Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Va-sieve-lesky

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Va-sieve-lesky

What they need is defense. They went from 5th ranked goals against in 2015 to 20th rank this season.

Oh well now that I've ridded myself of Vasi I no longer give a shit about that team. They're a sinking ship this season.

- - - Updated - - -

What they need is defense. They went from 5th ranked goals against in 2015 to 20th rank this season.

Oh well now that I've ridded myself of Vasi I no longer give a shit about that team. They're a sinking ship this season.

The Great One

Tampa will be fine when Bishop returns as he will both stabilise the ship and provide competition in net. As I have said before about Vas performing over a small sample is possible for anyone... Do I then think that he won't do that well when he inherits the net? No but as with any newly announced starter there is always growing pains as they learn to handle the demands....
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Pro

If you don't already own Vasilevskiy, this is the time to strike. There won't be a better buy low period for him the rest of his career. His owner is probably in a panicked fit and ready to move him for a fraction of what it would have taken to get him a few weeks ago.

The talent is not gone. The potential is not gone. Vasilevskiy has been faced with his first legitimate chance to take over the starter job and he choked. These things happen. He will continue to get opportunities, he will find his intestinal fortitude, and one day he will be a damn good goalie. Within the next few years by my reckoning.

Take advantage and strike now. Not in one year leagues, mind you. In keeper leagues, the iron is hot...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Excellent. I'll just wait him out.

Doubt Bishop gets traded now

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent. I'll just wait him out.

Doubt Bishop gets traded now

Dobber Sports Prodigy

he is playing horribly. Early on in the season, I traded Kuznetsov + vaselvskiy for John Gibson. I'm very happy with that trade.
    12 team - 12 keeper Dynasty league H2H
    --------------------------------------------------
    Stats : G A PTS +\- PPP SOG FOW Hits, Blocks, Wins GAA save % Shutout

LW: Gaudreau, Domi, RNH
    C: Mackinnon, Point, Getzlaf
    RW: Kane, Aho, Donato
    D: Hedmen, Subban, Krug, Nurse, Gustafsson

Goalie : Vasilevskiy, Bennington

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cmambro View Post
    he is playing horribly. Early on in the season, I traded Kuznetsov + vaselvskiy for John Gibson. I'm very happy with that trade.
    I would wager you will be regretting that one in a year or two. But I could be completely wrong.

Definitely has worked out well for this year so far.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    If you don't already own Vasilevskiy, this is the time to strike. There won't be a better buy low period for him the rest of his career. His owner is probably in a panicked fit and ready to move him for a fraction of what it would have taken to get him a few weeks ago.

The talent is not gone. The potential is not gone. Vasilevskiy has been faced with his first legitimate chance to take over the starter job and he choked. These things happen. He will continue to get opportunities, he will find his intestinal fortitude, and one day he will be a damn good goalie. Within the next few years by my reckoning.

Take advantage and strike now. Not in one year leagues, mind you. In keeper leagues, the iron is hot...
    I agree with this - in keeper leagues now's the time if you can get him cheap.

In one year leagues... you're ****ed lol

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post
    Technically it's his 3rd season. His second season was not as good as his first and his playoff appearances were pedestrian. It's not like he's being peppered with shots either.
    Tampa almost went to the cup final with Vas, and they didn't lose because of him.

Take out last night's game where Tampa clearly wasn't ready to play, and he has a .900 Sv% since Bishop went down. Take out his last two starts, which pretty clearly he's just had a couple bad games, and he has a .909 Sv%, right around league average. What's happening in this thread? Clearly just a bunch of dudes overreacting to a couple bad starts for no reason.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Tampa almost went to the cup final with Vas, and they didn't lose because of him.

Take out last night's game where Tampa clearly wasn't ready to play, and he has a .900 Sv% since Bishop went down. Take out his last two starts, which pretty clearly he's just had a couple bad games, and he has a .909 Sv%, right around league average. What's happening in this thread? Clearly just a bunch of dudes overreacting to a couple bad starts for no reason.
    Let's just take out all his bad games while we're at it so he can look a superstar!

His save % log since Dec:

Yeah... I think it's more than "just a couple bad games"

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Let's just take out all his bad games while we're at it so he can look a superstar!

Yup for sure. "Last Two" equates to "all". Like I said. 0.910 Sv% since Bishop got hurt. Overreact if you like. That is your right, and that is why good fantasy hockey players stay good, and bad fantasy hockey players stay bad.

Dobber Sports Pro

His recent string of bad games is exactly why he is a great Buy, and a really bad Sell. If I didn't already own him, I would be on the horn trying to find out if his owner in my league is an overreacting panic-stricken sucker.

Anyone on Dobber Forums who is considering bailing on vasi right now and selling low.... Shame on you. Lol

Just kidding. I know everybody here is too smart for that. <3

Banned

- - - Updated - - -

THeir top forwards like Johnson aren't great defensively and Bishop had a very lucky season last year, so it's not surprising to see the dip in goals against. Tampa was one of those very overrated teams coming into the season

Dobber Sports Initiate

You're right. Even if the league average is .910...they are not going far in the playoffs with an average goalie. If any team expects to advance in the playoffs I would think that you can't do it unless your goalie is sporting a minimum .915-917 and is able to steal a game or two. Vas is not there...

Dobber Sports Superstar

Bishop getting injured was the best thing that could've happened to him... this situation has really showed that Vasy's not ready to step up
    Might have been the worst thing that could have happened to the Stars, though. In any case, it will not be easy for the Bolts to re-up Bishop.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Might have been the worst thing that could have happened to the Stars, though. In any case, it will not be easy for the Bolts to re-up Bishop.
    What do the Stars have to do with this? lol