Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SUPERBOWL PICK - 1 Team. I'm not feeling it. Help a fella out... who will win?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default SUPERBOWL PICK - 1 Team. I'm not feeling it. Help a fella out... who will win?

Simply stated, of the teams headed into the playoffs, who do YOU think will with the Superbowl?

I have 1 pick. I personally don't feel invested in it this year, but I can't skip my annual pick pool. Help win me some $$$

Thanks folks.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: SUPERBOWL PICK - 1 Team. I'm not feeling it. Help a fella out... who will win?

I mean.....I think New England is a lock for the AFC Final at least......which is more than I can say about anyone else in the league as I could see Pittsburgh beat KC, Seattle upset Atlanta and GB/NYG upset Dallas...assuming my round 1 predictions go as planned.

My pick right now....Atlanta Falcons over NE

- - - Updated - - -

I mean.....I think New England is a lock for the AFC Final at least......which is more than I can say about anyone else in the league as I could see Pittsburgh beat KC, Seattle upset Atlanta and GB/NYG upset Dallas...assuming my round 1 predictions go as planned.

My pick right now....Atlanta Falcons over NE

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: SUPERBOWL PICK - 1 Team. I'm not feeling it. Help a fella out... who will win?

NE is my pick. They have a defence that has the ability to slow down any team enough to let their offensive weapons do their thing.

- - - Updated - - -

NE is my pick. They have a defence that has the ability to slow down any team enough to let their offensive weapons do their thing.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

NE will win again and the world will be worse for it.

Sorry, but did my hate for NE show through lol? I can't stand the team but they seem to have the best chance to me of winning it. Here's hoping for the Giants to make it to the final and impose their voodoo magic on them

- - - Updated - - -

NE will win again and the world will be worse for it.

Sorry, but did my hate for NE show through lol? I can't stand the team but they seem to have the best chance to me of winning it. Here's hoping for the Giants to make it to the final and impose their voodoo magic on them

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks folks.

So
    3 think NE will win show in the Bowl and 2 think they will win
    1 thinks Atlanta will surprise a victory over NE
    1 thinks NYG will put in a showing vs NE and perhaps impose some voodoo.

any others?

Seems NE>ATL>NYG is the break down at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks folks.

So
    3 think NE will win show in the Bowl and 2 think they will win
    1 thinks Atlanta will surprise a victory over NE
    1 thinks NYG will put in a showing vs NE and perhaps impose some voodoo.

any others?

Seems NE>ATL>NYG is the break down at the moment.

Packers vs. Patriots

Packers in the "upset"

...I have to go off the beaten path for this one. If I were to put money on the game w/odds that would be the route I would go.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

I pick up a dart, close my eyes, throw said dart at a wall where I have hung all twelve team logos, and hit...

Seattle.

Why not?

- - - Updated - - -

I pick up a dart, close my eyes, throw said dart at a wall where I have hung all twelve team logos, and hit...

Seattle.

Why not?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Padawan

My answer is extremely biased here (come playoff time I'm far less objective, haha)

But, NYG take the Superbowl over the Patriots for the 3rd time. Right after they steamroll the Cowboys... for the 3rd time (this year)!!!!
    They just have to get past this playoff game in Lambeau.... for the 3rd time! (last decade)

If there is one thing the Giants do well, its come up big at the right moments. And they easily have the talent and coaching staff to get it done. We have also seen that Manning's don't drop off too much until 38-39yrs old, haha.
    I would be much happier if JPP was at full health, but my $ is still on the giants.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Ya the NYG/GB game is easily the most intriguing of the weekend.

No one actually thinks Seattle or Pitt will lose....they're only interesting if you bet because of the high spreads.

Oak/Hous is going to be god awful....and the winner gets New England.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya the NYG/GB game is easily the most intriguing of the weekend.

No one actually thinks Seattle or Pitt will lose....they're only interesting if you bet because of the high spreads.

Oak/Hous is going to be god awful....and the winner gets New England.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Think I'm leaning New England (pretty sure many others will as well) and a tie break cumulative score of 43

Or

I'll go all in on Atlanta. Drives me nuts cause my wife is a falcons fan and I'm a self loathing Saints fan. Sigh. Bodes well.

- - - Updated - - -

Think I'm leaning New England (pretty sure many others will as well) and a tie break cumulative score of 43

Or

I'll go all in on Atlanta. Drives me nuts cause my wife is a falcons fan and I'm a self loathing Saints fan. Sigh. Bodes well.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I am going BOLD

Pittsburgh
    over New England
    Giants
    over Atlanta

Pittsburgh over Giants

Dobber Sports Ace

cowboys gunna roll and take it all
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot

Dobber Sports Initiate

GBP
    ---------
    12 team ESPN H2H
    auction draft (260 budget)
    limited keeper (4 keepers)
    2016-17 Champion, 2017-18 Runner-up
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW
    W,SO,GAA,SV%
    Start 1 LW/C/RW, 3 D, 3 Util, 2 G

C - Eichel, Hischier,
    LW -
    RW -
    D - Hamilton,
    G - Hellebuyck

Packer Fan

I'm still liking my GB v. NE pick with the Packers taking it. However, I believe the Steelers have a long shot to upset the Pats. Both GB and PIT have the requisite player personnel to attack NE's one weakness: the long ball and outside the numbers intermediate throws. Is that 2?

Anyway, the Packers obviously need Jordy Nelson to be healthy and the Steelers need Roethlisberger to significantly improve his road play in order for either scenario to occur.

Excited to watch the Steelers/Chiefs and Hawks/GB games. Houston doesn't a chance. Anyone better the spread in the game? I think the pats are getting 16.
    @SmittysRant

Welp. After watching this past weekend's games, I have decided to alter my projection a tad. First, Jordy Nelson absolutely needs to return this week if the Packers want to beat Atlanta, much less win the championship. The winner of the GB/ATL game will win the whole thing, and after watch ATL play on Saturday I have to say I came away very impressed and am leaning toward them for the win.

Looking like great divisional championship round match-ups. Should be a solid weekend of football.
    @SmittysRant