Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: McDavid for Matthews and Kucherov

Dobber Sports Stud

Default McDavid for Matthews and Kucherov

Hey team,

This is more of a checking the temperature discussion. I've had numerous talks with another GM about acquiring Kucherov off him. He's got one heck of a firm grip on the Russian sniper - and for good reason. He keeps coming back to McDavid as the only piece that would get Kucherov (and obviously more) in return.

While no legit offer has been made on either side, I'm curious to hear some thoughts around a Matthews + Kucherov for McDavid deal and whether that would even be close.

I would likely push for another piece to head back my way as well - a lotto 1st rounder, Gostisbehere, Fabbri, Saad.. type idea.

Would you entertain a Kucherov, Matthews+ deal for the white whale?

Cheers!
    Rep. Rep.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: McDavid for Matthews and Kucherov

If I already had reasonable supporting cast then yes I would deal Matthews & Kucherov for McJesus. I wouldn't lose too much sleep with dealing Matthews but losing Kucherov could hurt. It's a fair price for McDavid and if I had him, I would demand just as much coming back.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Wizard

No way would I deal Matthews and Kucherov for McDavid. Let's not get carried away here. McDavid is the best player but not by that much.

- - - Updated - - -

No way would I deal Matthews and Kucherov for McDavid. Let's not get carried away here. McDavid is the best player but not by that much.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Stud

It'd be me moving McDavid so I feel the same way, that another plus would likely be needed. It's tempting to consider having Kucherov, Matthews and another piece like Ghost filling in my roster. Always daunting to consider moving McDavid though... very scary business.

- - - Updated - - -

It'd be me moving McDavid so I feel the same way, that another plus would likely be needed. It's tempting to consider having Kucherov, Matthews and another piece like Ghost filling in my roster. Always daunting to consider moving McDavid though... very scary business.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Ooooh really eh.. you think that would be me demanding far too much eh?
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Gainer nailed it for me.

I can see both Kuch and Matthews striving for 80-90 each year, while McDavid stretches for 100+.

Give me 160 - 180 points in a year over 100 - 110.

And if it's for you team in sig, then damn... you already have Crosby. Adding Matthews and Kuch to Crosby, Kane, Benn, Ovie etc and your goalies? I don't think you will miss McDavid, short of the prestige of owning him.

- - - Updated - - -

Gainer nailed it for me.

I can see both Kuch and Matthews striving for 80-90 each year, while McDavid stretches for 100+.

Give me 160 - 180 points in a year over 100 - 110.

And if it's for you team in sig, then damn... you already have Crosby. Adding Matthews and Kuch to Crosby, Kane, Benn, Ovie etc and your goalies? I don't think you will miss McDavid, short of the prestige of owning him.

Dobber Sports Stud

I like this move for you, Matthews and Kucherov would be awesome additions to an already stacked team!
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Sage

I'd probably do that.

You'd be getting full price for McDavid here. I firmly believe Matthews is right behind McDavid as the #2 long-term player to own in keeper/dynasty leagues.

This deal is sort of like getting Malkin + Stamkos for Crosby 7 or 8 years ago. Or Benn + Kane for Crosby 2 or 3 years ago... Amazing how Sid has been at the top of the game for so long now...
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Vega and Vibe don't seem to understand that you would be the one moving McDavid out and welcoming Kuch and Matthews in.

Once the goes off, Seems to me that they too would concur.

AM I Wrong?

Excellent Return on McDavid for you sir.

- - - Updated - - -

Vega and Vibe don't seem to understand that you would be the one moving McDavid out and welcoming Kuch and Matthews in.

AM I Wrong?

Excellent Return on McDavid for you sir.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post

AM I Wrong?
    Nope, not wrong! Funny how both VV's replied that way. I was reading off his response to be honest! Updated my own response. I like this deal for you, CJD!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post

AM I Wrong?
    Nope, not wrong! Funny how both VV's replied that way. I was reading off his response to be honest! Updated my own response. I like this deal for you, CJD!
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well, it makes no difference which way the direction of the trade goes, as long as my preference was clear

Good deal for you if you can get Kucherov and Matthews for McDavid but I would never make that deal if |I were the Kuch+Matthews owner.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

lol... VintageVibe is messing with my mind. I posted that and then re-read what he wrote and clearly he's one of the guys who's able to edit posts at the moment.

Just to confirm Vibe, the following was what you ORIGINALLY Posted correct?

"Sort of like dishing Malkin + Stamkos for Crosby 8 or 9 years ago.

Not sure I would do that.

You'd be paying full price for McDavid. I firmly believe Matthews is right behind McDavid as the #2 player to own in keeper/dynasty leagues. "

Seem unanimous to me.

- - - Updated - - -

lol... VintageVibe is messing with my mind. I posted that and then re-read what he wrote and clearly he's one of the guys who's able to edit posts at the moment.

Just to confirm Vibe, the following was what you ORIGINALLY Posted correct?

"Sort of like dishing Malkin + Stamkos for Crosby 8 or 9 years ago.

Not sure I would do that.

You'd be paying full price for McDavid. I firmly believe Matthews is right behind McDavid as the #2 player to own in keeper/dynasty leagues. "

Seem unanimous to me.

- - - Updated - - -

this delay and duplicate posts and inability for ME to edit is driving me nuts. Sorry for the constant posts Vibe... I'm not seeing your responses until after. argh.

- - - Updated - - -

this delay and duplicate posts and inability for ME to edit is driving me nuts. Sorry for the constant posts Vibe... I'm not seeing your responses until after. argh.

Dobber Sports Stud

This is all very enlightening!

I guess I have been seeing McDavid as such a premier piece that it would take even more to wrangle him away from me. I just sent over an offer of my McDavid and Boeser for Matthews, Kucherov and Ghost.

Let's see how this shakes out!

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Sage

LOL, havana! I've always been one to re-read my original post and touch it up instead of making a new post (usually do so before someone replies! but you beat me to the punch this time). Have you tried right clicking on "Edit Post" and opening it a new tab? That's how I am getting away with it anyway.

As for your trade offer, CJD, that is a return on McDavid I think you can be happy with.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL I've always been one to re-read my original post and touch it up (usually do so before someone replies! but you beat me to the punch this time). Have you tried right clicking on "Edit Post" and opening it a new tab? That's how I am getting away with it anyway.
    RW
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Stud

I agrre, that the double posts are really challenging right now! Once we get over to this new server, hopefully all the bugs will be sorted out.

- - - Updated - - -

I agrre, that the double posts are really challenging right now! Once we get over to this new server, hopefully all the bugs will be sorted out.

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    LOL, havana! I've always been one to re-read my original post and touch it up instead of making a new post (usually do so before someone replies! but you beat me to the punch this time). Have you tried right clicking on "Edit Post" and opening it a new tab? That's how I am getting away with it anyway.

As for your trade offer, CJD, that is a return on McDavid I think you can be happy with.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL I've always been one to re-read my original post and touch it up (usually do so before someone replies! but you beat me to the punch this time). Have you tried right clicking on "Edit Post" and opening it a new tab? That's how I am getting away with it anyway.
    Yup! Just saw Praba's post. This is like a breath of fresh air until a fix is achieved. Those duplicates where horrible and bogging me down... hence each of my comments filtering in after your edits clearly answered my questions.

much better until a fix is achieved.

and to the OP... I think addint GHOST in may be a little bit of a reach, but if he goes for that then CHA CHING! Even better. If he balks... I'd still do and be very happy with Matty and Kuch for McD.