Thread: What is Dylan Strome now worth in keeper leagues?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default What is Dylan Strome now worth in keeper leagues?

I may be able to get Charlie Coyle for Dylan Strome in my points only keeper league (details of league in my sig).

Should I hang on to Strome and hope he comes around next season or trade for Coyle and make a push to finish in the top 3 of my pool this year?
    11 team keeper league with salary cap (points only)

MY TEAM (start 13F, 6D, 1G):
    FWDS: N. Kucherov, S. Stamkos, R. O’Reilly, J. Hughes, W. Karlsson, P. Kessel, B. Point, F. Vatrano, E. Pettersen, R. Rakell, C. Keller, N. Niederreiter, K. Labanc

DEF: J. Trouba, J. Morrissey, T. Krug, F. Hronek, S. Jones, D. Nurse
    GOALIE: A. Vasilevskiy
    BENCH: V. Mete, S. Niku, R. Andersson, T. Hirose, C. Glass, T. Jurco, C. McElhinney
    NOTES: We can only send players down if they get injured, otherwise they pass through waivers and we lose them for nothing + we have to pay half their cap.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: What is Dylan Strome now worth in keeper leagues?

Strome has the higher upside but in terms of realistic expectations, Coyle is further ahead in development and will give you equal or better stats for the next 3 years, most likely. I would go with Coyle.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Veteran

Strome is still an "A" prospect, but given your league setup (where he has to pass through waivers and thus is taking up a roster spot for you) and that you're making a push this year, I think Coyle is a decent price.

Dobber Sports Pro

I would make that deal.

Skeptics have been mentioning the lack of foot speed may inhibit Strome at NHL level. Coyle is showing he may be a premier power forward and should be top 6 or top line for many years to come. Make the deal.

- - - Updated - - -

I would make that deal.

Skeptics have been mentioning the lack of foot speed may inhibit Strome at NHL level. Coyle is showing he may be a premier power forward and should be top 6 or top line for many years to come. Make the deal.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

Maybe play the card of the 3rd overall status and try to get a pick with Coyle?
    If you go for the win this season, that's the type of deal you make and you still receive a young piece with upside.
    I don't want to rain on Strome's parade, he's still a nice prospect, but I haven't been impressed by him at the WJC.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe play the card of the 3rd overall status and try to get a pick with Coyle?
    If you go for the win this season, that's the type of deal you make and you still receive a young piece with upside.
    I don't want to rain on Strome's parade, he's still a nice prospect, but I haven't been impressed by him at the WJC.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Titan

I think you should still be able to get more for Strome. You're selling him low, and he's still one of the top prospects at the moment. I may not be high on him myself, but I still think you can do better than Coyle (who you're buying high on).

- - - Updated - - -

I think you should still be able to get more for Strome. You're selling him low, and he's still one of the top prospects at the moment. I may not be high on him myself, but I still think you can do better than Coyle (who you're buying high on).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

I think in a few years you will come to regret trading him. I don't understand why everyone is so quick to lose faith on a kid like this. Just because he didn't have a great start to his NHL season and got sent back to Jr, people are now questioning him.

If you owned Puljujarvi, would you be this down on him as well?

People have short memories and need to show patience with these KIDS.

- - - Updated - - -

I think in a few years you will come to regret trading him. I don't understand why everyone is so quick to lose faith on a kid like this. Just because he didn't have a great start to his NHL season and got sent back to Jr, people are now questioning him.

If you owned Puljujarvi, would you be this down on him as well?

People have short memories and need to show patience with these KIDS.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."