Thread: Sad state of affairs.......help pls

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Sad state of affairs.......help pls

Hey Guys, well the season is over for me. i'm in a long term keeper league and now find myself at the bottom of the standings despite what i feel was a strong roster this year. That being said, i'm having a fire sale and wanted your thoughts.

I have another owner interested in Drouin from my team. i don't see much on his roster that interests me however he does have the following: Fabri(STL), Holden(NYR) & Schultz(PIT) that I think i should consider.

Our league keeps 10 players at the end of the season to protect and has 18 rounds of drafts to start the next season. We follow the NHL Salary cap based on AAV and is pretty much straight up points, blocked shots and shutouts.

So question to you guys is should i move Drouin for any of these guys and if so which and straight up or include draft picks?

Thanks in advance, Rep will be given.
    LouisT
    Keeper League -- Long Term Keeper -- AAV -- Heat to Head
    Forwards - G=1, A=1, +/-=.5, SHG=1
    Defence - G=1.5, A=1, +/-=1, Blocks=0.1
    Goalies - W=2,L=-1,SO=2,SV=.10,GA=-.75, A=2, OTL=-.5, G=20

Roster
    F: Barzal, Crosby, Dzingel, Galchenyuk, Heinen, Kadri, Marchessault, Matthews, Perron, Simmonds, Sobotka, Zuccarello, Bennett, Drouin, Hartman, Puljujarvi
    D: Forbort, Gostisbehere, McNabb, Oleksiak, Ristolainen, Shattenkirk, Coburn, Del Zotto, Fowler, Hanifin
    G: Price, Hellebuyck, Glass, Bernier
    R: Strome

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Sad state of affairs.......help pls

I wouldn't trade Drouin for any of those players. Don't settle just because the other GM wants someone from your team. Tell him you don't see a match, nothing wrong with that.

The Great One

Drouin is exactly the kind of guy you want if in your shoes. He'd be one of the last guys I'd be looking to move. Just make your list of 10 guys you'll likely be keeping and either stick with them and sell the rest for picks, or try to do two for ones to improve in order to help trim your roster.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ace

I don't like any of those guys over Drouin, either. Is the team in your signature the keeper team you're talking about? I don't see Drouin listed there.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

No it's not the same team, i just haven't taken the time to update it. Thanks for the feedback though kbro
    LouisT
    Keeper League -- Long Term Keeper -- AAV -- Heat to Head
    Forwards - G=1, A=1, +/-=.5, SHG=1
    Defence - G=1.5, A=1, +/-=1, Blocks=0.1
    Goalies - W=2,L=-1,SO=2,SV=.10,GA=-.75, A=2, OTL=-.5, G=20

Roster
    F: Barzal, Crosby, Dzingel, Galchenyuk, Heinen, Kadri, Marchessault, Matthews, Perron, Simmonds, Sobotka, Zuccarello, Bennett, Drouin, Hartman, Puljujarvi
    D: Forbort, Gostisbehere, McNabb, Oleksiak, Ristolainen, Shattenkirk, Coburn, Del Zotto, Fowler, Hanifin
    G: Price, Hellebuyck, Glass, Bernier
    R: Strome

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Also agree... if you're last and packing it in, Drouin should be apart of your future...

The best trades to make if you're tanking is dealing old, but still productive players... ones you wouldn't keep anyway... even if you just get draft picks... I would do that first.