Thread: No love for Keller ? I have ...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default No love for Keller ? I have ...

I've read many articles on the WJC and I did not see one that talks about the play of Clayton Keller for team USA. I've watched the games and he was great in all of them and finished 3rd in scoring overall with 11 pts in 7 games. Arizona got a gem with this kid.
    12 Teams Keep All - 25 players - Pts only (FWD: 1 pt per goal and assist - DEF: 2 pts per goal, 1 pt per assist - GOA: 2 pts per win, 4 pts per SO) / Active roster: 9 Fwds, 4 Defs, 2 Goalies

F: S. Crosby, T. Hall, V. Tarasenko, R. Strome, J. Gaudreau, J. Guentzel, D. Pastrnak , M. Rantanen, S. Aho, P. Buchnevich, E. Kuznetzov, M. Pacioretty, J. Pavelski, J. Marchessault, D. Perron
    D: K. Letang, D. Doughty, J. Carlson, D. Hamilton, B. Montour
    G: V. Husso, J. Quick, C. Hellebyuck, F. Andersen

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: No love for Keller ? I have ...

Yup. He's going to be a very good player.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. He's going to be a very good player.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Wizard

There's been plenty of love for Keller already. Maybe my expectations for him were a bit too high but he wasn't as good as I expected him to be. Maybe it was because he was playing wing, not sure how familiar he is with that. Don't get me wrong, he was good. But I was expecting him to be great.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Keller vs Patrick , who's best next year?
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Stud

Keller is exceptional. I think it was good to get a little taste of the wing at the WJC because that's where I see him in the pros. He's just too small to handle the big boy centres that drive around most team's top lines. Let him ride shot gun with Strome (or maybe Nolan Patrick the way things are going in AZ) and he can distribute and create offense at the level of Kane or Gaudreau.

He has a that very rare point-per-game potential.

He's a keeper.

- - - Updated - - -

Keller is exceptional. I think it was good to get a little taste of the wing at the WJC because that's where I see him in the pros. He's just too small to handle the big boy centres that drive around most team's top lines. Let him ride shot gun with Strome (or maybe Nolan Patrick the way things are going in AZ) and he can distribute and create offense at the level of Kane or Gaudreau.

He's a keeper.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post

He's a keeper.

- - - Updated - - -

He's a keeper.
    100%
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Wizard

If Keller turns out to be anything like Kane or JH, I would be ecstatic. I drafted him in my salary cap keeper in the 3rd round.

But I have my doubts. Not many prospects turn out like Kane and many smallish and skilled with the puck prospects are likened to Kane.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.