Thread: Thoughts on Dylan Strome.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Thoughts on Dylan Strome.

I watched every Canadian matchup in the recent WJC including last night's Gold medal game, and I come away from the tourney feeling like Strome does not have the tools to be a top line centre in the NHL. My buddies and I were lamenting Canada's loss today, and we all agreed that Strome did very little to help the cause. I thought he looked slow when skating, he made a number of terrible or ill timed passes, and his decision making led to turnovers and failed offensive pushes.
    Not everything is negative. I think his shot is lethal, and I certainly can't comment on what he brings to a locker room (Canada convincingly beat the Swedes and hung with the Americans) so maybe he is a great part of that leadership.

So what did you guys think of Strome at the WJC and his potential as an NHLer? Is he going to be fine, or is he a lot of overhype (aka his brother Ryan?!?)

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Thoughts on Dylan Strome.

As I said in the WJC thread, I dont put much stock in a two week tournament. Stome didnt have a bad tournament but he didnt have a great one either.

I am not concerned about his future at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said in the WJC thread, I dont put much stock in a two week tournament. Stome didnt have a bad tournament but he didnt have a great one either.

I am not concerned about his future at this point.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I have only been saying he was overrated since seeing him a few times when he was with the AAA Marlies in Toronto. As Axe said though, a 2 week tournament won't change my mind. Even if he had looked stellar, he wouldn't have been bumped much up my ranking board of skaters.

- - - Updated - - -

I have only been saying he was overrated since seeing him a few times when he was with the AAA Marlies in Toronto. As Axe said though, a 2 week tournament won't change my mind. Even if he had looked stellar, he wouldn't have been bumped much up my ranking board of skaters.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Years away from being an impact player...if ever.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hasn't looked great in the NHL, albeit limited games. I wasn't impressed at all in the tourney.

Still early, but I'm pretty happy right now that the Coyotes took Strome ahead of Marner in the draft

Dobber Sports Monster

Haven't seen much of him other than the World Junior tournament but with any player who isnt the most gifted skater (especially in todays game of hockey) i temper my expectations on him. But you never know he could surprise us all.