Thread: Rate my team for ROS (REP GIVEN)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Rate my team for ROS (REP GIVEN)

League in Sig.

I currently sit in 6th place out of 12 teams, but am confident I will make the playoffs (I want to win this year). Please take a look at my roster and give your opinion on what my best option is going forward in terms of possible pickups, trades I should be looking at.

For a long time now I've been trying to package Tavares ++ for a RW or LW keeper (Kuch/Tarasenko/Panarin/etc), but no such luck yet. This might be more of a off-season move to be made as packaging all of that would destroy my hopes of winning this year.

Starting Roster is:

C- Crosby, Tavares
    LW: Marchand, Forsberg
    RW: Atkinson, Ehlers
    D: Burns, Hedman, Hamilton, Faulk
    G: M. Murray, Jones

Bench: Fabbri, Koivu, Wennberg, Eberle, Raanta

I've been itching to make a move to put me over the top, but perhaps a wait and see approach might be best?
    10 Team H2H Baseball- Cats

R, HR, RBI, BB, SB, AVG, XBH
    W, ERA, SV, K WHIP, QS

C: D. Jansen
    1B: P. Goldschmidt
    2B: J. Villar
    3B: E. Suarez
    SS: J. Peraza
    OF: M. Trout
    OF: G. Stanton
    OF: A. Benintendi
    UTIL: G. Springer
    UTIL: J. Gallo
    P: T. Bauer
    P: Z. Wheeler
    RP: T. Glasnow
    RP: K. Maeda
    P: G. Marquez
    P: L. Castillo
    P: S. Bieber
    P: C. McHugh

Bench: J. Profar, T. White, M. Smith, C. Martinez (SP), G. Holland

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Rate my team for ROS (REP GIVEN)

Where do you stand in each category? That would be useful to know.

I'd be wary of letting go of Tavares, since by 2018-19 he could be on a new team and poised to be very elite. If you trade him, he becomes someone else's keeper and that could hurt.

My guess is you won't be retaining Atkinson, in which case you probably should explore selling high. Yes - it seems like he's done enough to prove he's the real deal; but nevertheless his value likely will never be higher than it is now. If not him, then Hedman, since he likely won't be a keeper over Burns. Of course you'll lose production by getting rid of them, but in doing so you probably can upgrade at LW and goalie, where I'm guessing you're weaker than average.

Good luck.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Here are my rankings in each category (out of 12 teams)

Goals- 1st,
    Assists- 6th (4/5/6 very tight)
    +/- : 9th
    PPP: 6th
    SOG: 1st
    Hits: 8th

W: T 2nd
    GAA: 6th
    SV%: T 7th
    SO: 8th

I don't feel my goaltending needs upgrading as Murray is going to be back very soon here. Jones has been steady all season. What would you do in trying to sell Atkinson? Would Simmonds be a guy to target? Same question for Hedman (I just spent a hefty price in acquiring him).

Remember I'm trying to go for the win this year- Selling Tavares for a nice package could put me over the top. However I do understand what i'd be giving up. Its the impatient owner in me that wants to sell.

W, ERA, SV, K WHIP, QS

The Magnificent One

If you're prepared for pain down the road, then by all means sell Tavares. But as you said he won't get you nearly as much in return as he should.

It's good that you're as far back as you are in +/- and Hits, as opposed to other categories. They're pretty easy to make up and you don't have to pay a hefty price to get strong in those areas. If you think you're set at goal (not sure I agree), then focus on LW and D. I like the idea of Simmonds, but my guess is he'll cost you too much in this league. Now might be a decent time to buy low(ish) on Pastrnak, whose owner could be worried that he was a flash in the pan. And Hamilton only gives you SOG, where you're already covered. Try to toss him into a deal and try to get a guy like Dumba or even Ian Cole (great for +/- and PIM) instead. You need to start to focus on your categories, not necessarily the best player available. If you really want to help your team, you can try for Pavelski, who's probably a top 5 player in your league but whose owner might not realize it. Malkin also is a big time asset, but of course he could get hurt at any moment. Of course if those guys are C eligible only, then forget it - part of their lure is their usual winger eligibility. There's also Ristolainen, who's a hits and PPP machine.

That's a lot to process - but likely more than enough food for thought. Good luck.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Pro

Moving Faulk for a Schultz or solid d on a good team will help you with your +/-
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Just curious as to why you guys think my goaltending isn't in the greatest situation? I realize I don't have the likes of Holtby, Price, Dubnyk . . . But Jones and Murray are putting up great numbers, and those top tier guys are basically untouchable on other teams.

How would you suggest I try to upgrade this? The only option I could try would be to deal away one of Jones or Murray ++ (either a high pick or player) for Holtby. Holtby owner is last in the league consistently year by year and does like to talk trade

W, ERA, SV, K WHIP, QS

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by oilspill23 View Post
    Just curious as to why you guys think my goaltending isn't in the greatest situation? I realize I don't have the likes of Holtby, Price, Dubnyk . . . But Jones and Murray are putting up great numbers, and those top tier guys are basically untouchable on other teams.

How would you suggest I try to upgrade this? The only option I could try would be to deal away one of Jones or Murray ++ (either a high pick or player) for Holtby. Holtby owner is last in the league consistently year by year and does like to talk trade
    You answered your own question