Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SUPERBOWL PICK - 1 Team. I'm not feeling it. Help a fella out... who will win?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: SUPERBOWL PICK - 1 Team. I'm not feeling it. Help a fella out... who will win?

It's New England and Brady going in the AFC..Ben has a seriously bad track record on the road. No TDs again this past week....and Alex Smith is no Brady.

Just can't decide NFC although I agree Jordy would swing things

- - - Updated - - -

It's New England and Brady going in the AFC..Ben has a seriously bad track record on the road. No TDs again this past week....and Alex Smith is no Brady.

Just can't decide NFC although I agree Jordy would swing things

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: SUPERBOWL PICK - 1 Team. I'm not feeling it. Help a fella out... who will win?

Atlanta vs NEP. Who would have picked that matchup 20 weeks ago? NEP are a 3pt fave right now, and I agree the Falcons are the underdogs, but we’ve underestimated them this whole yr, wonder if they can prove us wrong one more time? I’m certainly cheering for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Atlanta vs NEP. Who would have picked that matchup 20 weeks ago? NEP are a 3pt fave right now, and I agree the Falcons are the underdogs, but we?ve underestimated them this whole yr, wonder if they can prove us wrong one more time? I?m certainly cheering for them.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Should be a fantastic game

Dobber Sports Jedi

One side of me wants to see Atl win - it's always fun when NE loses...

Another side of me really really wants to see the Commish give Brady that trophy.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

It would be cool for Brady to cement his legacy with a 5th Super Bowl, and the picture of having 5 rings on would be cool, but a Super Bowl for Atlanta would be better for the league. The last few yrs the Super Bowl has been about defenses (Broncos, Seahawks, Panthers) but if Atlanta wins, the league might shift to a “we’ll win 30-20 and make our defense our offense. If we have the ball for 8minutes/drive you’ll have less time to score”.

I want Julio to just destroy, get it to him early and often.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be cool for Brady to cement his legacy with a 5th Super Bowl, and the picture of having 5 rings on would be cool, but a Super Bowl for Atlanta would be better for the league. The last few yrs the Super Bowl has been about defenses (Broncos, Seahawks, Panthers) but if Atlanta wins, the league might shift to a ?we?ll win 30-20 and make our defense our offense. If we have the ball for 8minutes/drive you?ll have less time to score?.

I want Julio to just destroy, get it to him early and often.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Atlant is gonna need to pound the run and move that clock in order to win. Keep the ball away from Brady and don't get enamored with the deep plays. I know that is going away from what has been successful but the Pats are just so good!

Dobber Sports Titan

Whoever wins the toss better accept the kick. Make the other team chase you all game. The Pats are great at taking away your main weapon (Julio Jones, Brown) and making you beat them with your secondary tools. But with the Falcons, their secondary tools can be teams primary tools (Sanu, Freeman, Coleman). So it’ll be interesting who the Pats want to focus on.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoever wins the toss better accept the kick. Make the other team chase you all game. The Pats are great at taking away your main weapon (Julio Jones, Brown) and making you beat them with your secondary tools. But with the Falcons, their secondary tools can be teams primary tools (Sanu, Freeman, Coleman). So it?ll be interesting who the Pats want to focus on.

Sticking with Atlanta here, although I will say there is VERY [see: no] room for error on their part. That said, their multi-personnel sets and having two RBs that can double as slot receivers will pose a major problem for the Pats. Butler will need help over the top in cover Julio. Should be a fun one, but I'm riding ATL to the win.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

Who wins MVP? You get 2 guesses, one for each team, and they can’t be QBs because that makes it just too easy.

Atlanta: Sanu. Julio will be covered with double teams, opening up Sanu all day. Julio will get a lot of Slants, and quick throws, but won’t be able to break it open because the Pats focus on making you win with your Secondary options. Julio will get a couple of solid toe tappers on the sidelines, but Sanu will be the WR with the big numbers and the game winning TD.

Pats: Bennett. Bennett will go beast mode. Running with 2-3 guys on his back, making major blocks all day, have 2 TDs, both wide open down the middle for a 15-20yrd TD.

- - - Updated - - -

Who wins MVP? You get 2 guesses, one for each team, and they can?t be QBs because that makes it just too easy.

Atlanta: Sanu. Julio will be covered with double teams, opening up Sanu all day. Julio will get a lot of Slants, and quick throws, but won?t be able to break it open because the Pats focus on making you win with your Secondary options. Julio will get a couple of solid toe tappers on the sidelines, but Sanu will be the WR with the big numbers and the game winning TD.

Pats: Bennett. Bennett will go beast mode. Running with 2-3 guys on his back, making major blocks all day, have 2 TDs, both wide open down the middle for a 15-20yrd TD.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Did the Pats just wait until this week to let news leak about Falcons and painkillers in 2010.

http://www.flamboroughreview.com/spo...f-painkillers/

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Did the Pats just wait until this week to let news leak about Falcons and painkillers in 2010.

http://www.flamboroughreview.com/spo...f-painkillers/
    WOW
    I'm with you there... how could this not have been delayed another 5 days.
    Look at us just trying to find out how/if the Pats are playing dirty, haha

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by MasterByte View Post
    WOW
    I'm with you there... how could this not have been delayed another 5 days.
    Look at us just trying to find out how/if the Pats are playing dirty, haha
    Although Im surprised they waited until after media day

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Although Im surprised they waited until after media day
    I hope most the team is in retreat-and-ignore-the-media mode, however unlikely that sounds.
    Atlanta winning the Superbowl would just be such an insane story! Here's hoping for a shootout Sunday!