Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Va-sieve-lesky

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Va-sieve-lesky

Great trade for you! Glad to hear you held off on moving Vaasy when he was struggling. No guarantee that he will put up Crawford like numbers going forward, but I would bet money on it. I'm a Hawks fan and was a proponent of Crawford being a Conn Smythe candidate in their last cup win. But Vasilevskiy is a more talented goalie than Crawford easily, and the lightning should be dangerous going forward with Stamkos back healthy (god willing). I'll keep saying it anywhere I can... Vasi is the next Holtby. Don't care how silly or over optimistic it makes me look.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Great trade for you! Glad to hear you held off on moving Vaasy when he was struggling. No guarantee that he will put up Crawford like numbers going forward, but I would bet money on it. I'm a Hawks fan and was a proponent of Crawford being a Conn Smythe candidate in their last cup win. But Vasilevskiy is a more talented goalie than Crawford easily, and the lightning should be dangerous going forward with Stamkos back healthy (god willing). I'll keep saying it anywhere I can... Vasi is the next Holtby. Don't care how silly or over optimistic it makes me look.
    Hope you're right on Vas vs Holtby....I've been declining lots of trade offers for him for the last two seasons....hope it pays off next season!
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Still curious, anybody have any good stories about how they bought low on Vasy earlier this season? Or how they panicked and sold low?
    He was dropped in early-mid February in my keeper (!) league in my signature. I held the top waiver claim all season and was able to grab him for free
    10 Teams, Keep 15

H2H Categories: G, A, PPP, Hits, Blks, SOG -- W, GAA, SV%, SVs

3C - MacKinnon, Barkov, Vilardi (RW), Bennett, W Johnston
    3LW - Fiala, Jenner, Byfield, Raymond
    3RW - Miller, Jarvis, Kyrou, Debrusk
    5D - Fox, Q Hughes, Matheson, Letang
    2F

2G (max 4) - Vasilevskiy, Woll, Samsonov

8 Farm - L Hughes, M Knies, M Michkov, Z Benson, F Nazar, M Savoie, Annunen (G)

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont understand why people would sell low or even drop him in a keeper league.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont understand why people would sell low or even drop him in a keeper league.
    A quick re-read of this thread will show that people were panicking and losing their damn minds over his run of poor play. In the minds of fantasy owners Bishop was all but re-signed by Tampa as a result, and Vasi was stuck in Vegas or as a backup. Fantasy sports breed overreaction, both positive and negative.

Dobber Sports Deity

A quick re-read of this thread will show that people were panicking and losing their damn minds over his run of poor play. In the minds of fantasy owners Bishop was all but re-signed by Tampa as a result, and Vasi was stuck in Vegas or as a backup. Fantasy sports breed overreaction, both positive and negative.
    I am not going to go back and re-read this but people were silly if they truly thought Bishop was coming back. They didn't sign Vasilevskiy to a 3year deal at $3.5M for him to be a backup. They invested in Vasilevskiy for a reason.

Of course he's going to have a run of bad play but that's no reason to sell him in a keeper. Seriously people.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. I played Bishop over Vasilevskiy tonight due to matchups. Alas, stud muffin Vasy had a sub 1 GA ~.970 save% over time win. Please let me get anything close to that with Bish....

Sorry for doubting you Vasy. Please forgive me.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised since Vasy only gave up 5 goals in last 4 games.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I keep saying that patience is the key to success. Since September I kept saying to my friends that for the 2018 draft VasilLevskiy will be around 30-40 overall player! During his brutal streak with poor performances I stayed patient and right now I'm like the happiest guy in the fantasy world. He is the golden mine that I was hoping to find!

*sorry for my broken english
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn_d0e View Post
    I keep saying that patience is the key to success. Since September I kept saying to my friends that for the 2018 draft VasilLevskiy will be around 30-40 overall player! During his brutal streak with poor performances I stayed patient and right now I'm like the happiest guy in the fantasy world. He is the golden mine that I was hoping to find!

Yeah, I never lost patience with Vasy or was even discouraged by his poor run of play, other than the fact that it was hurting me this year. I've been absolutely rock solid convinced that he is destined for greatness. lol

Now Hellebuyck on the other hand I am a little bit less sure about. I value my Vasy way higher than my Helly right now. Would love to see them both pan out though.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yeah, I never lost patience with Vasy or was even discouraged by his poor run of play, other than the fact that it was hurting me this year. I've been absolutely rock solid convinced that he is destined for greatness. lol
    Now Hellebuyck on the other hand I am a little bit less sure about. I value my Vasy way higher than my Helly right now. Would love to see them both pan out though.
    I agree 100% It's scary how you are thinking exactly the same as me!!
    Devils & Predators fan

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am not going to go back and re-read this but people were silly if they truly thought Bishop was coming back. They didn't sign Vasilevskiy to a 3year deal at $3.5M for him to be a backup. They invested in Vasilevskiy for a reason.

Of course he's going to have a run of bad play but that's no reason to sell him in a keeper. Seriously people.
    Yea but lots of high upside goalies are signed for a reason though- that doesnt mean they always pan out. It would be revisionist history to imply there was never any cause for concern or to doubt that BB was gonna get dealt- certainly wasnt't a certainty:

http://isportsweb.com/2017/01/15/can...ut-ben-bishop/

http://btihockey.com/the-mysterious-case-of-ben-bishop/

theres more too- I dont have time- but if you were reading the game blogs and summarioes leading up to the deadline (as I was as a Vas owner) it was a regular staple in the commentary- are they going to actually deal bishop?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Yea but lots of high upside goalies are signed for a reason though- that doesnt mean they always pan out. It would be revisionist history to imply there was never any cause for concern or to doubt that BB was gonna get dealt- certainly wasnt't a certainty:

http://isportsweb.com/2017/01/15/can...ut-ben-bishop/

http://btihockey.com/the-mysterious-case-of-ben-bishop/

theres more too- I dont have time- but if you were reading the game blogs and summarioes leading up to the deadline (as I was as a Vas owner) it was a regular staple in the commentary- are they going to actually deal bishop?
    I'll admit, at one point I thought there was about a 5% chance they might hang on to Bishop. But never more than that. It just wouldn't have made sense for them.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn_d0e View Post

Welp- Im a Vasy oner and a Vasy fan- but also as a poolie for going on 15 years now I have to chime in with some always warmly welcomed- wet blanket remnders :P

1) Patience is only half the battle. You acn "out-patient" yourself into a never ending re-build if youre not careful. Some guys never pan out- remember when it was a serious debate about which of the big 3 goalie prospects to take? For those who werent around/cant recall- Im talking about the Price/Rask/or Bernier "discussions" that dominated these threads at one point- lol! Even top top cant miss prospects... still manage to miss sometimes. Even if they dont maybe they take the Devan Dybnyk road to fame where patience ends up paying off like 6 years after the fact (and no sorry i refuse to believe anyone was THAT patient with double D's- he was a waiver add or a speculative late round draft add by a desperate team in 99% of cases. So yea jusust saying- patience is only half the battle- knowing when to cut bait/reinforce the assets you have- is the other half and its equally as important imho.

2) We're not even out of the woods yet with Vas- lol! he had a spectacular (albeit shorter run this season when BB was injured. It obviously didnt last- but the first handful of games out of the gate were very promising. I believe in Vas and Im starting to believe in this run- but its a little to early to be patting ourselves on the back yet- Im not sure hes played 10 games as the starter yet has he? In a 10 game sample size Halak was the most dominant goalie on the planet this spring. Again- just sayin...

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    We're not even out of the woods yet with Vas- lol! he had a spectacular (albeit shorter run this season when BB was injured. It obviously didnt last- but the first handful of games out of the gate were very promising. I believe in Vas and Im starting to believe in this run- but its a little to early to be patting ourselves on the back yet- Im not sure hes played 10 games as the starter yet has he? In a 10 game sample size Halak was the most dominant goalie on the planet this spring. Again- just sayin...
    Of course you are right. Vas is no sure thing. It is one thing to strongly believe in him (which I do), and another to believe it is impossible that he will still bust (which I don't).

Between the .925 save % that he managed against an absolutely dominant Pittsburgh offense in the Stanley Cup playoffs last year and the .919 save % that he has put up this year in spite of Tampa's general struggles, his uncomfortable position as the 1B goalie, and the weight of his absolutely wretched streak of games when Cooper threw him to the wolves, I am feeling pretty darn confident in him going forward. A sure thing he is not. But I will still pat myself on the back for steadfastly standing by him and strongly encouraging others to do so when things were looking bad and panic was rife. It would have been easy to lose faith and sell very low, which some people did I am sure.

Dobber Sports Deity

I've had Vasilevskiy ahead of guys like Hellebuyck, Gibson, and Murray for some time now and haven't wavered from that train of thought. I haven't seen enough from the others to move me from that train of thought either. I like all those guys but I have always prefered Vasilevskiy just a little more.