Thread: [Waived] Anton Khudobin & Matt Nieto

Dobber Sports Deity

Default [Waived] Anton Khudobin & Matt Nieto

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/01/0...in-on-waivers/

BOSTON (CBS) ? The Boston Bruins have not gotten the performance they had hoped for out of backup goaltender Anton Khudobin. As a result, the team is willing to run the risk of losing him to the waiver process.

According to Sportsnet?s Chris Johnston, Khudobin was placed on waivers on Wednesday.

Anthon Khudobin (BOS) and Matt Nieto (SJ) both placed on waivers today.

? Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) January 4, 2017

The move allows any team to claim Khudobin. It?s a necessary step for the Bruins if they want to send Khudobin down to Providence of the AHL, which is presumably the plan.

Khudobin has played in eight games with seven starts this year, posting a 1-5-1 record, .885 save percentage and 3.06 goals-against average. Those are by far the worst numbers of his NHL career, which dates back to the 2009-10 season.

Currently, Providence goaltender Zane McIntyre leads the AHL with a 1.41 GAA and .951 save percentage. He would be the likeliest candidate to get the call to back up Tuukka Rask on the NHL roster. Malcolm Subban?s .902 save percentage and 3.01 GAA likely means he?ll remain with Providence.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: [Waived] Anton Khudobin & Matt Nieto

I doubt either gets claimed. Maybe a team will take a shot at Nieto, but I can't see it.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt either gets claimed. Maybe a team will take a shot at Nieto, but I can't see it.

The Great One

Khudobin has played his last NHL game. Not his last pro game - just done in the NHL.

Nieto was a jack of few trades and master of even fewer. He'd have probably done better for himself had he focused on one aspect of his game over another. But he chose to rely on his overall talent, which in the end wasn't enough. I think he goes to the AHL and maybe gets one more shot somewhere, but his days as a regular are likely done.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Administrator

I give it like 1% chance Carolina claims Khudobin after what happened with Lack. But even in a worst case scenario I'd look elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

I give it like 1% chance Carolina claims Khudobin after what happened with Lack. But even in a worst case scenario I'd look elsewhere.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont see either getting claimed either. Maybe, maaaaaybe Nieto but I will be surprised.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont see either getting claimed either. Maybe, maaaaaybe Nieto but I will be surprised.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Apparently the Sharks expect Nieto to get claimed, but I don't see it. Seems like every team has a guy like that already.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently the Sharks expect Nieto to get claimed, but I don't see it. Seems like every team has a guy like that already.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Is Nieto getting waived so they can keep La Banc up?

- - - Updated - - -

Is Nieto getting waived so they can keep La Banc up?

The Great One

Khudobin unclaimed (not a shock), but Nieto went to Colorado. Maybe a trade is in the works, or they intend to give him time in hopes of sending a message to their veterans?
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Deity

Time to bring up the hottest Bruin not playing in Boston, Zane McIntyre. Hopefully he can come in and give Rask a night off or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Time to bring up the hottest Bruin not playing in Boston, Zane McIntyre. Hopefully he can come in and give Rask a night off or two.