Thread: Murray ready to return...but from what?!?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Murray ready to return...but from what?!?

Reports are that Matt Murray is ready to return from his "lower body injury" but, from what I can tell, we never learned what the exact injury was. There was speculation that Sully smirking during the initial post game press conference when he announced the injury meant that the injury was, uh, testicular in nature. however, I don't think that we ever learned what the injury was.

There are numerous reasons why the NHL is considered by its detractors to be a niche sport. I think that the game will never garner serious attention because bettors don't pay attention to it. it is difficult to wager money on a game if you don't know the status of players actually playing in the game.

I presume that the NHL's stated purpose for not releasing detailed information about injuries would be so as to avoid opposing players targeting the affected area (double yikes in Murray's case). Really? Are hockey players more likely to be targeted than a football player or a basketball player? Releasing information that it's a "lower body injury" would just mean that the entire extremity is a target.

The way the NHL handles announcing injuries is simply bush league.

It's not just a slam to the poolies, it's a slam on all the fans of a team and a player.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Murray ready to return...but from what?!?

cool thread