Thread: Matz vs Odorizzi

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Matz vs Odorizzi

So Matz has superior talent, but is looking like he might be a band-aid boy, while Odorizzi is a decent young pitcher who gets Ks, but gives up lots of HR and sometimes struggles with control.

Variables aside, is there any situation where you would considering keeping Odorizzi ahead of Matz?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Matz vs Odorizzi

Matz has the higher ceiling, so I wouldn't really question keeping him, but you do have to know he comes with the risk.
    If you want to look into trading him for a draft pick, then keeping Odorizzi instead, then that could be a great route as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Matz has the higher ceiling, so I wouldn't really question keeping him, but you do have to know he comes with the risk.
    If you want to look into trading him for a draft pick, then keeping Odorizzi instead, then that could be a great route as well.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks, yeah, those high risk/high reward players are always tough decisions. I think I would trade him for a draft pick if given the opportunity, like you mention.

Dobber Sports Titan

Sounds good. Always happy to have a little more baseball talk around here, so post anything else you may want to discuss and I'll try to get to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds good. Always happy to have a little more baseball talk around here, so post anything else you may want to discuss and I'll try to get to it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

If the league isn't that deep I'd probably keep Matz and roll with him until he gets injured. Guys like Odorizzi I find are a little easier to trade for if the need arises.
    Twitter: @jasonang00