Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Mantha

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Monster Mantha

Yeah, 80 pts next year is completely unrealistic. But it is probably time to move this conversation over to a new thread titled "Don't Sleep on Anthony Mantha... He will score 70 points minimum next year".

Dobber Sports Pro

He is looking like could be the real deal, and solid at both ends of the rink.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Immortal

Lol ya I know....Im just being a shit. He does look good though.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Lol ya I know....Im just being a shit. He does look good though.
    Everything I am saying drips with sarcasm too. Hehe

Dobber Sports Apprentice

No points tonight but he always seemed to be getting chances and not scared to get into scrums. Also he has some wheels catching marchand on the breakaway in overtime
    12 team with 15 keepers weekly H2H categories (G,A,P.P.P,S.O.G,F.W,Hits,Blks,Pims, G.A.A,SV%,Wins and S.O)
    C/W Schenn Lindholm Keller Namestnikov PLD schmaltz
    C Giroux Stamkos Schiefele Kadri Brassard
    W Gaudreau Okposo Mantha Gallagher Rantanen beauviller
    D Byfuglien Josi Keith Jones Gudas Ellis
    G Schnieder ​Hellebuyck
    I.R Shaw
    Prospects (25 games or less)
    Gilles

Dobber Sports Apprentice

9:51 in ice time tonight?? Scoreless in last 5?

🤔

Dobber Sports Sage

It was a nice run, but it had to end some time.

Dobber Sports Jedi

So now that they dust is settling on the Mantha hype train... Pretty sure there's a few flop trains floating around this forum too over the past couple of years. I am currently re-making my roster in a dynasty league - not league in sig. H2H multi-cat hits, pim, shots, all cats.

I have been offered Mantha for one of my two 1sts and a 2nd round pick. The 1st would be a top 5 pick in this years draft and the second would be in the 15-20 range. Is Mantha worth it? My concern is he's on a Det. team that shows no signs of life, Nyquist, Tatar are in their second year of flopping. Vanek - will be gone, A defence that offers zero excitement and not a tonne of high end guys coming to help him. Larkin, which one is the real one? last year, this year?

I'd rather hold my top 5 pick if he's going to be a 50-55pt player. If he's a 65+pt guy, That's worth the price.

He's a real polarizing prospect for me.

- - - Updated - - -

So now that they dust is settling on the Mantha hype train... Pretty sure there's a few flop trains floating around this forum too over the past couple of years. I am currently re-making my roster in a dynasty league - not league in sig. H2H multi-cat hits, pim, shots, all cats.

I have been offered Mantha for one of my two 1sts and a 2nd round pick. The 1st would be a top 5 pick in this years draft and the second would be in the 15-20 range. Is Mantha worth it? My concern is he's on a Det. team that shows no signs of life, Nyquist, Tatar are in their second year of flopping. Vanek - will be gone, A defence that offers zero excitement and not a tonne of high end guys coming to help him. Larkin, which one is the real one? last year, this year?

I'd rather hold my top 5 pick if he's going to be a 50-55pt player. If he's a 65+pt guy, That's worth the price.

He's a real polarizing prospect for me.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Banned

I just dropped Mantha. I never saw him as a big time prospect.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    In a yearly league ya Id cut bait.....wouldn't in a keeper though.

Dobber Sports Jedi

You also thought Marner was a grade below Nylander and Matthews...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    You also thought Marner was a grade below Nylander and Matthews...
    No I think Nylander and Marner are both a grade below Matthews, with Nylander being distant third.

Dobber Sports Jedi

No I think Nylander and Marner are both a grade below Matthews, with Nylander being distant third.
    Not trying to start anything... buuuut... You need to eat your words on this one:

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...h+marner+sheik

Post #25: Marner is the new Ryan Strome. Don't see him translating well (in terms of upside) to the NHL. Pullujarvi is the more skilled, better all around prospect, and would be taken over Marner in a redraft right now.

Marner is leading Rookie Scoring. Mathews is ahead physically now, Long term, they're a two headed monster and will be on par, I agree Nylander is a distant third right now... he'll close the gap when he physically mature, but will always be a projected lower.

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't own Mantha fan and I'm not a Wings fan, but I think Mantha has solid upside, he can be 60-65pts player IMO.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Not trying to start anything... buuuut... You need to eat your words on this one:

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...h+marner+sheik

Post #25: Marner is the new Ryan Strome. Don't see him translating well (in terms of upside) to the NHL. Pullujarvi is the more skilled, better all around prospect, and would be taken over Marner in a redraft right now.

Marner is leading Rookie Scoring. Mathews is ahead physically now, Long term, they're a two headed monster and will be on par, I agree Nylander is a distant third right now... he'll close the gap when he physically mature, but will always be a projected lower.
    I'm not eating any words there. How is that related to what you just said ("You also thought Marner was a grade below Nylander and Matthews...")? That has nothing to do with Matthews or Nylander. And yeah, I would still rather have Puljarvi and I think his upside is better.

Marner is not on par with Matthews. Sorry, but that's just fact. Matthews is simply in a different class.