Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: McDavid for Matthews and Kucherov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: McDavid for Matthews and Kucherov

Vandelay, I'd like to know how this one turns out.

Early in the season I moved Crosby for McDavid in our 1 year league. Our league will now become a partial (5) keeper.
    The other GM wants McDaid back. I was considering asking for Crosby & Matthews to see how serious he is. Would love to know how your trade discussions are resolved. ��

- - - Updated - - -

Vandelay, I'd like to know how this one turns out.

Early in the season I moved Crosby for McDavid in our 1 year league. Our league will now become a partial (5) keeper.
    The other GM wants McDaid back. I was considering asking for Crosby & Matthews to see how serious he is. Would love to know how your trade discussions are resolved. 😎
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Strome, Haula
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Svechnikov-RW/LW, Hathaway
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Benoit, Schneider, Burroughs
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Pro

In your league, I really like this real for you.

In my league ( keep 5 in my sig) I wouldn't trade McDavid.
    12 teams, Yahoo H2H, daily, keep 5.

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN, IR+
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Pettersson
    LW: M.Tkachuk (+RW), Zucker (+RW), Coleman (+RW), N.Foligno (+C)
    RW: Kucherov, Svechnikov (+LW), W.Nylander (+C), Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Hughes,Doughty, Ekblad, Hronek, McNabb, Cernak
    G: Lehner, Grubauer, Francouz
    IR+:

Dobber Sports Stud

So the offer is out to the Matthews/Kucherov owner and I decided it be best to alert a few hand-picked teams that McDavid could be available.. I was immediate sent an offer of "Choose any three of: Tarasenko, Gaudreau, Pasta, Pananrin, OEL, Werenski." He's got Matt Murray, Laine and Eichel hanging around too but is trying to keep them off-limits.

Tank, Gaudreau, Werenski
    vs
    Matthews, Kucherov, and potentially Ghost?

- - - Updated - - -

So the offer is out to the Matthews/Kucherov owner and I decided it be best to alert a few hand-picked teams that McDavid could be available.. I was immediate sent an offer of "Choose any three of: Tarasenko, Gaudreau, Pasta, Pananrin, OEL, Werenski." He's got Matt Murray, Laine and Eichel hanging around too but is trying to keep them off-limits.

Tank, Gaudreau, Werenski
    vs
    Matthews, Kucherov, and potentially Ghost?
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Sage

That's gross. Don't make me choose one or the other! lol

Man that is tough. No knock against Tank or Gaudreau... I love them. But the real prize for me here is Matthews.

McDavid should solidify himself as a top 3 guy for the next 10+ years. I think Matthews will find a permanent spot for himself in the top 5 for the next 10+ years too... while Tank and Johnny bounce up, down and around the top 10-20...

It is tough! Idno... those are just my thoughts!

- - - Updated - - -

That's gross. Don't make me choose one or the other! lol

Man that is tough. No knock against Tank or Gaudreau... I love them. But the real prize for me here is Matthews.

McDavid should solidify himself as a top 3 guy for the next 10+ years. I think Matthews will find a permanent spot for himself in the top 5 for the next 10+ years too... while Tank and Johnny bounce up, down and around the top 10-20...

It is tough! Idno... those are just my thoughts!
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Give me Matthews side

Dobber Sports Wizard

Kucherov side for me but it's awfully close.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ace

For me, I would be making the "pick 3" offer to be Tarasenko/Gaudreau/Panarin, and I think that that's the one that I would be taking.

Am I reading your signature wrong? I swear it says 12 teams, but I think you meant to say 2 teams. One team with Crosby, McDavid, Kane, Benn, Ovi, Letang, Buff, Price, Lundqvist, etc. and the other team, with Eichel, Laine, Tarasenko, Gaudreau, Panarin, OEL, Werenski, Murray, etc. Who are these other 10 guys in your league?!

As I am writing this, I am starting to think that you definitely should trade from the pick 3 guy. There is no way (that I can imagine) that there is anyone else of any significance in your league. So trade this guy, your stiffest competition, McDavid. He gets 100 points out of it, let's say. From him, you take 240 points (80 point average each). In a 12 team league, there is no way that he can come close to making up those points off of the waiver wire. Of course, he could trade off Laine or Eichel for a good return haul, but you cannot control that, and he wouldn't be ahead in the end for doing that, anyway.

Dobber Sports Stud

Now to see if I can start some sort of bidding war. I think I'm leaning Matthews/Kucherov side as well.

The thing that may push me the other way is if its just Kuch and Matthews vs Tank, Johnny AND Werenski. That third piece in the form of a young, dynamic defender if tempting and would help my long term situation on the back end as I have some aging guys that need replacing soon in Giordano and Byfuglien.

- - - Updated - - -

Now to see if I can start some sort of bidding war. I think I'm leaning Matthews/Kucherov side as well.

The thing that may push me the other way is if its just Kuch and Matthews vs Tank, Johnny AND Werenski. That third piece in the form of a young, dynamic defender if tempting and would help my long term situation on the back end as I have some aging guys that need replacing soon in Giordano and Byfuglien.
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Tarasenko + Gaudreau + Panarin
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Dobber Sports Ninja

People get carried away with the McDavid hype train and the fantasy of consistent 100+ point seasons. He's not even pacing for 100 this season and he won't win the art ross.

I'll take Matthews + Kuch which is a virtual lock for 150-160 points any day.

- - - Updated - - -

People get carried away with the McDavid hype train and the fantasy of consistent 100+ point seasons. He's not even pacing for 100 this season and he won't win the art ross.

Dobber Sports Stud

"For me, I would be making the "pick 3" offer to be Tarasenko/Gaudreau/Panarin, and I think that that's the one that I would be taking.

Am I reading your signature wrong? I swear it says 12 teams, but I think you meant to say 2 teams. One team with Crosby, McDavid, Kane, Benn, Ovi, Letang, Buff, Price, Lundqvist, etc. and the other team, with Eichel, Laine, Tarasenko, Gaudreau, Panarin, OEL, Werenski, Murray, etc. Who are these other 10 guys in your league?!

As I am writing this, I am starting to think that you definitely should trade from the pick 3 guy. There is no way (that I can imagine) that there is anyone else of any significance in your league. So trade this guy, your stiffest competition, McDavid. He gets 100 points out of it, let's say. From him, you take 240 points (80 point average each). In a 12 team league, there is no way that he can come close to making up those points off of the waiver wire. Of course, he could trade off Laine or Eichel for a good return haul, but you cannot control that, and he wouldn't be ahead in the end for doing that, anyway."

There's definitely a couple other teams with the horses to compete in this league. One has Giroux, Burns, Josi, Holtby, MacKinnon, Pavelski, Barkov, Wheeler, Voracek, Talbot.

Another has EK, PK, Ehlers, Tavares, Malkin, Scheifele...

But on this topic.. taking the three big forwards is definitely a possibility. I'd drop or try and move Hornqvist and Little for picks to save the drops.

This is going to be a tough decision!

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Stud

I traded mcdavid for giroux kucherov and crosby, so yes people are a little ridiculous. no one is untouchable because that depth sent me to a championship!!!!!!
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Stud

Hurry hurry hurry tell us what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

HURRY HURRY HURRY TELL US WHAT HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with Blayze. Aside from the 2006-2007 season only a handful of players have reached 100+ points in the past 10 years (only two players have done it in the last 5 years). 90 is the new 100. The game has changed a lot even in the last 4-5 years. It's faster, more skilled, and better understood (which allows for better systems and defensive strategies). Penalties called also seem to be inconsistent and generally down.

Hell, even this year I have noticed how little refs are calling blatant hacks & slashes and stick checks/hooks compared to four or five years ago leading to less penalties called (and less goals scored because of it [numbers further below]). It will be interesting to see how the smaller goalie equipment affects things next year... seems to be a pattern where every 10 years the league makes subtle changes and scoring spikes up a bit.

Average goals per game in 1996-97 was 2.92. That dropped to 2.57 goals per game by the 2003-2004 season (0 100 point scorers). Rules were changed and the next, post-lockout season it soared to 3.08 goals per game (7 100 point scorers). This season there is an average of 2.72 goals are scored per game of which 0.59 are on the powerplay vs. the 2006-2007 season where 2.95 goals were scored (-0.23 goals per game decrease today) / 0.89 on the powerplay (-0.30 PP goals per game decrease today).

Now, all of that said, if there are only 1 or 2 guys hitting 100 points over the course of the next decade (as has been the case over the past decade with one or two exceptional seasons that saw 4 or 5 guys hitting the mark), McDavid has got to be the heavy favourite with Matthews right behind him.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Whichever deal you take, you need to move McDavid. You will get a main player back that is within 10-20 points of him, and a few more who are in the same range.

It's lot like the Lindros deal in real life, where there was bidding for the next superduperstar. Unfortunately, the Flyers gave up the best player in that deal in Forsberg.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.