Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New fantasy hockey website

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default New fantasy hockey website

I've created a very simple, content based website that provides essential info for anyone involved in fantasy hockey.

It includes a daily list of fantasy hockey related articles that I find around the web (Dobber Hockey articles are the most prominent), along with a fantasy hockey twitter collection, among other things.

Check it out, and give me your feedback.

Here is the address: http://myfantasyhockeyhub.com

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: New fantasy hockey website

Awesome thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome thanks
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Wizard

Thanks! That page goes straight to my favorites. Dobber's main page is so horrible that I always avoid it if I can but I still like the articles, so this way I can find them without ever going to the Dobber main page. Exactly what I needed.

Could you add DobberProspects articles there as well? Just the articles, not the player profile updates. Those would just make it too difficult to find the content anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! That page goes straight to my favorites. Dobber's main page is so horrible that I always avoid it if I can but I still like the articles, so this way I can find them without ever going to the Dobber main page. Exactly what I needed.

Could you add DobberProspects articles there as well? Just the articles, not the player profile updates. Those would just make it too difficult to find the content anymore.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Hey Jouko-Pouko, sure thing, I will add the articles from DobberProspects as well.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Well done sir. Thank you for this. Added and bookmarked
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Dobber's main page is so horrible that I always avoid it if I can.
    Hi can you tell me more? PM me please. Is this something that improved load speed will fix? Because a new server is being prepped and I'm guaranteed a huge difference in load times
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The Great One

I agree with adding the prospects stuff - with the main content I have notifications on on Twitter which means I can find them straight off but I find the prospects guys don't always tweet when a new ramblings are up and missed a few!
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Wolverine

Hopefully you'll enjoy your stay and contribute to the community as well. It would give you more credibility to become a known forum user, rather than someone who has just joined to promote a website. Gaining this trust among members should also help provide further exposure to your site.

Good luck and welcome to the forum community.

Dobber Sports Pro

I like it. Added it to my home screen. A bunch of reads at your fingertips. Great!
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Rookie

Hi horrorfan, I've been frequenting DobberHockey almost since its inception, but I have not participated a lot in the forums, so I will work on that as suggested.

Take care!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi horrorfan, I've been frequenting DobberHockey almost since its inception, but I have not participated a lot in the forums, so I will work on that as suggested.

Take care!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Ok, so some of the links weren't working properly as the extension I was using to copy/paste links crapped out on me. They should all be fixed now. I also added links to daily scoring leaders and line combos/starting goalies.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Hi can you tell me more? PM me please. Is this something that improved load speed will fix? Because a new server is being prepped and I'm guaranteed a huge difference in load times
    I think he might be referring to the overall layout. It looks like a bunch of clickbait all jammed into one tight space and doesn't have a clean, sharp feel to it. I know how much work goes into website design and functionality, but I very rarely click on anything on the main page myself.

Also, there is a thread in the Lounge about how many of us are experiencing various problems with the forum. Any update on when everything (double posts, inability to "Reply with Quote", inability to reply (unless you click twice on it), inability to edit posts, inability to post pictures, and so on, etc.) will be fixed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I think he might be referring to the overall layout. It looks like a bunch of clickbait all jammed into one tight space and doesn't have a clean, sharp feel to it. I know how much work goes into website design and functionality, but I very rarely click on anything on the main page myself.

Also, there is a thread in the Lounge about how many of us are experiencing various problems with the forum. Any update on when everything (double posts, inability to "Reply with Quote", inability to reply (unless you click twice on it), inability to edit posts, inability to post pictures, and so on, etc.) will be fixed?
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Rookie

If anyone knows of any more sites with regular articles on fantasy hockey, let me know so I can include them in my list as well.

Dobber Sports Sage

Looks good!

- - - Updated - - -

Looks good!
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Guru

Some Podcasts worth adding for Fantasty:

DailyPDOcast is awesome. Lots of stats and analysis.
    Jeff Marek ranks the draft prospects each month in a podcast (can't recall the name right now). Good commentary on future NHLers.

- - - Updated - - -

Some Podcasts worth adding for Fantasty:

DailyPDOcast is awesome. Lots of stats and analysis.
    Jeff Marek ranks the draft prospects each month in a podcast (can't recall the name right now). Good commentary on future NHLers.

- - - Updated - - -

Not letting me edit -- it's Hockey PDO Cast, not daily.
    And Marek's is Sportsnet's Draft Rankings

- - - Updated - - -

Not letting me edit -- it's Hockey PDO Cast, not daily.
    And Marek's is Sportsnet's Draft Rankings
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev