Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why am I not in 1st place?! What's wrong with my team?! (Will rep)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Why am I not in 1st place?! What's wrong with my team?! (Will rep)

I'm having trouble explaining why I'm not leading this league..

You think I should stick with what I got?

Where should I do adjustments/moves?

Team #2 in sig (full keeper salary cap 11 teams)
    F: Marner, Konecny, TyJo, Saad, Fabbri, Forsberg, Rantanen, Vatrano, B.Schenn, J.Schwartz, Little, Ovi
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Provorov, Matheson, Byf, Skjei
    G: Allen, Hellebuyck - Farm: Huberdeau, Connor, Point, Pul, Meier, Pulock
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Why am I not in 1st place?! What's wrong with my team?! (Will rep)

You're really young, especially for an 11 team league. It's the veterans that help you win these smaller leagues and you've only got a couple of those from what I can see. Too many rookies. Sexy names, sure. But these guys are young and years away from their prime. Give it another year or two and you'll get there.

Also, your goalies are really young as well and aren't helping you at all either. Especially with your league set-up (emphasis on owning good goalies).
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Padawan

My youngsters are actually not that bad for the price..
    Marner and Rantanen have good stats so far, Konecny should bounce back..
    Matheson is soso as is Skjei..
    Hellebuyck ya I get it.. but at least he costs below 1m..
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)

Dobber Sports Sage

No doubt they are all great bangs for their buck right now. But you don't have too many guys in the top 20 in scoring. Especially for an 11 team league. If you want to be at the top you should have 3 or 4 players in the top 20 or 30 in points. And then another 3 or 4 in the top 50 or 60. I see Saad is 23rd. Karlson 29th. Ovy 38th...

I'd guess you're closer to 4th or 5th place? Maybe 6th or 7th considering your goalies relatively poor seasons to-date?

Just give it some time. Your primed for long-term success.
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm actually really close to 1st..

1 good night and it's done..

I even was 1st for a good while this season

I was only wondering why I wasn't ahead big time.. now I understand a bit more, this is actually my 1st fantasy league where I draft my team..
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]

Dobber Sports Sage

Must have some incredible parity in your league then.

I really like your teams future.
    RW
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yes we do.. because of the salary cap

I really wanted to mix present performance with the future. glad to know I did well for the future

- - - Updated - - -

Yes we do.. because of the salary cap

I really wanted to mix present performance with the future. glad to know I did well for the future
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    You're really young, especially for an 11 team league. It's the veterans that help you win these smaller leagues and you've only got a couple of those from what I can see. Too many rookies. Sexy names, sure. But these guys are young and years away from their prime. Give it another year or two and you'll get there.

Also, your goalies are really young as well and aren't helping you at all either. Especially with your league set-up (emphasis on owning good goalies).
    This^^^

I've started the season in the exact same situation....too many rookies.....if you check my roster, I've made some moves recently to get proven scorers but Connor, Hertl and Puljujarvi with Bergeron's so so season are killing me right now.....I'm checking for a deal including Connor Strome and Hertl to get some more proven players for the second half of the season.....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Prodigy

in a seven team sal cap keeper league, ur team looks weak to me, impact players are Johnny G, PL and Crosby only. hard to believe ur near the top with this. sorry I dont see it lasting.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Administrator

You're not in 1st because regardless of what you think you don't have the best team. Also, your goaltending is WEAK.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

It's actually an 11 team league
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]

Dobber Sports Padawan

(I'm unable to reply with quote or edit my comments)

it's team #2 in my sig

The guy leading actually, for me, has a very average team, and benefiting from lots of players that are on a good run, but which I think won't last

His team consists of: McD, Panarin, Pastrnak, Simmonds, Drouin, Sheary, Staal, JVR, Niederreiter, Dzingel, Arvidsson, Malkin,
    Severson, Fowler, Martinez, Wiercioch, Markov, Giordano,
    Rask, Mason

I feel my defense is much much better than his, with Karlsson, Josi and Byf all due for good runs soon
    My goalies are pretty much equal to his..
    His attack benefits a lot from the recent success of Staal, Arvidsson, Niederreitter, but I feel that my Forsberg, Konecny, TyJo should wake up pretty soon..

There's still half a season left, so I can't panic too much, but I really appreciate your feedback as I'm learning quite a bit

- - - Updated - - -

(I'm unable to reply with quote or edit my comments)

it's team #2 in my sig

The guy leading actually, for me, has a very average team, and benefiting from lots of players that are on a good run, but which I think won't last

His team consists of: McD, Panarin, Pastrnak, Simmonds, Drouin, Sheary, Staal, JVR, Niederreiter, Dzingel, Arvidsson, Malkin,
    Severson, Fowler, Martinez, Wiercioch, Markov, Giordano,
    Rask, Mason

I feel my defense is much much better than his, with Karlsson, Josi and Byf all due for good runs soon
    My goalies are pretty much equal to his..
    His attack benefits a lot from the recent success of Staal, Arvidsson, Niederreitter, but I feel that my Forsberg, Konecny, TyJo should wake up pretty soon..

There's still half a season left, so I can't panic too much, but I really appreciate your feedback as I'm learning quite a bit
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]

The Great One

would be interested in seeing the rosters of the other top couple teams. the op's roster doesn't jump out to me as something that is dominant...

Dobber Sports Padawan

I've made a move that will probably pay off: traded Ovi, Schwartz and Skjei for Bergeron (he's going to finish strong), Marchand and Ekholm

Josi 2 points tonight, let's hope it continues like that
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]

Dobber Sports Padawan

So I went through a pretty significant trading spree and managed to address a few of my issues. I still wanted to keep a few youngsters that I feel will perform well next year, but sacrificed others to get immediate help.

I also used Dobber's guide to help me identify the best players from here till the end of the season.

Initial lineup:
    F: Marner, Konecny, TyJo, Saad, Fabbri, Forsberg, Rantanen, Vatrano, B.Schenn, J.Schwartz, Little, Ovi
    G: Allen, Hellebuyck - Farm: Huberdeau, Connor, Point, Pul, Meier, Pulock Here's the new lineup (Team 2 in sig) new players are in bold

F: Marner, Konecny, Bailey, Benn, Fabbri, O'Reilly, Rantanen, C.Brown, B.Schenn, M.Stone, Little, D.Ryan
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Provorov, Gardiner, Weber, Faulk
    G: Allen, Andersen - Farm: Hellboy
    , Vatrano, Point, Maroon, Meier, Pulock

What do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

So I went through a pretty significant trading spree and managed to address a few of my issues. I still wanted to keep a few youngsters that I feel will perform well next year, but sacrificed others to get immediate help.

I also used Dobber's guide to help me identify the best players from here till the end of the season.

Initial lineup:
    G: Allen, Hellebuyck - Farm: Huberdeau, Connor, Point, Pul, Meier, Pulock Here's the new lineup (Team 2 in sig) new players are in bold

F: Marner, Konecny, Bailey, Benn, Fabbri, O'Reilly, Rantanen, C.Brown, B.Schenn, M.Stone, Little, D.Ryan
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Provorov, Gardiner, Weber, Faulk
    G: Allen, Andersen - Farm: Hellboy
    , Vatrano, Point, Maroon, Meier, Pulock

What do you think?
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]