Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why am I not in 1st place?! What's wrong with my team?! (Will rep)

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Why am I not in 1st place?! What's wrong with my team?! (Will rep)

Gotta be honest... it seems like a fairly mediocre team to me both before and after the trades.

You don't have a single player currently in top 20 in league scoring. Your top guys are Benn (21st), Karlsson (26th), Marner (26th), Stone (45th). Nobody else in top 50... Your goalie situation was dismal, but at least it is a little better now with Andersen.

I am more surprised to hear that this team is almost in 1st place than I would be to hear it was in 5th place. I guess it is because you loaded up on good defensemen since they get 1.5 pts per G/A. Smart move.

Dobber Sports Jedi

My league is a perfect example of how fine a line fantasy hockey is. I am 5 fantasy points behind the team who has scored the most in our league. That owner has had 26 more fantasy points scored against her in the league. We're 11th and 12th in points against. She is sitting at 11-3. I am 7-7. (our average matchup results in a score, something like 208 - 190 (league in sig).

Two teams, almost identical points for & against, yet one is .500 and the other is .786.

That's the magic of head to head.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

^^ Ya and the best part of my defense is that it's all signed for a few years.. Pulock is even up and coming

The top 20 scorers are all evenly spread out among all other 10 teams except the contenders which have maybe 2 or 3 of each in their teams.
    The guy with Staal, Sheary, Malkin and Neiderreitter is laughing at us right now.. grrr

- - - Updated - - -

^^ Ya and the best part of my defense is that it's all signed for a few years.. Pulock is even up and coming

The top 20 scorers are all evenly spread out among all other 10 teams except the contenders which have maybe 2 or 3 of each in their teams.
    The guy with Staal, Sheary, Malkin and Neiderreitter is laughing at us right now.. grrr
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by masterjeff View Post

What place are you in now?

Dobber Sports Jedi

The most important thing is - where you finish in the playoffs. it stings a little in my league to score as much and be 7-7 as Reg season record gets $150, 2nd $50, 1st/2nd in the playoffs get $250/$150 and bragging rights... It's a group of friends to bragging is essential.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm almost tied in 3rd.. approx 30 points behind the top
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Don't forget this is a salary cap league... I can't simply get the best player on the market..I've got to make concessions
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]

Dobber Sports Padawan

So I'm up to the point where I'm close to abandoning for this year. Here's the team that's in 1st place ATM:

TAVARES
    KUZNETZOV
    BACKSTROM
    WHEELER
    HENRIQUE (Barkov)
    TURRIS
    ZUCCARELLO
    BURAKOVSKY
    PALAT
    MARCHAND
    LEHKONEN
    MANTHA
    HEDMAN
    SHATTENKIRK
    VATANEN
    FORBORT
    KRUG
    LINDELL
    GREISS
    MRAZEK

He definitely has a good team, but next year he's doomed because the bank will explode and he barely has any replacements.

My team on the other hand will be almost intact with cheap prospects still signed for a few years and an Elite Defense. My plan will probably be to sell Benn before the trade deadline to get a prospect and draft pick (he will be too expensive next year), sell D.Ryan (to make place for Vatrano or Meier) and Gardiner (to make place for Pulock).

My other option is to keep Benn and let go of O'Reilly, but then I can't cash in the bit of value Benn has because of his salary this year..

Should I feel comfortable going forward with a core consisting of: Benn (or O'Reilly),B.Schenn, Little, M.Stone, Marner, Konecny, Fabbri, Rantanen, C.Brown, Vatrano/Point/Meier at F

Karlsson, Josi, Provorov, Pulock, Weber, Faulk at D

Andersen, Allen/Hellboy in nets

Thanks again, I rep where I can

- - - Updated - - -

So I'm up to the point where I'm close to abandoning for this year. Here's the team that's in 1st place ATM:

TAVARES
    KUZNETZOV
    BACKSTROM
    WHEELER
    HENRIQUE (Barkov)
    TURRIS
    ZUCCARELLO
    BURAKOVSKY
    PALAT
    MARCHAND
    LEHKONEN
    MANTHA
    HEDMAN
    SHATTENKIRK
    VATANEN
    FORBORT
    KRUG
    LINDELL
    GREISS
    MRAZEK

He definitely has a good team, but next year he's doomed because the bank will explode and he barely has any replacements.

My team on the other hand will be almost intact with cheap prospects still signed for a few years and an Elite Defense. My plan will probably be to sell Benn before the trade deadline to get a prospect and draft pick (he will be too expensive next year), sell D.Ryan (to make place for Vatrano or Meier) and Gardiner (to make place for Pulock).

My other option is to keep Benn and let go of O'Reilly, but then I can't cash in the bit of value Benn has because of his salary this year..

Should I feel comfortable going forward with a core consisting of: Benn (or O'Reilly),B.Schenn, Little, M.Stone, Marner, Konecny, Fabbri, Rantanen, C.Brown, Vatrano/Point/Meier at F

Karlsson, Josi, Provorov, Pulock, Weber, Faulk at D

Andersen, Allen/Hellboy in nets

Thanks again, I rep where I can
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]

Dobber Sports Padawan

So I ended up grabbing Huberdeau and Montour (mostly for next year) instead of Konecny (which is hurting me a lot) and Gardiner (who isn't doing so well lately).

I'll see where that leads me, but Hubs should be on a roll for the ROS, and that guy in 1st place should have his Washington players slowing down a tiny bit, I hope...

- - - Updated - - -

So I ended up grabbing Huberdeau and Montour (mostly for next year) instead of Konecny (which is hurting me a lot) and Gardiner (who isn't doing so well lately).

I'll see where that leads me, but Hubs should be on a roll for the ROS, and that guy in 1st place should have his Washington players slowing down a tiny bit, I hope...
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]

Dobber Sports Genius

Please keep Benn over O'Rielly even with the salary issue....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Padawan

^^ Yeah I've planned to make space for him.. I've got plenty of cheap options to compensate
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]

Dobber Sports Padawan

Update:

So I've made ajustments on defense again: got Leddy and Gardiner, had to sacrifice Schenn for Vrbata, but Vrbata is doind better than Schenn so I'm not sad

I'm now trying to make a move to get RyJo and give Little since the Jets only have 1 game this week.. I think I'm set for the rest of the season, I don't have much weaknesses anymore
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]

Dobber Sports Padawan

Update:

Got RyJo instead of Little and a few hot streaks got me in second place closing in on first, only 10 points behind!

- - - Updated - - -

Update:

Got RyJo instead of Little and a few hot streaks got me in second place closing in on first, only 10 points behind!
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]

Dobber Sports Titan

Perfect time to be streaking up the standings. Hope you can pull it off!

- - - Updated - - -

Perfect time to be streaking up the standings. Hope you can pull it off!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for the help getting there!

Update: I've acquired Anders Lee and replaced Zucker by him... I like Zucker, but he doesn't get PP time and is on the 3rd line..
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]