorety,Mantha,Panik,Namestnikov
    D:OEL,Burns,Josi,BUFF,E.Johnson,Sergachev,Mcavoy
    G:Holtby,Dubnyk,Budaj

Dobber Sports Sophomore

No chance I trade Dubnyk for Wheeler in a league like yours. Even though you can't keep him which is a position of weakness, you can look at any other team in the league (except for who owns price) and Dubnyk would be their keeper. So you can certainly get a better guy than Wheeler. Go for someone like Gaudreau. Or better yet try to move Dubnyk and Malkin and possibly more for McDavid maybe. When that doesn't happen, trade for Burns
    16 team, 23 keeper, G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO. 5 round combined veteran and prospect draft.
    C: McDavid, Barkov, T. Johnson, Wennberg
    LW: Gaudreau, E. Kane, Meier, Skinner, Fiala
    RW: Neal, R. Smith, Atkinson, Spezza
    D: OEL, Schultz, Faulk, Krug, Pulock, Vlasic, Vatanen, Riikola
    G: Holtby, Bishop, Murray

Farm:
    1. Brannstrom 2. Capobianco 3. Djoos 4. Elvenes, Lucas 5. Garland 6. Hague, Nic 7. Hagg, Robert 8. Jones, Caleb 9. Jones, Max 10. Kayumov, Artur 11. Lundkvist, Nils 12. Miller, KeAndre 13. Martel, Danick 14. Morand, Antoine 15. Pionk 16. Salo 17. Scherbak 18. Sikura 19. Sprong 20. Watson, Spencer