Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Va-sieve-lesky

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Va-sieve-lesky

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    What do the Stars have to do with this? lol
    The stars would rather be lighting up the sky than floating around in circles around Vas' head night after night.

I wonder if he needs glasses, Not saying that trying to be fresh. He took a shot straight from the point to the facemask last night. It looked like a clean shot from the point and it did not look like he saw it. Announcers were too busy gabbing to note that he made the save with his facemask but it clearly rung his bell.

Dobber Sports All-Star

[QUOTE=rataylor22;1719973]Tampa almost went to the cup final with Vas, and they didn't lose because of him.

I would argue Bishop got them most of the way. Bishop played 11 games and Vas played 8. Bishop won 8 of those with a 1.86 GAA and a .939 SV%. Vas won 3 of 8 and had a 2.76 GAA and .925 SV%. I think they would have had a better shot at making it all the way if Bishop had not been injured. Tampa may not have lost solely because of Vas, but he didn't help them much either.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Sage

Watching the PHI TB game. TB is a complete disaster right now. Really missing Stamkos. Boyle, Coburn and Point as well. I'm sure Vasi would be playing a little better with Bishop breathing down his neck too but these goals aren't his fault. Pucks in his end most of the game.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    Watching the PHI TB game. TB is a complete disaster right now. Really missing Stamkos. Boyle, Coburn and Point as well. I'm sure Vasi would be playing a little better with Bishop breathing down his neck too but these goals aren't his fault. Pucks in his end most of the game.
    But a good goalie can steal you a game. He looks horrible. I truly believe he needs glasses. He is daring me to anger cut him but I'll show him! I'll keep running him out there til I'm in last in gaa and sv pct. I can be just as spiteful as the next guy.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Vintage, you're right. Watching the replays, a couple of fluke goals.

Dobber Sports Pro

Season stats going into this game:

Vasi 21 GP, 10 wins, .908 Save%, 2.75 GAA
    Bishop 22 GP, 9 wins, .907 Save%, 2.79 GAA

Obviously after the latest game Bishop's stats will be slightly better than Vasi's... but they both have been equally disappointing overall so far this year. Bishop MUCH more so if you consider draft position / expectations going into the season. The difference in their performance is that Bishop had been consistently underwhelming up until getting injured, while Vasi spent half the time so far looking like a stud and half the time playing like absolute crap. In other words, Vasi has been both the best and worst goalie in TB this year, while Bishop his just been consistently below average.

Dobber Sports Ninja

What a shit show. Lucky I dropped him a few days ago and picked up Andersen.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Season stats going into this game:

Vasi 21 GP, 10 wins, .908 Save%, 2.75 GAA
    Bishop 22 GP, 9 wins, .907 Save%, 2.79 GAA

Obviously after the latest game Bishop's stats will be slightly better than Vasi's... but they both have been equally disappointing overall so far this year. Bishop MUCH more so if you consider draft position / expectations going into the season. The difference in their performance is that Bishop had been consistently underwhelming up until getting injured, while Vasi spent half the time so far looking like a stud and half the time playing like absolute crap. In other words, Vasi has been both the best and worst goalie in TB this year, while Bishop his just been consistently below average.
    True, but Bishop has three years as a quality starting goalie under his belt and deserves the benefit of the doubt that he will once again turn his game around and put up his usually excellent numbers. Vasilevskiy has not proven anything yet and so his poor numbers are more disconcerting.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Pro

Any other masochists out there playing Vasilevskiy at the Pens today? Or am I the only glutton for punishment?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Another stellar outing for Vaseline. His confidence is officially shattered. I'm shocked they even gave him the start tonight.

Dobber Sports Pro

That makes two of us. Despite him saving the first 15 shots he faced, I had no illusions that he would give up any less than 4 goals. Doubt this rut he is in ends until he has had a few games on the bench to collect himself and get his head right.

Still not particularly worried about him long term.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Any other masochists out there playing Vasilevskiy at the Pens today? Or am I the only glutton for punishment?
    Nope. Had Fleury and while I was nervous about starting Mason against CBJ, I knew I couldn't start The Sieve.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    What do the Stars have to do with this? lol
    I was referring to the speculation of Dallas as a possible destination for Bishop either by trade or free agency, which of course would not happen should TB decide that Vas is not ready to carry the load.

RETIRED

Banned

Dallas should not want Bishop, at all. He' not an upgrade on what they have.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Dallas should not want Bishop, at all. He' not an upgrade on what they have.
    Now you're just trolling, Ev.

RETIRED