Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Va-sieve-lesky

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Va-sieve-lesky

Jeezus...what's gone wrong?

Just a few weeks ago I was riding a .921 and 2.34 with Va-sieve-lesky, Mason, Murray and Fleury...now I'm at .912 and 2.62...Mason and The Va-Sieve have been horrible. Mason I get, he's started 22 of 24 and even kind of hinted at he's not in shape for this kind of work load (which, of course, you always want to hear your titular #1 say!) but The Va-Sieve is inexplicable. Sure the team is slightly banged up in front of him but gosh, he's been bad.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Va-sieve-lesky

I don't think it's inexplicable that a young goalie in his second season, and first regular season starting role, have some growing pains, especially on a team whose greatest weakness is their defense. I don't think the injuries to some of their best players has helped the team much either.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I picked up Vasi hoping that he steal #1 job, but man he is killing me this week.
    Fleury, Schneider, Elliott and Greiss are the tempting options on my league's wire atm and I am about to drop Vasi now.
    Maybe I expected too much from a young goalie.
    10 Team Yahoo 8 Keeper league(H2H) - Re-drated this year
    18-19 - Champion
    19-20 - Champion
    21-22 - Champion
    22-23 - Champion

2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G (4B, 1IR, 2IR+)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO, 4 Minimum

C: Tavares, Stutzle(LW), Kyrou(RW)
    LW: Guentzel, E.Kane
    RW: M.Tkachuck(LW), Meier(LW), Konecny(LW)
    D: McAvoy, Dobson, Chychrun, Trouba, Mintyukov

G: Hellebuyck, Gustavsson, Husso

IR+: Montour
    IR+: Laine(C,LW,RW)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I don't think it's inexplicable that a young goalie in his second season, and first regular season starting role, have some growing pains, especially on a team whose greatest weakness is their defense. I don't think the injuries to some of their best players has helped the team much either.
    Technically it's his 3rd season. His second season was not as good as his first and his playoff appearances were pedestrian. It's not like he's being peppered with shots either.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I like Fleury and Elliott. They are bringing Elliott along, letting him play and beat the weak sisters to build up his confidence. While Murray isn't an injury risk, his injuries aren't conditioning related, but I don't see Pitts trading Fleury. You already have 2 starters. Just need someone for those peripherals.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I dropped Budaj for him... FML

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I dropped Budaj for him... FML
    I guess that's why they play the games. I don't blame you for that move and I don't think anyone who's being honest would. Sure the Kings have a great system in place (look at the guys who were good in the system and exposed outside of it like Scrivens) but i viewed Budaj as a back up who would get exposed over the long haul, like he did in Montreal and viewed Vas as the go to guy for the Bolts, eventually taking the job full time next season. But he hasn't been good. I guess goalies can develop bad habits, like Mason earlier in the season when the Flyers played poorly in their own zone with turnovers and the like...it forces the goalie to play deeper in the net. During Philly's recent great run, Mason was playing like an all-star because he was able to be more aggressive as the defensive zone lapses waned. Not really sure what to make of Vas. It's not like I'm even asking him to steal a game like Gibson's 55 save effort. I asking him to not have more goals against than saves per period.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Bishop getting injured was the best thing that could've happened to him... this situation has really showed that Vasy's not ready to step up

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Bishop getting injured was the best thing that could've happened to him... this situation has really showed that Vasy's not ready to step up
    Maybe the best thing that could have happened to the Bolts. Maybe now they reconsider resigning/trading Bishop. I still think that, when healthy, there is enough talent and depth to challenge for the cup this season. They're going to need Bishop to make that run.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post
    Maybe the best thing that could have happened to the Bolts. Maybe now they reconsider resigning/trading Bishop. I still think that, when healthy, there is enough talent and depth to challenge for the cup this season. They're going to need Bishop to make that run.
    I agree with this. Perhaps Tampa Bay can now see the forest for the trees. Vas is a premier developing talent, but Bishop is already that talent.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

The Great One

I traded cc for vast and a 1st - fml

Dobber Sports Initiate

well, the only sure way for me to help you fellas out who have Vas is for me to cut him. Once I do that, he'll get red hot and you'll all thank me for it later.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post
    well, the only sure way for me to help you fellas out who have Vas is for me to cut him. Once I do that, he'll get red hot and you'll all thank me for it later.
    Can you do that still this week? My goalies have been a train wreck.

Dobber Sports Ninja

**** it, I just dropped Vaseline and picked up Andersen.

Figured there's no point holding him any further with Bishop coming back in 10 days and Lightning with a 2 game schedule next week.

- - - Updated - - -

**** it, I just dropped Vaseline and picked up Andersen.

Figured there's no point holding him any further with Bishop coming back in 10 days and Lightning with a 2 game schedule next week.

Banned

Tampa isn't good right now. They need stamkos. Tyler Johnson isn't going to cut it.