Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Mantha

Banned

Default Re: Monster Mantha

If you're trading him for parise, that's a win. I'd consider trading for palmieri or brassard a trade high as well

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    The Dobber lost means absolutely nothing

Yea Burakovsky at 130. I can't sell him for moldy bread right now.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Pro

I believe the Top 300 rankings are supposed to be a reflection of Dobber's projections of immediate and long-term production of the players, not a reflection of their current perceived value among the general fantasy hockey population... It is a subtle distinction I suppose, but an important one to make. And it is the reason that he has Burakovsky listed that high despite him being virtually unsaleable at present in many leagues.

I get that some people don't give the rankings much credence, but personally I find them very useful because Dobber has forgotten more about fantasy hockey than I have learned. On many things fantasy hockey I trust his opinion more than I trust mine... lol

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Would you guys think Mantha -> Puljujarvi is selling high?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Keppada View Post
    Would you guys think Mantha -> Puljujarvi is selling high?
    My initial thought is yes, but it's not like Puljujarvi has done much yet himself. That being said, I do like Puljujarvi's upside more than Mantha's. I'd almost call this a close, even trade. Both have yet to really prove much in their young careers.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

I agree with Axe. Close / Break Even trade. If you aren't competitive this year then it is slightly better... if you are competitive this year it is slightly worse.... Since we were on the topic of the top 300 list, Pool Party is 116 and Mantha is 121. Mantha's rank is buoyed by his current situation/production, while Pulj's rank is buoyed by his upside despite his current situation/lack of production. If it was a ranking of perceived values then I think Puljujarvi would be much higher than Mantha.

Dobber Sports Sage

Another multi-point night for the kid. Let the good times roll.

Dobber Sports Pro

Another great snipe, another heads up play for an assist, another +2 outing, and another 18+ minutes.

Love it. Especially after his previous game where the ice time was there but he did not impact the box score or peripherals.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thumbs up Re: Monster Mantha

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    I believe the Top 300 rankings are supposed to be a reflection of Dobber's projections of immediate and long-term production of the players, not a reflection of their current perceived value among the general fantasy hockey population... It is a subtle distinction I suppose, but an important one to make. And it is the reason that he has Burakovsky listed that high despite him being virtually unsaleable at present in many leagues.

I get that some people don't give the rankings much credence, but personally I find them very useful because Dobber has forgotten more about fantasy hockey than I have learned. On many things fantasy hockey I trust his opinion more than I trust mine... lol

what he said

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Another great snipe, another heads up play for an assist, another +2 outing, and another 18+ minutes.

Love it. Especially after his previous game where the ice time was there but he did not impact the box score or peripherals.
    Easily 80 points next year

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Easily 80 points next year
    Hahaaa that would be awesome. 50+ this year and 60+ next year would not surprise me at all. Kid looks good out there.

Edit: 50+ PACE* this year, that is. Not ending with 50+ points.

Dobber Sports Pro

Can we get another point or two tonight from the Monster? I am actually starting to tune in to Detroit games just to watch this kid develop. Too bad they don't start until late tonight.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

How about a hat trick? He hasn't done that yet 😃

Dobber Sports Pro

A hat trick would be nice... But I would settle for 2 goals 1 assist +3 5 SOG 2 PIM a hit and 2 blocks. Don't want to be greedy....

Dobber Sports Prodigy

a week ago I traded Mantha for Suter straight up in a points only keeper - i'm trying to stay in 1st this year and Brodie wasn't doing me any favors. still hoping to reacquire Mantha at some point.
    14 team Keeper Points only - limited starting roster moves
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 3G
    C: Vilardi, Dvorak, Karlsson
    LW: Vrana, Hertl, Mangiapane
    RW: Kubalik, Point, Tuch
    D: Ty Smith, Hughes, Burns, Hronek
    G: Shesterkin, Varlamov, Vanacek
    BENCH
    Kakko, Turcotte, Sharangovich, Vilardi, Beckman, Perfetti, Lysell, Sillinger, McTavish
    Drysdale, Perunovich, R.Merkley, Fagemo
    Dostal