Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Va-sieve-lesky

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Va-sieve-lesky

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    In other news...I fully expect Tampa to hang on to Bishop this year. He's a Free Agent no? Gentleman's handshake with Stevie Y and he can return to defend the crease again next year with his Russian platoon mate. Especially if he wants to win... a Stamkos like move. No idea what Tampa does to fit him in, but if Chicago can make it work with Crawford, Toews, Kane, Panarin, Keith and Seabrook, Tampa should be able to find a way to keep and win with Bishop, Stamkos, Johnson, Kucherov, Drouin, Hedman and Stralman.

Either way, the recent play of Vas and the Boltz does concern me and I'm not so sure Vas is the end all be all for the future in Tampa. Time will tell I suppose.
    To pretend like Chicago and Tampa are similar situations is well...I dunno, just go to capfriendly. First off, Chicago isn't paying their backup $3.5 so they can afford to pay Crawford $6. Chicago has 6 forwards over $1 million, Tampa has 10 after Johnson, Palat, and Drouin get their raises.

Chicago's top 4 paid defensemen make $18 mil, Tampa's make $20.675.

There's not a chance Bishop will be back next season. Because Tampa can't afford $10 million dollars on their goaltending. In short, no team can.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I seem to recall bishop playing unbelievably well in the playoffs and not benefiting from the teams system or defense but coming up with huge saves and playing a good positional game. My opinion is he is a top 5 goalie(when healthy). As far as the glass ball goes though only time will tell what will happen in the crease in TB. ~ My two cents
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs

Dobber Sports Pro

I agree with rataylor.... No chance Bish is in TB next year unless he gives them a massive hometown discount and they move on from a guy like Johnson, Palat or Drouin. Which would be foolish for them to do, imo.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

memo to yzerman: don't hand-cuff yourself with both bishop and vasilevski. you'll end up being forced into a trade down the line and get sub-par value for your goalies.

Signed,
    canuck fan who still gets nightmares about the asset management of Luongo and Schneider
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

The Great One

But using the Canicks analogy... Could this cold spell from Vas mean that the Bolts do re sign Bishop at a discount and lose Vas instead....
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    But using the Canicks analogy... Could this cold spell from Vas mean that the Bolts do re sign Bishop at a discount and lose Vas instead....
    Bishop has no reason to sign at a discount.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    No more reason than Stamkos, Kucherov, or anyone else had. Good tax state on a team they enjoy in a city they like.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterByte View Post
    No more reason than Stamkos, Kucherov, or anyone else had. Good tax state on a team they enjoy in a city they like.
    Stamkos' contract year was an unmitigated disaster for him. I'd hesitate to try to read too much into that.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Pro

Now that Vasi has gotten back on track (1.81 GAA, .942 Save % over last 4 games), anybody have any good stories about how they were able to buy low in keeper leagues when a bunch of people were losing their minds about his prolonged run of poor play?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Fascinating how he's played so well with Bishop back and was imploding when he had to opportunity to run away with the #1

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Fascinating how he's played so well with Bishop back and was imploding when he had to opportunity to run away with the #1
    I would say it was an issue of pressure... but he did great in his Stanley Cup Finals performances against the Pens last year... what could be a more high pressure situation than that?

Like you said, truly fascinating... All I know is that his earlier run of poor play did nothing to shake my long term confidence in him. I think he is going to be a GREAT goalie for a number of years to come.

Dobber Sports Sage

One of Palat or Johnson is getting moved out, IMO. I wouldnt be that surprised if TB moved on from Palat. He has not been great the past 2 years and Killorn is already signed long-term at a decent AAV and has played quite well, he is a solid 2nd line LW at this point. Drouin will be re-signed. Johnson is probably re-signed but there are also arguments you can make for letting him go. He hasnt been great the past two years either. Still think he stays though. Tampa is approaching a crossroads, and will definitely be one of the most interesting teams to watch at the trade deadline and the offseason.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Bishop's play may force him to sign at a discount regardless of what team he signs with....
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Now that Vasi has gotten back on track (1.81 GAA, .942 Save % over last 4 games), anybody have any good stories about how they were able to buy low in keeper leagues when a bunch of people were losing their minds about his prolonged run of poor play?
    Still curious, anybody have any good stories about how they bought low on Vasy earlier this season? Or how they panicked and sold low?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Still curious, anybody have any good stories about how they bought low on Vasy earlier this season? Or how they panicked and sold low?
    Not exactly what youre looking for but it was the most ambitious trade Ive made in several seasons and at every point it looked like I pooched it- but its looking good now- lol! Start of the year- I think maybe 10ish games in? I moved:

Crawford, Kopitar, Parise, and a 4th
    for
    Vas, Forsberg, and Huberdeau, and a 1st

So Forsberg started the year crazy slow and I was second guessing if he was worth pulling the trigger for. I kept telling myself hes got value anyways because we are in a sog heavy league- but he struggled for quite awhile even in the sog department. Fast forward to today and hes in beast mode while Kopitar is stuck in some kind of season long funk. I truly believe Kopis got a lot more jam and will bounce back by next season but this part of the trade already paying dividends.

Next was an injured Huberdeau. Parise was playying relatively well and Minny was torching the league and Huberdeau didnt even have a clear timetable. Fast forward to today and Hoobs going to be just fine. In fact I actually packaged him with Wennberg (who I dont like in our format because he is absolutely allergic to shooting the puck) for Malkin to a re-building team who was worried about Malks injury history.

The last piece was Vas and kind of the most important because you NEED solid tenders to even have a shot in this league- and I had given up one of the best in our format- in Crawford. It was a nightmare to watch Vas struggle so bad. At one point I had on my trade block that he was available for a forward straight up- I even said something to the effect of "doesnt have to be a gamebreaker- just a solid forward asset" - lol! That way I could grab a goalie prospect (Saros) off waivers (we can only ever carry 2 G)- which would have set me back 2-3 years from contending and with only a couple of longshots to bank on long term. It got to the haggling stage and I was looking at a guy like Landeskog- and almost had myself talked into it (my thinking Lundy and Saros for Vas- who was consistently shitting the bed). In any case we we tabled negotiations because I wanted to see what happened after the deadline (and back then I really didnt think TB was even gonna move BB the way Vas was playing). So happy I did- I mean were not even out of the woods yet with Vas but his play has been exponentially better of late. Im starting to feel like he could be challenging Crawfordesque or Crawford-lite totals by next year. If he can then that trade netted returns in value A LOT sooner than I was expecting....