Thread: Is There Any merit to trading Helle for Schneider as my 3rd G?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Is There Any merit to trading Helle for Schneider as my 3rd G?

Am I crazy to consider moving the Future of Helle and the Jets for the present of Schneider and the less than exciting Devils?

Just go back to the Brodeur days who was arguably the best in the biz on a less than exciting Devils.

Could this type of move be foresight to boot with schneids grossly under achieving? Or am I mortgaging a bright future to acquire the lesser goalie now (based on my cats) and looking forward?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Is There Any merit to trading Helle for Schneider as my 3rd G?

Some zany ideas you are having lately. Step away from the keyboard. Go have a few cocktails and relax for a while.
    There is literally nothing at all in common between the current Devils and the Devils from the Brodeur golden age. Nothing.
    Wins are huge for you in your scoring system. The Devils are a long way away from winning, if ever. I cant imagine Schneider is a very good own in your format. Winnipeg has one of the most exciting futures in hockey, dont throw that situation away just because Helle is having a few growing pains. If I owned Schneider in your format and someone came along and offered me Helle for him, I would jump out of my chair and do a happy dance, then probably break several fingers mashing the accept button.It was foolishly optimistic if you thought he was going to be a Vezina finalist in his first full season in the league. He is one of the best young futures assets you can own in a keep many format. The only young Gs I would rather have are Murray and Gibson (oh, I do have them!). Trust your instincts. Be patient and let the thing marinate. Things are going to get better for you now that Crawford is back. His absence is why you lost a little ground, you should regain some of your cushion soon.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

10-4 boss! The idea was pitched to me. Which is why I brought it here...and reaped the benefits and support of the community.

Thanks fella!

Nothing to see here.

- - - Updated - - -

10-4 boss! The idea was pitched to me. Which is why I brought it here...and reaped the benefits and support of the community.

Thanks fella!

Nothing to see here.

Dobber Sports Master

I'd consider it if Save% and GA were categories, but Doug G. nailed it when he wrote "I can't imagine Schneider is a very good own in your format." If it is Wins you be needing, the Devils are farther away from acquiring them readily than the Jets are.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Deity

No offense to DG or anyone else around here, but Hellebuyck isn't exactly lighting it up in the W column himself and until they find a way to improve their backend, I don't see Winnipeg taking the next step forward any time soon. It could get worse before it gets better if they go and trade Trouba as some seem to think is a possibility.

I am not saying Schneider is going to offer much more for W in the short term as I think NJ's D is even worse than WPGs, but I think Schneider is a hell of a lot better goalie than Hellebuyck.

Thankfully this is your 3rd option and not your #1 option you have to worry about.

I do agree that I'd hold Hellebuyck for now because he's your 3rd option, but I am not 100% sold that he is going to be all we think he is around these parts. At least not until WPG does something to improve their defensive system.

- - - Updated - - -

No offense to DG or anyone else around here, but Hellebuyck isn't exactly lighting it up in the W column himself and until they find a way to improve their backend, I don't see Winnipeg taking the next step forward any time soon. It could get worse before it gets better if they go and trade Trouba as some seem to think is a possibility.

I am not saying Schneider is going to offer much more for W in the short term as I think NJ's D is even worse than WPGs, but I think Schneider is a hell of a lot better goalie than Hellebuyck.

Thankfully this is your 3rd option and not your #1 option you have to worry about.

I do agree that I'd hold Hellebuyck for now because he's your 3rd option, but I am not 100% sold that he is going to be all we think he is around these parts. At least not until WPG does something to improve their defensive system.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."