Thread: Drop dell/coreau for berube?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Drop dell/coreau for berube?

Should i drop either one in a full dynasty league for Berube? Im rebuilding and dont have a starter goalie. Which ones of these 3 have best chance to be a starter in couple years? I also have Grub but i think he is above these 3.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Drop dell/coreau for berube?

Dell and Coreau are having better seasons than Berube. Of the Three I would pick Coreau to have the best chance to usurp his teams starting goalie.

If you're looking to acquire a goalie of the future for your team I would consider trading for one of the best goalie prospects now and wait it out. Juuse Saros seems to be the guy that has been mentioned in the last little while as having the best chance to take over as the starter for his team.

Two others to consider are the Ilya's from the KHL - Ilya Sorokin - NYI and Ilya Samsonov - WSH. It might take them some time to come over but they are good goalies and the only thing stopping them is opportunity. Samsonov will most-likely take longer to make an impact with Holtby in his way at the moment.

Another guy to consider would be Antti Raanta. He is older but he is on track to take over as the starting goalie for his team as Lundqvist is aging and in decline. Raanta is also a candidate to be taken as one of the goalies for the Vegas Knights. If you acquired him before his value rises, you could then trade him to a competing team for a quality, young goalie prospect.

- - - Updated - - -

Dell and Coreau are having better seasons than Berube. Of the Three I would pick Coreau to have the best chance to usurp his teams starting goalie.

If you're looking to acquire a goalie of the future for your team I would consider trading for one of the best goalie prospects now and wait it out. Juuse Saros seems to be the guy that has been mentioned in the last little while as having the best chance to take over as the starter for his team.

Two others to consider are the Ilya's from the KHL - Ilya Sorokin - NYI and Ilya Samsonov - WSH. It might take them some time to come over but they are good goalies and the only thing stopping them is opportunity. Samsonov will most-likely take longer to make an impact with Holtby in his way at the moment.

Another guy to consider would be Antti Raanta. He is older but he is on track to take over as the starting goalie for his team as Lundqvist is aging and in decline. Raanta is also a candidate to be taken as one of the goalies for the Vegas Knights. If you acquired him before his value rises, you could then trade him to a competing team for a quality, young goalie prospect.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the long and throughout reply!

Dobber Sports Ace

You are welcome.

For future reference, you will get a more thorough answer if you post the details of your team/league in your signature or post the information with your question. I can help you with your sig if you need any assistance with it. Let me know via PM.

Good luck with your team going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

You are welcome.

For future reference, you will get a more thorough answer if you post the details of your team/league in your signature or post the information with your question. I can help you with your sig if you need any assistance with it. Let me know via PM.

Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post
    You are welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

You are welcome.

Thanks again! I will edit the signature later . Both ilyas are undrafted in our league since we do just 3 rounds every year. I suppose a 2nd round pick could be well worth the price on sorokin?

Dobber Sports Ace

Without knowing the details of your league and barring any new news (I love using this term, haha) I would go so far as to say that either of those goalies would be available in the 3rd round of your draft. Sorokin's KHL contract ends after the 2017-18 season, so there is going to be a bit of wait, but his arrival should coincide with the arrivals of the Islanders good, young prospects that should help propel them towards being more competitive than they have shown to date.

Dobber Sports Ace

I tried editing my post, but as you all know we are having issues with that function with the site updates.

Here is a recent article on the Islanders goalie situation: http://eyesonisles.com/2016/12/27/ne...een-the-pipes/

- - - Updated - - -

I tried editing my post, but as you all know we are having issues with that function with the site updates.

Here is a recent article on the Islanders goalie situation: http://eyesonisles.com/2016/12/27/new-york-islanders-moving-forward-in-between-the-pipes/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Updated the info in the signature. In our league its really hard to find a starting goalie but yeah maybe 3rd rounder would be enough. We draft 3 rounds every year and also previous draft undrafted players can be drafted. I do have 2x 1st, 4x 2nd and 2x 3rd for 2017 draft atm
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League |20 Teams, 23 Roster spots 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN
    Categories: G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO
    C - Crosby | Trocheck | Backstrom | Danault | Aho
    LW - Marchessault | Hertl
    | Fiala | Jost
    RW - Rantanen | Palmieri
    | Meier | Pavelski | Puljujarvi
    D - Ristolainen | Zadorov | C. Murphy
    | | Trouba | Edmundson | Giordano
    G -
    Fleury | Saros | Markström
    IR: Zucker
    Farm
    C - Borgstrom |
    Heponiemi | Hawryluk
    LW -
    RW - Tolvanen
    D - Juolevi
    G - Sorokin, Vehviläinen

Dobber Sports Star

No you should not drop anyone for Berube

Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Prodigy

We also have Brossoit available (hi gfhyde, dont you dare to pick him too). Now that Brossoit might be called up, could he be worth a shot? We can only have 3 active goalies and can stash to na only if goalie played at least one game. Dell has been solid and coreau is fighting for an NHL job atm but is Brossoit the guy in future edmonton?

- - - Updated - - -

We also have Brossoit available (hi gfhyde, dont you dare to pick him too). Now that Brossoit might be called up, could he be worth a shot? We can only have 3 active goalies and can stash to na only if goalie played at least one game. Dell has been solid and coreau is fighting for an NHL job atm but is Brossoit the guy in future edmonton?
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League |20 Teams, 23 Roster spots 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN
    | Fiala | Jost
    RW - Rantanen | Palmieri
    G -
    Farm
    C - Borgstrom |
    Heponiemi | Hawryluk
    LW -
    RW - Tolvanen
    D - Juolevi
    G - Sorokin, Vehviläinen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Dammit, the editing doesnt work, but also Linus Ullmark is now in waivers at our league.
    | Fiala | Jost
    RW - Rantanen | Palmieri
    G -
    Farm