Thread: German Rubtsov leaving KHL for the Q

Dobber Sports Sage

Default German Rubtsov leaving KHL for the Q

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ia_early_.html

It's not set in stone according to the article, but there is a confirmed transfer on eliteprospects.com, looks like it will happen. Good timing, IMO, right after the WJC. Hasnt really done anything in the KHL this year, no points in 15 games so he must not be getting a lot of PT.

Philly has done a really nice job with their prospect system the past few years, havent they?

Administrator

Default Re: German Rubtsov leaving KHL for the Q

Does this have anything to do with all of the KHL players not getting paid? I'm sure at some point it becomes breach of contract if the team doesn't hold its end.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

If he plans on playing in the NHL then he should get over here. Was invisible in the wjc.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ia_early_.html

It's not set in stone according to the article, but there is a confirmed transfer on eliteprospects.com, looks like it will happen. Good timing, IMO, right after the WJC. Hasnt really done anything in the KHL this year, no points in 15 games so he must not be getting a lot of PT.

Philly has done a really nice job with their prospect system the past few years, havent they?
    Rarely given ice time in the KHL. I would have preferred him staying in the KHL if it meant he doesn't HAVE to go to the CHL next season if he doesn't make the team. Perhaps he does not I do not know those rules too much, but all I know is that if he doesn't make the Flyers next year the AHL would be much better than the CHL.

But this will be good in the short term, give him a ton of minutes and offense opportunities.
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    Rarely given ice time in the KHL. I would have preferred him staying in the KHL if it meant he doesn't HAVE to go to the CHL next season if he doesn't make the team. Perhaps he does not I do not know those rules too much, but all I know is that if he doesn't make the Flyers next year the AHL would be much better than the CHL.

But this will be good in the short term, give him a ton of minutes and offense opportunities.
    That 20 year limit is only for players who were drafted from the CHL, not players who go playing there afterwards. It doesn't even affect players who were loaned from their European team to play in the CHL like we've seen with Alex Nylander and Julius Honka for example.

So Rubtsov can play in the AHL next year if that's what they decide to do.