Thread: Looking for a new backup goalie

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Looking for a new backup goalie

My team is sitting in playoff position, but my backup goaltending has been shaky all year. I have already purged Elliott & Fleury from my roster, and am now down to just Mrazek as a backup to Holtby.

We play 1 goalie, and list up to 2 backups. Only category is save percentage, and our week starts on Thursday, the first game for the player is their game of record. If they don't play, we go to the next goalie listed as a backup. If none of my goalies play, I would get the save percentage from whomever plays for Washington. Right now, Grubauer is essentially my third goalie, and as long as nobody else rosters him that's fine. If he gets picked up by someone else, I get a -.05 to save percentage, but I'm not worried about that.

Mrazek's quality start percentage has been below average this year, and much worse than his usual seasons. So I am looking for a guy who won't crap the bed very much, and will put up an average performance, so my superior (on paper) offense can outscore my opponent.

Here is the wire grouped into 2 tiered sections, where i have interest, and guys I don't trust. Who are your top 3-4 guys for me to take a look at? Remember I don't care about wins, or GAA. I like shutouts, because they are maximum save percentage, but getting one is just a little bonus.

Guys who look interesting:
    AndersenF
    Budaj
    Darling
    Gibson
    Grubauer
    Johnson
    Markstrom
    Raanta
    Saros
    Talbot
    Vasilevskiy

Guys who I am leery of:
    Coreau
    Elliott
    Fleury
    Howard
    Neuwvirth
    Pickard
    Stolarz
    Varlamov
    Ward

Thanks for your thoughts!
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Default Re: Looking for a new backup goalie

Andersen and for me not even close - I've been pumping his tyres since November as he is now settled in
    Experience is the teacher of all things.