Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rank these Leafs prospects

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Rank these Leafs prospects

Want to make sure my blinders are off. I'd like to know how you would rank the following Leafs prospects in a league that is weighted towards scorers but also counts hits. Looking longer term, I likely won't compete for 2 more years.

Kapanen
    Timashov
    Brown
    Bracco
    Hyman

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Rank these Leafs prospects

Brown
    Hyman
    Kapanen
    Timashov
    Bracco

- - - Updated - - -

Brown
    Hyman
    Kapanen
    Timashov
    Bracco

Dobber Sports Titan

I would flip Bracco and Timashov, but otherwise I like Havana's list.
    However, overvaluing them against each other isn't likely your real problem, you're more likely to overvalue them against players not from the Toronto system. So if you end up with trades, try checking back in here before pulling the trigger so you can get a slightly less biased opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

I would flip Bracco and Timashov, but otherwise I like Havana's list.
    However, overvaluing them against each other isn't likely your real problem, you're more likely to overvalue them against players not from the Toronto system. So if you end up with trades, try checking back in here before pulling the trigger so you can get a slightly less biased opinion.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

I don’t think Hyman is that great of a player, but he is a coaches dream (which means he’s a great player). He goes hard 100% of the time and does what the coaches ask. He’s made his way on the team by making Babcock love him. Based on pure talent/fantasy wise I’d have him lover than Kapanen but because he’s in the NHL already the list is:

Brown, Hyman, Kapanen, Timashov, Bracco.

- - - Updated - - -

I don?t think Hyman is that great of a player, but he is a coaches dream (which means he?s a great player). He goes hard 100% of the time and does what the coaches ask. He?s made his way on the team by making Babcock love him. Based on pure talent/fantasy wise I?d have him lover than Kapanen but because he?s in the NHL already the list is:

Brown, Hyman, Kapanen, Timashov, Bracco.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

Brown
    Kapanen
    Hyman
    Bracco
    Timashov

- - - Updated - - -

Brown
    Kapanen
    Hyman
    Bracco
    Timashov

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Jedi

Brown
    Kapanen
    Hyman
    Bracco
    Timashov

This based on opportunity... I flip Bracco/Hyman based on ceiling. Now, I'm really going to F-- with your list... cuz you're missing some studs.

Brown
    Kapanen
    Korshkov .5 pt/gm in his 1st full season in the KHL
    Grundstrom - absolutely fell in love with him at the WJC... Such a solid two way player, serious nose for the net and loves to BANG - I expect him to climb the prospect depth charts for the Leafs and fast.
    Bracco
    A. Johnson - if you look at his quarterly splits, he's adjusting to the NA game and ice. I expect his stats to only increase ppg, all those advanced stats over the 2nd half of the year.
    Hyman
    Timashov

- - - Updated - - -

Brown
    Kapanen
    Hyman
    Bracco
    Timashov

This based on opportunity... I flip Bracco/Hyman based on ceiling. Now, I'm really going to F-- with your list... cuz you're missing some studs.

Brown
    Kapanen
    Korshkov .5 pt/gm in his 1st full season in the KHL
    Grundstrom - absolutely fell in love with him at the WJC... Such a solid two way player, serious nose for the net and loves to BANG - I expect him to climb the prospect depth charts for the Leafs and fast.
    Bracco
    A. Johnson - if you look at his quarterly splits, he's adjusting to the NA game and ice. I expect his stats to only increase ppg, all those advanced stats over the 2nd half of the year.
    Hyman
    Timashov
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Considering Brown and Hyman are full-time NHLers today, it's hard to call them prospects and compare them to kids trying to break in.

Brown
    Hyman

Kapanen
    Bracco
    Timashov

- - - Updated - - -

Considering Brown and Hyman are full-time NHLers today, it's hard to call them prospects and compare them to kids trying to break in.

Brown
    Hyman

Kapanen
    Bracco
    Timashov
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

How good do you think Kapanen will be next year? 40 ish points conceivable?
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by masterjeff View Post
    How good do you think Kapanen will be next year? 40 ish points conceivable?
    Assuming he's even playing with the Leafs next season on a regular basis, where do you see him slotting in? Babcock seems content with Brown and Hyman up with Matthews. Bozak or Kadri will be centering the 2nd line and you can bet that Nylander will be on the wing. JVR is still there for now so there's your top six. It's rare that a 3rd line guy snipes 40 points.

I think it's possible that some changes to the top six might come and there might be a spot for Kapanen. Who knows. If that happens and Kapanen can find a full time spot in the top six then I can see 40 points being, as you say, "conceivable", but I sure would be expecting it today (looking towards next season).
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Is it conceivable? Yes. Would I bet on it, or acquire him banking on it? Absolutely not. It's possible he gets passed over by Leipsic or even A. Johnson for a roster spot next year, either due to Leipsic's pest potential and he's more a 3rd line fit or Johnson fully adjusting to NA hockey and lighting up 2nd half of the NHL, and now having 4 years under his belt playing against men (SEL)...

He's still so young, that I don't see the Leafs being in any rush to move him along. I can see another full year in the AHL for him. They said they wanted to overcook prospects. They are now entering a position where the team roster is filling out and the prospects can see how tough it's going to be to crack this line up. I expect to see him at some point this season with the Leafs, a spot call up... and fight for a 3rd line spot next year... but I wouldn't bank on him for anything fantasy worthy. Least not until 18/19.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Okok thanks for that.. so I see him in a similar situation to Scherbak in mtl

Dobber Sports Giant

Brown

Hyman
    Bracco

Kapanen

Timashov

- - - Updated - - -

Brown

Hyman
    Bracco

Kapanen

Timashov
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Jedi

my reply with quote doesn't work

Re: Scherbak. Scherbak has a better opportunity in Montreal based on coach alone. No one is safe in that top six from one period to the next. if he performs, he's going to get time. I think there's more opportunity for him in the next two years in Mtl than Kapanen in Tor.

Honestly, I see Kapanen as a centrepiece of a trade for a top 4 Dman - that's when he will hold real value. Strictly my opinion, but if I were an opposing GM with a Dman, I'd be wanting him as part of a return.

Administrator

Brown
    Kapanen
    Hyman
    Bracco
    Timashov

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Novice